2nds The SANFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Team DJ

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2011
Penny Lane
AFL Club
Carlton
I would like to use this thread to discuss all things SANFL.
No matter the topic or the team, this can be a one stop shop.
Also can be used to talk about any AFC players who are running around in the Local Leagues.

I know that there is an SANFL board but no one ever uses it, and I am sure there are quite a few SANFL fans on here that can get some good discussions happening.

I know that there is an SANFL board but no one ever uses it, and I am sure there are quite a few SANFL fans on here that can get some good discussions happening.
There's actually a Central District fan (Brucetiki I think????) Who puts in a nice review every monday-Tuesday for the previous round. So it would be good to read :)

Heard from a source today that a strong SANFL internal rumour that Sturt might be handing over the club to SANFL -- AFL in very near future as run out of options to survive.

Heard from a source today that a strong SANFL internal rumour that Sturt might be handing over the club to SANFL -- AFL in very near future as run out of options to survive.
Will surely become the Sturt Double Crows next season.

I say this as a Sturt supporter as the alternative is oblivion or a "merger" (takeover)

Sturt are looking down the Barrel in a big way

Westies aren't as bad, but with a limited supporter base and located virtually in an industrial area I can't see how things will get better.

Westies have always survived thanks to a very strong social network that had its genesis in the 50's and early 60's.

As that support base dies off the club will slip further behind unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant see how the Sturt Double Crows would work.

Goes against the Team for All South Australians thing.

Would supporters continue to support their normal SANFL team or go for Sturt?

Anyone currently following the SANFL would still support their original club

Proper, membership buying SANFL supporters would continue to support their own club.

People like my mum and her friends might go and watch the Crowserves play when they don't have anything else on.

I expect it will change over the next 12-24 months. 2 Reserves teams (Adelaide & Port Magpies) and 8 SANFL Teams, removal of the bye and Sturt will remain

I expect it will change over the next 12-24 months. 2 Reserves teams (Adelaide & Port Magpies) and 8 SANFL Teams, removal of the bye and Sturt will remain

My prediction also kinda.

Magpies leave the SANFL to be the Powers ressies.
Crows create a new ressies.

8 team SANFL

Close.. I expect the reserves teams to be playing in the VFL, with Port Magpies dropping out of the SANFL as a result (Port can't afford 2 teams, let alone 3).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back