Competitions The Sausage Roll: Finals (week three).

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The "RAT" 18 points, I am horrified. :eek:

Now on a separate topic, if you buy a tattslotto ticket for Saturday night you don't win if your
numbers come up on Tuesday night. Subtle, cryptic I know, but too many rules spoil the
broth and total victory is not a reward for sloth.

Hope the "RAT" can bounce back because we have two common players today. ;)

upload_2018-9-22_15-26-57.jpeg

JAMES COOK MEDAL

james-cook-of-the-bulldogs-prepares-a-kick-for-goal-during-the-2nd-picture-id71515362

Congratulations to Dayzleeper, whose Preliminary Final score of 276 not only earns them the honour of the highest score of the week, but also the highest weekly score of the season to date. Scoring a massive 49 points more than the second placed JoshFunkley thanks largely to three goals to his captain, Mason Cox. Dayzleeper was also helped with bags of four goals to both Jordan De Goey (44 points) and Josh Kennedy (28 points).

The James Cook Medal will hang proudly in their trophy room.

James Cook kicked 96 goals in his 49 matches for the Western Bulldogs, including six goals in a heart breaking Preliminary Final loss in 1997.

2qn5g6e.png

OVERALL STANDINGS

The Brad Johnson Medal

590f71fa003ea5e81031948b89509472

TempletonTheRat has a 6-point lead over JoshFunkley in the race for The Sausage Roll's highest honour, the Brad Johnson Medal. bobs head soup is a further 11 points behind and is still well and truly in contention to take out the main prize. It looks like a three horse race, but boydshow could still shoot to the top with a massive Grand Final week, currently in fourth place, 66 points behind the leader.

We have a new cellar dwellar this week, with grassman75 languishing down the bottom of the ladder.

971j5w.png

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

The Jack Collins Medal

Our finalists are set. Congratulations to all eight teams who have qualified for next week's Champions League competition.

bobs head soup has been rewarded for their consistency by claiming the number one seed in the Champions League Final, accumulating 38 out of a possible 48 points.

JoshFunkley, despite not having selected a team since the opening week of the competition, accumulated 37.5 points and gets the number two seed.

Despite a shocker in week three, TempletonTheRat gets the number three seed with a total of 34 points across the three qualifying rounds. Was the third qualifying round just a blip in the radar?

boyshow (32 points), fpcookie (31 points), X_box_X (30 points), Fossie 32 (28.5 points) and Dayzleeper (28 points) are seeded fourth through to eighth respectively.

The good news for those teams with the lower seeds is that they now mean nothing. Every team starts on an even keel. Whichever Champions League Finalist scores the most points in the Grand Final will be awarded The Jack Collins Medal.
Should any team tie for the Medal, the following Tie Break rules will apply:

1. Highest overall score
2. Highest weekly score
3. Fewest number of zeros over the first three weeks.

proxy.php

kdtyio.png

ELIMINATOR

The Dicko Medal

proxy.php

The four lowest scoring remaining teams for the third week of finals have been eliminated after only three teams were eliminated last week after JoshFunkley and dogwatch avoided elimination due to being equal (on 167 points).

The five remaining teams in the eliminator will now face off against each other in the Grand Final.

Congratulations to JoshFunkley, bobs head soup, X_box_X, fpcookie and boydshow who have avoided elimination and will compete against each other in the Grand Final for The Dicko Medal.

In the Grand Final, one team will be eliminated at the end of each quarter (the lowest scoring team at the end of each quarter) until we have only one team standing.

The last team standing will win the eliminator.

What better way to award the winner of this competition with The Dicko Medal, the man who kicked goals in all four of the Bulldogs' winning finals in their triumphant 2016 campaign? He was the only player who kicked goals in all four matches - a feat that would not have seen him eliminated.

16a2r0g.png

Looks like the old "Most Consistent" award, but without the McDonalds voucher for a free cheeseburger.
But what has the previous three weeks meant if: "The good news for those teams with the lower seeds is that they now mean nothing. Every team starts on an even keel. Whichever Champions League Finalist scores the most points in the Grand Final will be awarded The Jack Collins Medal."

Oh so now you all listen....

:p:p:p:p

There is more rotting than AFL house going on in here!!!

I've put my application in for a priority pick before the grand final

If X can find time between blowing smoke up JoshFunkley's arse (who clearly isn't playing the comp) and assessing my application, that will be much appreciated!

(I am really enjoying being a pain in the arse)

:p:p:p

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oh so now you all listen....

:p:p:p:p

There is more rotting than AFL house going on in here!!!

I've put my application in for a priority pick before the grand final

If X can find time between blowing smoke up JoshFunkley's arse (who clearly isn't playing the comp) and assessing my application, that will be much appreciated!

(I am really enjoying being a pain in the arse)

:p:p:p
It's hard looking up from somewhere down grassman 75, it's always darkest before the dawn, it does not rain it pours.

No more "Themed Rounds" from me this week will be different, "No More Mr Nice Guy" total massacre !!

(By the way this pain in the arse thing you are good at it) :thumbsu:

Can you explain the Collins medal a bit more? It seems to be different to when I first read about it (or just didn't read properly the first time). What is the seeding for?
All you need to know is that the eight teams who have qualified for the Champions League will be competing against each other for the Champions League title. Whichever team of those eight teams scores the highest in Grand Final week will win the Champions League competition. Don't read anything into seedings. They mean nothing. First does not have any advantage over eighth.

Does that make sense?

All you need to know is that the eight teams who have qualified for the Champions League will be competing against each other for the Champions League title. Whichever team of those eight teams scores the highest in Grand Final week will win the Champions League competition. Don't read anything into seedings. They mean nothing. First does not have any advantage over eighth.

Does that make sense?

The 7 plus JoshFunkley you mean

What do you suggest we do? It can't be changed now, but I am open to feedback if I run this competition next year.

All good mate, I'm still poking the bear. Your efforts have been great to get this up and running quickly and there will always be teething problems. I Forgot to put my team in for round 2 as well

The main feed back I would give would be to not have to change your players around. At the start of the finals there are 8 teams - perhaps select a squad of 10 to 12 from whichever teams you like and top 5 scorers make up your total. As teams drop off, so do players. That's the skill in picking the right players from the right teams. Would save you handicapping each week too.

'M thinking about ways you can improve it...amid my faux bitching :p

Does that make sense?
Ah yeah cool, nps. Could be an idea to give each team a headstart of their total championship points to their GF score to reward the teams for the previous three weeks? That way it doesn't seem a waste? For ex, bobs head would get +38 to his GF score as a reward and similar for the rest of the teams?

I dunno, just seemed like a cool idea to give each team points for where they finished each week and then a bit of a waste to not use that seeding/point scoring in some way. Just throwing some ideas around, not having a crack! Love the comps, cheers for running :thumbsu:

Ah yeah cool, nps. Could be an idea to give each team a headstart of their total championship points to their GF score to reward the teams for the previous three weeks? That way it doesn't seem a waste? For ex, bobs head would get +38 to his GF score as a reward and similar for the rest of the teams?

I dunno, just seemed like a cool idea to give each team points for where they finished each week and then a bit of a waste to not use that seeding/point scoring in some way. Just throwing some ideas around, not having a crack! Love the comps, cheers for running :thumbsu:
Interesting idea and something we could look at introducing next year.

Back