2nds The SANFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it the last SANFL game at AAMI?

We know Crows and Port going to Adelaide oval .......but would have thought SANFL would have stayed at AAMI??

What's the go?

In the longer term the place is being bulldozed and sold off for housing. The Crows complex and a small part of the eastern seating will remain, but the rest is being demolished for housing ala Waverley.

For starters the oval's staying and they're it'll be 8-10 years before they start tearing down any of the stands. No reason why they can't still play preseason/SANFL games there.

I've actually heard that the AFL pre-season comp, if it is still going to happen, will be there next year.

The place is being bulldozed and sold off for housing. The Crows complex and a small part of the eastern seating will remain, but the rest is being demolished for housing ala Waverley.

Has that been confirmed. Last I heard is the ground is being mothballed for up to 10 years while they work out what to do with it.

Has that been confirmed. Last I heard is the ground is being mothballed for up to 10 years while they work out what to do with it.

Well there was plans before the council earlier this year.

It will be a long term plan, but obviously the SANFL want to have access to the their $100 million dollar slush fund sooner rather than later.

The SANFL needs to do something about the HTB rule. The interpretation is that different between the AFL now it is almost a different game. Although Norwood plays a defensive game, it was the HTB rule that ruined the GF as a spectacle. Grabbing possession and holding onto it in the hope for yet another ball up just allows sides to lock it in longer.

It will be a long term plan, but obviously the SANFL want to have access to the their $100 million dollar slush fund sooner rather than later.

Think there is a few years delay to make sure that SACA does not get all the blankets when they roll over.

From my understanding, the land the SAnFL were going to sell of to be used for this proposal was the old shed land and the Max Basheer oval.

AAMI stadium is staying with the crows headquarters. Their was some talk about removing the new northern stand but that wasn't going to happen for a few years. The power and the crows need somewhere to play pre season game during February and early March whist the cricket contract at the AO is still in use.

From my understanding, the land the SAnFL were going to sell of to be used for this proposal was the old shed land and the Max Basheer oval.

AAMI stadium is staying with the crows headquarters. Their was some talk about removing the new northern stand but that wasn't going to happen for a few years. The power and the crows need somewhere to play pre season game during February and early March whist the cricket contract at the AO is still in use.

Considering the NAB Cup now is no longer a organised competition (or that's what is predicted), could we see all these pre-season matches being played at suburban grounds instead?

Surely the SANFL grounds would be sufficient for pre-season games. Given the likelihood of the NAB Cup being scrapped, trial games could (and have) take place at SANFL grounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the NAB Cup now is no longer a organised competition (or that's what is predicted), could we see all these pre-season matches being played at suburban grounds instead?
Surely the SANFL grounds would be sufficient for pre-season games. Given the likelihood of the NAB Cup being scrapped, trial games could (and have) take place at SANFL grounds.

You're both correct but remember, until the licence gets sold - the SANFL make these decisions and it would be based on them making money. Not the suburban club.

Also, it may have something to do with broadcasting. Radio, TV, stuff like that but that seems easy to overcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back