Play Nice The Sanctuary Thread v1 [Off-Season Review] [No Melting]

Remove this Banner Ad

One more win and I reckon we are safe- probably 6th.​

West Coast very gettable this week. They're at the end of their compressed fixture and they're a bit banged up. If we neutralize NicNat and limit the clean clearances we will get them. Reckon Gov misses which will be great for our chances.​

Go in with Winx, Skunk and a heap of running smalls. Drop the ball to players on the lead 35m out rather than bomb to the top of the square.​

Saints by 13​

Doggies did that after the first, kept it low & they came up with the win.

**Edit: They didn’t go in with Winx & Skunk, but they did drop the ball to players on the lead.

Great idea this thread , we do get sick of the negativit’s.

Did not think we’d beat Melb, nervous against Haw but we’ll do this lot. Paddy to put on a master class re NN, King to kick 4, Doogs to slot a long range snap, Hunter to weave through them like witches hats, Longy to crunch Sheed and JB to take a speccy (was trying on Sunday).

Saints by 25.

Nervous as with this game, need Doogs to do everything possible to get under Kennedys skin, Long to hit Ryan hard in a couple of early tackles & Paddy to negate Nicknats ruckwork, do that & we’ll give this a big shake.
Saints by 4pts with a Billings after the siren goal.

No melts but plenty of heart attacks.

great initiative. means the other thread can be a bit more open in "play"

Just to be clear the intention is not to have this thread so that the regular game day threads can get worse!
Rules are still rules and will still apply. Still can't abuse players or each other. I don't see the game day thread changing much or at all.

The intention for this thread is purely so that people who wish to avoid excessive negativity, arguments, posts potting players etc. can have somewhere to go to discuss the game.

That's the theory anyway. Gameday is going to be interesting.

I'm just here to congratulate our skipper. Rookie to 200 games. Well done.

alright let's start a discussion,
you are right, 200 is a huge milestone ( only 4.4% of all players reach that) so must be about 1% or less to go from rookie to 200.
but we need for it to be his last year as either captain or player for us to keep moving forwards

Just to be clear the intention is not to have this thread so that the regular game day threads can get worse!
Rules are still rules and will still apply. Still can't abuse players or each other. I don't see the game day thread changing much or at all.

The intention for this thread is purely so that people who wish to avoid excessive negativity, arguments, posts potting players etc. can have somewhere to go to discuss the game.

That's the theory anyway. Gameday is going to be interesting.
Since when did that law come in , Geez i have seen lots of players cop a spray in there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when did that law come in , Geez i have seen lots of players cop a spray in there

Been there for as long as I've known!

6. This board has been set up for supporters of the St Kilda FC. Please refrain from excessive or exaggerated criticism of St Kilda players, club personnel or the St Kilda FC itself. This board has a variety supporters who all hold individual views on how important or talented our players are. Posters have been known to exaggerate to stress their point. It is a common practice that will no longer be tolerated. We will edit or delete posts describing players as "useless" or "talentless" or any other exaggerated negative criticism. Similarly do not use excessive criticisms of club personnel (such as a coach or board member) or imply corruption or incompetence without significant proof. Do not unduly criticise the club. These actions can be hurtful to the individual involved or family members / friends thereof. Further they can result in legal action by the slandered person. Repeat offenders risk being permanently excluded from this board. Reasonable criticism is perfectly OK - especially when made in an immediate post match context.

It's one of those things that I think has crept up on us, people get away with things and over time, boundaries of what is acceptable get moved. At this stage I believe the interpretation is generally around the language used. You would be surprised and disappointed at the number of posts we have to remove some days.
We're hoping to get things shifted back in the right direction and help the community understand what is and isn't acceptable to post. Won't be an overnight fix but it's a constant work in progress and hopefully we can keep shifting the culture in the right direction.
Hopefully this thread helps with achieving that!

The game day thread should be a bit of open slather in my opinion, particularly when we can't attend. Yell a bit of abuse and generally have a release from this uptight town we're stuck in.

Hmm no can't agree with that, I think it's important we try to keep improving the standards here.
Facebook comment sections already exist, no point us trying to fill that same niche.

Hmm no can't agree with that, I think it's important we try to keep improving the standards here.
Facebook comment sections already exist, no point us trying to fill that same niche.

No probs with that and I know I'm in the minority. I tend to stay away from the game day threads due to a lack of self control!

No probs with that and I know I'm in the minority. I tend to stay away from the game day threads due to a lack of self control!

That is impressive self control in itself!

The next two weeks set up the finish really well. We get to play against teams that are at the level we’ll need to be at in the finals. If we are good enough we’ll make it. If we don’t get there, we aren’t good enough yet.
The positive is that we are big chances in both games. We’ve been playing a lot better in Queensland than the Eagles and GWS haven't been looking great either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back