Opinion The SARS-COV-2 and COVID-19 Political or otherwise all you can eat Buffet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
So who would have guessed that cutting the ability of airlines to bring sufficient passengers on flights to make them worthwhile would make them remove routes completely. Emirates Airlines have suspended all Routes to Australia. Except the closer Perth flights.
While technically WA is part of Australia they are the secretive paranoid North Korea part and I don’t really trust their intentions. 😜

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
So who would have guessed that cutting the ability of airlines to bring sufficient passengers on flights to make them worthwhile would make them remove routes completely. Emirates Airlines have suspended all Routes to Australia. Except the closer Perth flights.
While technically WA is part of Australia they are the secretive paranoid North Korea part and I don’t really trust their intentions. 😜

Read further down the article, do you think the Australian Government has a responsibility to get these people home?

I’m still trying to get my head around in September last year we were told

Then we are told this in December

If you have been overseas for years and now want to come back because it is safer here, well I’ve got some news for you. Tough luck. No sympathy.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Another Icon of the north dies its untimely death.
My Ex wife used to hang around up in Kuranda with a bunch of indigenous kids who were the first dancers to get a job with Tjapukai. Many years before I met her. Sad to see this good business go by the wayside after 33 years of showcasing indigenous culture to the world.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Another Icon of the north dies its untimely death.
My Ex wife used to hang around up in Kuranda with a bunch of indigenous kids who were the first dancers to get a job with Tjapukai. Many years before I met her. Sad to see this good business go by the wayside after 33 years of showcasing indigenous culture to the world.

As kirky with all his experience in business woukd say, 'just a s**t business and good riddance'.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Read further down the article, do you think the Australian Government has a responsibility to get these people home?

If you have been overseas for years and now want to come back because it is safer here, well I’ve got some news for you. Tough luck. No sympathy.

These people are not citizens there so likely no social security, Medicare, family to stay with etc. contracts end, seemingly secure Jobs are lost. Now they need to leave. It’s not that hard to understand.

I think your impending Birthday celebrations are clouding your judgment.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
As kirky with all his experience in business woukd say, 'just a sh*t business and good riddance'.

Good grief you are a goose sometimes - is this reliant on international tourism? If so, I think I’ve been very clear that business reliant on international tourism have borne the full impact of COVID-19 and therefore something out of their total control.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
These people are not citizens there so likely no social security, Medicare, family to stay with etc. contracts end seemingly secure Jobs are lost.

I think your impending Birthday celebrations are clouding your judgment.

Not so and if it doesn’t go ahead I save myself $50k.

If those that have been overseas for years and want to come back then they sign a declaration that they will stay here for a minimum say 5 years (actually contribute to Australian society). These are people that have lived overseas for years so they had already made a choice that they preferred that country rather than their place of birth. And if they have a dual passport then I’m sorry, stay where you are.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good grief you are a goose sometimes - is this reliant on international tourism? If so, I think I’ve been very clear that business reliant on international tourism have borne the full impact of COVID-19 and therefore something out of their total control.

Nope, you're on record as saying any business that has all its eggs in one basket deserves to fail. Because you're also an expert marketer, you know, because you sold banking products to banking customers, so you're an expert in every business.

they may have been overseas for years, but circumstances have changed due to COVID. They may have lost their jobs, and can no longer afford to live there.. so of course you’d come home.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nope, you're on record as saying any business that has all its eggs in one basket deserves to fail. Because you're also an expert marketer, you know, because you sold banking products to banking customers, so you're an expert in every business.

Yes I did and I won’t retract it however some leniency given there is no, repeat, no international tourism. There however is still domestic tourism.

Ha ha, you gave no idea what I did in my career. The level of marketing oneself, cold calling (you now knocking on doors and introducing yourself etc) and relationship banking but you know all about what business managers do, don’t you. By all means keep having cheap shots but I probably had a better idea what happened in the business world than you.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
they may have been overseas for years, but circumstances have changed due to COVID. They may have lost their jobs, and can no longer afford to live there.. so of course you’d come home.

Tennis players can arrive into Melbourne but people that got caught on holidays can't yet get home apparently. It's hard to maintain a 'tough luck, you accepted the risk' attitude when it's not applied across the board. Despite the hopes of a few people in this thread, NSW didn't exactly explode with covid cases. Is it 3 local cases in the last 3 days? Seems strange these people can't get home and self isolate.

Last edited:

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Tennis players can arrive into Melbourne but people that got caught on holidays can't yet get home apparently. It's hard to maintain a 'tough luck, up you accepted the risk' attitude when it's not applied across the board. Despite the hopes of a few people in this thread, NSW didn't exactly explode with covid cases. Is it 3 local cases in the last 3 days? Seems strange these people can't get home and self isolate.
Dan is more worried about losing a sporting event to another state than letting his people come home. Imagine being stuck interstate in your own country, FMD, I can only imagine the outcry if this was a Lib premier.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tennis players can arrive into Melbourne but people that got caught on holidays can't yet get home apparently. It's hard to maintain a 'tough luck, you accepted the risk' attitude when it's not applied across the board. Despite the hopes of a few people in this thread, NSW didn't exactly explode with covid cases. Is it 3 local cases in the last 3 days? Seems strange these people can't get home and self isolate.

Those Vics stranded in NSW were told prior to Xmas, you do so at your own risk. The borders could close at any moment given the Northern Beaches outbreak was already underway. They were giving 24 hours to get back and poor diddums, had to wait to cross the border for a few hours. Had to spend New Years in the car.

The entitlement brigade as usual.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dan is more worried about losing a sporting event to another state than letting his people come home. Imagine being stuck interstate in your own country, FMD, I can only imagine the outcry if this was a Lib premier.

Pretty sure I've read the usual leftards belittling anybody that posts anything resembling even slight economic preference against hard lockdowns and closed borders. But if it's a Labor Premier, you hear nothing and they won't even engage in the discussion. Or will completely contradict dozens of earlier posts but somehow rationalise it as being consistent. It's weird. Me, I'd hold the tennis event and allow the people home under orange zone rules. But I'm on record as saying the NSW test should go ahead, so what would I know. There's been an EXPLOSION in NSW since that event.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Those Vics stranded in NSW were told prior to Xmas, you do so at your own risk. The borders could close at any moment given the Northern Beaches outbreak was already underway. They were giving 24 hours to get back and poor diddums, had to wait to cross the border for a few hours. Had to spend New Years in the car.

What about letting internationals in just for a tennis event?

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

You don’t know what circumstances people have for being in NSW and what stopped them from coming home.

Irrespective, this has been weeks now. The only way to get home is via permit which they aren’t even processing in a timely manner. That’s a disgrace and you’d be in meltdown if it was a Lib leader and you know it.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
What about letting internationals in just for a tennis event?

It isn’t just a tennis event, it is a Grand Slam event. Do you have any idea what that means?

You know what, they are in 14 day quarantine at their expense and they had to charter private plane to get here.

It is good for the mental health and economyThat is what Gladys keeps on banging about at her press conferences with regard to not having lockdowns etc in NSW so good for one Lib Premier to say it then good for the rest of the country as well.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
You don’t know what circumstances people have for being in NSW and what stopped them from coming home.

Irrespective, this has been weeks now. The only way to get home is via permit which they aren’t even processing in a timely manner. That’s a disgrace and you’d be in meltdown if it was a Lib leader and you know it.

They were warned that is all that matters just like those overseas, they were warned in late March to get back home.

And if Gladys could get zero community for 14 days then it would all change.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Red Zone can't even apply for a permit. People potentially had to drive hundreds of clicks in a hire car to get to an airport to catch a flight that would probably have been able to be booked a hundred times over. But a tennis event for the $ is ok according to Kirky, cos he maintains an apolitical and consistent view.

E6A900D6-D305-46ED-99AA-75B00FD24023.png

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It isn’t just a tennis event, it is a Grand Slam event. Do you have any idea what that means?

You know what, they are in 14 day quarantine at their expense and they had to charter private plane to get here.

It is good for the mental health and economyThat is what Gladys keeps on banging about at her press conferences with regard to not having lockdowns etc in NSW so good for one Lib Premier to say it then good for the rest of the country as well.

Did you support Gladys when she was making those statements?

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did you support Gladys when she was making those statements?

Not an apples with apples. Each state other than NSW has been able to get to zero community transmission for x no of days (refer below). They have done it by having lockdowns and border closures. She has rarely got to 14 days with zero community transmission (think it has happened once). s**t she had to be pulled kicking and screaming to get mandatory mask wearing and her current restrictions only allow 5 to a household, we have 50.

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
They were warned that is all that matters just like those overseas, they were warned in late March to get back home.

And if Gladys could get zero community for 14 days then it would all change.
Isn’t the benchmark not causing a 3 month lockdown because of corruption and then covering it up?

No all that matters is they are Australian citizens in Australia and the Victorian government should be doing their best to get them home, the useless *s can’t even process permits on a timely basis because they are incompetent and if that was Gladys you would have wet yourself.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Isn’t the benchmark not causing a 3 month lockdown because of corruption and then covering it up?

No all that matters is they are Australian citizens in Australia and the Victorian government should be doing their best to get them home, the useless fu**s can’t even process permits on a timely basis because they are incompetent and if that was Gladys you would have wet yourself.

You and your mate hate Dan we get it. Get over it. Another 4 more years coming up in 2022. And why? Because the Liberal Opposition are bloody useless.

Just listen to this. You want the definition of hypocrisy listen to this - all within 10 days. And Mutineer has the gall to support this fool.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Red Zone can't even apply for a permit. People potentially had to drive hundreds of clicks in a hire car to get to an airport to catch a flight that would probably have been able to be booked a hundred times over. But a tennis event for the $ is ok according to Kirky, cos he maintains an apolitical and consistent view.

View attachment 1041421

What they never heard of roads?

Perhaps Gladys should get her s**t together like all the other Lib and ALP states have. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back