Opinion The SARS-COV-2 and COVID-19 Political or otherwise all you can eat Buffet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust your Doctors they say ....

View attachment 1046787
Can you imagine the dire situation for him to have to do this? We were hearing of stories where there weren’t enough ventilators and they were having to choose as to who got treatment or not, and having to take people off ventilators so others could have them. Perhaps he felt he needed to ease their suffering before their inevitable death?

Can you imagine the dire situation for him to have to do this? We were hearing of stories where there weren’t enough ventilators and they were having to choose as to who got treatment or not, and having to take people off ventilators so others could have them. Perhaps he felt he needed to ease their suffering before their inevitable death?
Most probably, and you can understand the thought process, given other life & death calls ......but still heartbreaking and obviously Doctor losing perspective under pressure

Most probably, and you can understand the thought process, given other life & death calls ......but still heartbreaking and obviously Doctor losing perspective under pressure
I don’t think he lost perspective, but he was almost certainly under immense pressure. They had to triage...those that were unlikely to survive were taken off life saving equipment for other patients. I heard this was happening in New York as well.

Why Australia went hard on an enquiry call early. I expect it’s a dirty secret that all intelligence networks are well aware of.
How do you control a rogue Godzilla beast?

I don’t think he lost perspective, but he was almost certainly under immense pressure. They had to triage...those that were unlikely to survive were taken off life saving equipment for other patients. I heard this was happening in New York as well.
An extension of the “do not resuscitate” sign on patient charts at nursing homes.

Primum non nocere

Where’s John Cleese when you need a translation.
I guess google it is then.
It's an oath used in Medical School, Latin to English translation " first do no harm"

There has been pushback of late using the saying.
How can a Doctor do no harm if they know that side effects from prescribing medication can do harm, and there are other examples used.

So it might not be around for much longer, but I use it because a Dr has a responsibility to their patients, to do the best they can for that person.
Not much to ask for.

It's an oath used in Medical School, Latin to English translation " first do no harm"

There has been pushback of late using the saying.
How can a Doctor do no harm if they know that side effects from prescribing medication can do harm, and there are other examples used.

So it might not be around for much longer, but I use it because a Dr has a responsibility to their patients, to do the best they can for that person.
Not much to ask for.
I thought it was somewhat acceptable to dose some cancer etc patients that are in great pain to a point that they essentially overdose. The humane thing to do. But is a fine line to tread for the Doctors.

I thought it was somewhat acceptable to dose some cancer etc patients that are in great pain to a point that they essentially overdose. The humane thing to do. But is a fine line to tread for the Doctors.
The example you gave there is not a doctor, it's not a doctors job nor description of a doctors job.

Without consultation it would be a very foolish pathway for a Doctor to walk.
Doctor one day, criminal the next.

I think Nicola Spurrier is a bit hot, and the rest of the states chief health officers are dogs.
I normally go for younger women but Nicola, oh my goodness.
Don't be scared to comment, let it out.
Yes I think if most of those CMO’s weren’t smack bang in the rickety and vulnerable age group, they’d be less trigger happy with their panicked shutdowns at the drop of a hat.
“Faaark 🤯I’m gunna die”. “Everybody go home and stay away from me”..🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they weren't taken off life support, they were injected with a lethal dose of anaesthetic.

But they weren't taken off life support, they were injected with a lethal dose of anaesthetic.
Do we know that? And if he did it as a perverse power trip, throw the damned book at him and lock him up for life. But if he was put in a position where he had to remove them from life support in order to save others more likely to survive... what do you do then?

Explain this .....Vaccine should be aimed at the older population ....or is the pharmaceutical company saying a) it doesn't work on elderly b) won't work on high risk patients c) don't waste you time

View attachment 1047513
The Oxford AstraZeneca trials didn't have enough people aged 65+, so they simply don't have enough data to allow countries to approve usage on these age groups. It was a massive stuff-up, given that this is one of the highest risk groups, and therefore one which is in greatest need of the vaccine.

It's quite possible that it does work on the elderly, but the German Govt in particular has said that they won't be giving it to their elderly until there is more trial data available. That's on top of the limited data available for all of the vaccines, due to the short-term nature of the trials conducted so far.

So I wonder if this means young uber healthy athletes will jump the queue and get preferential treatment to be vaccinated, so they can go to the olympics. Ahead of older people. They are the least likely to get COVID-19, but most likely to test positive to SARS-COV-2 virus.

There’s already a lot of preferential treatment being afforded public figures and sports peoples with travel. It seems a logical next step to jump those more important ahead.

Rita Panahi is all kinds of ugly.

Another one of the Sky After Dark loonies with the likes of Rowan Dean etc. They should be forced to undergo psych tests as there is someone wrong with whatever brains they have left.

Any rate Dean, Rita and the other nut jobs will be kept busy with their wild ding bat theories over the next 4 years.

And then you have this - so funny

I see the Australia has been ranked 8th best out of 98 countries for the handling of the pandemic by the Lowry Institute.

NZ ranked #1, followed by Vietnam & Thailand.

Rwanda was ranked #6, which I found surprising.

The like of China were not ranked, as their reporting cannot be believed.

So I wonder if this means young uber healthy athletes will jump the queue and get preferential treatment to be vaccinated, so they can go to the olympics. Ahead of older people. They are the least likely to get COVID-19, but most likely to test positive to SARS-COV-2 virus.

There’s already a lot of preferential treatment being afforded public figures and sports peoples with travel. It seems a logical next step to jump those more important ahead.

No the Pfzier vaccine will go first to health care, essential and all those at risk (age 65+) and you could still fit in the athletes - we are getting sufficient to cover 5 million and there is 3.8 million aged 65+ in Australia (so 7.6 million is covered by the 10 million with 2.4 million to spare). Plenty to cover the at risk age groups.

No the Pfzier vaccine will go first to health care, essential and all those at risk (age 65+) and you could still fit in the athletes - we are getting sufficient to cover 5 million and there is 3.8 million aged 65+ in Australia (so 7.6 million is covered by the 10 million with 2.4 million to spare). Plenty to cover the at risk age groups.
Those at risk includes many, many people who are not aged 65+. They will make up a large part of the remaining 1.2 million Pfizer caseload (remembering that vaccination requires 2 shots - so 10 million shots is enough for 5 million people).

I'd struggle to think of a group less requiring of priority vaccination than athletes - maybe U18s, who seem to be almost immune to the effects of the disease (though they can still carry & spread the virus).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back