Play Nice The Sanctuary Thread v1 [Off-Season Review] [No Melting]

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone in here able to comment without a single melt has my respect. This is a hard one to watch.

It's all perspective I think. Incredibly young and inexperienced team still. I think part of the reason so many are disappointed is that we're overachieving for where we 'should' be. All this talk of the Eagles B-Team but they're still older and much more experienced than us.
Still disappointing, of course.
There is still time for them to come out and surprise us.

Anyone in here able to comment without a single melt has my respect. This is a hard one to watch.

We are getting enough of it and effectively owning possession without reward whilst random instances go against in a dewy situation with persistent rain is a thing and are only 2 goals down.

It's still fine, low scoring is good for us given 1 quarter left.

It's all perspective I think. Incredibly young and inexperienced team still. I think part of the reason so many are disappointed is that we're overachieving for where we 'should' be. All this talk of the Eagles B-Team but they're still older and much more experienced than us.

It’s one of the positives (?), a lot of young kids in the backline.

Lost for words with our footy club.

Destiny is in their hand next week but jeez it’s hard not to be flat after that.

Hear what you’re saying and a positive way to look at it but that was nearly a WAFL side playing. We had plenty of players with enough years under their belt who should have stood up.

its was a disgusting performance, tactically, and skill-wise, it's possible to brush it off as young and inexperienced but don't hide from the fact that was a worse than poor performance and anyone would be hard-pressed to say any single player had a good night.

Kelly and Gaff carried that side.

There is not a player on our side that ever will get close to their level and that will be our downfall for years to come.
when we needed 1 player to stand up, be clean, be tough and say this isn't good enough, we had none,

Hear what you’re saying and a positive way to look at it but that was nearly a WAFL side playing. We had plenty of players with enough years under their belt who should have stood up.

The Eagles' demographic is that of a premiership contender. Ours is not.
They have the premiership coach, leaders and structure. We are still learning our craft. They have the depth, the plan and the leadership. Old enough to have the composure.

Not trying to be overly positive but that's just the facts as I see it, and I think history agrees. Barring a golden run from the umpires, beneficial rule changes or just plain luck, teams in our position aren't world beaters.

its was a disgusting performance, tactically, and skill-wise, it's possible to brush it off as young and inexperienced but don't hide from the fact that was a worse than poor performance and anyone would be hard-pressed to say any single player had a good night.

Kelly and Gaff carried that side.

There is not a player on our side that ever will get close to their level and that will be our downfall for years to come.
when we needed 1 player to stand up, be clean, be tough and say this isn't good enough, we had none,

Steele, Sinclair, Clark and Ryder cracked in and had good games off the top of my head.
I think composure and experience will change things, as well as plugging a few obvious deficiencies in our list.
And hopefully as we develop a less one-dimensional game plan is on the cards as well.

Steele, Sinclair, Clark and Ryder cracked in and had good games off the top of my head.
I think composure and experience will change things, as well as plugging a few obvious deficiencies in our list.
And hopefully as we develop a less one-dimensional game plan is on the cards as well.
they did ok, wouldn't say any had a good game
though Steele was ok at best
Sincs had a bit of it but was ordinary with disposal ( not alone by any means)
Clarke was below his best
Paddy dropped off as the game went on, not knocking but couldn't halve NN in the last.

our midfield outside of Steele and Sincs tonight was nonexistent, sure we can find mids available to fill levels below Steele, but we absolutely need mids to be above Steele.

No one player cost us that game, it was a collective stink up, but gees we absolutely need to make a few of our bottom players depth because the likes of Kent and Geary and Hind aren't going to move us forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reality is they’re not.
Duggan - 23
Ryan - 23
Waterman - 22
Cole - 23
Petrucelle - 21
Brayshaw - 22
Ainsworth - 22
O’Neill - 20
Brander - 21
Rotham - 22
Allen - 21

even Nelson and Barrass 24

Reality is they’re not.
Duggan - 23
Ryan - 23
Waterman - 22
Cole - 23
Petrucelle - 21
Brayshaw - 22
Ainsworth - 22
O’Neill - 20
Brander - 21
Rotham - 22
Allen - 21

No, it's true - From memory their squad demographic tonight is on par with Richmond's. They also had I think 7 players with 150+ games experience compared to our 3.

Our team tonight is younger and less experienced than Roos, Bombers, Bulldogs, Crows and Blues most recent squads.

No, it's true - From memory their squad demographic tonight is on par with Richmond's. They also had I think 7 players with 150+ games experience compared to our 3.

Our team tonight is younger and less experienced than Roos, Bombers, Bulldogs, Crows and Blues most recent squads.
Saw a graphic two weeks ago showing we fielding the 5th youngest and least experienced side over the season.

It was disappointing but we nearly snatched the game in the last quarter. Our midfield was cut to pieces by Kelly and Ryan. If either of them played for us, we win fairly comfortably.
We know we’re one or two top mids short of being a top side and that just got reinforced.
Lots of comments elsewhere about lack of courage etc. I don’t think that’s the case, we’re just not quite there yet. We are traveling better than the Suns who are on a similar path.
I think we match up better to GWS and could win that. Not that it will matter a lot, as we’ll get knocked out early.

Reality is they’re not.
Duggan - 23
Ryan - 23
Waterman - 22
Cole - 23
Petrucelle - 21
Brayshaw - 22
Ainsworth - 22
O’Neill - 20
Brander - 21
Rotham - 22
Allen - 21

Kennedy 33
Hurn 33
Scho 31
Nic 30
Shepard 29
Gov 28
Darling 28
Gaff 28

we had 2 players over 28, Ryder and geary.

logic here seems to be even though the eagles are a premiership team 2 years ago,
Take away 2 of their best mids (yeo and Shuey) all of a sudden they are a wafl team we should flog.
Even though our team, half of which hasn’t played 20 games together, is also missing 2 of their best mids (Gresham Hannebery)

We have a good squad here, obviously could use a couple more mids. (Maybe Bytel, Byrnes become those players?)

once this team has been together for a couple of years it will click.
Just need a bit more composure and chemistry together.

Right now we are losing a lot of close games, dropping games we should win, and just seem immature mentally.

Reminds me of Brisbane 2 years ago, and Richmond in the years prior to when we flogged them maddies match then all of a sudden it clicked for those boys.

Honestly max king had a few chances to kick a winning goal last quarter on top of dropping a few marks early.

Hes only 20, only played 20 games, skinny, lacking confidence, playing as our main target, getting molested by gorillas every week and like his predecessor gets no love from the whistle.

He is on his way. And once he comes on, we win that game, and probably another 3-4 close ones we dropped this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back