Competitions The Sausage Roll: Finals (week two).

Remove this Banner Ad

WEEK TWO RESULTS

The Turtle

1ceaf51384c90ff9758b4e829eb9a340

For the second week in a row, TempletonTheRat takes out the weekly prize. The winner of last's week Del Re Medal, TempletonTheRat adds to his trophy cabinet after scoring a season-high 266 points. With seven of his eight players kicking goals, TempletonTheRat actually had Alex Neal Bullen's total score of 19 fail to contribute towards his weekly total.

TempletonTheRat's Semi Final performance is reminiscent of Chris Grant's Semi Final performance in the 1992 Semi Final against the Saints, after booting a match-winning five goals in the Bulldogs' 29-point victory.

boydshow and Fossie 32, scoring 238 and 222 points respectively, get this week's minor placings.

htxqpz.jpg

Alex Neal-Bullen, the lack of hyphen is beneath the standard of your colourful charts. ;)

OVERALL STANDINGS

The Brad Johnson Medal

TempletonTheRat has a 108-point lead over Fossie 32 in the race for The Sausage Roll's highest honour, the Brad Johnson Medal. StringyDog is performing like his name sake, languishing down the bottom of the ladder.

Is anyone able to chase down The Rat?

9s83n9.jpg

Reckon I have the most donuts so far as well, that record is mine and mine alone.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

The Jack Collins Medal

At the conclusion of each of the first three weeks of finals, each team will receive between 16 and one point depending on where you ranked for that week. The top ranked team will receive 16 points, the second ranked team will receive 15 points, so on and so forth until the bottom ranked team for that week receives one point.

At the end of the Preliminary Final, the top eight teams who have received the highest number of points under this format will play off in the Champions League.

The Champions League, played during the Grand Final week, will be awarded to the highest scoring team of the four teams competing in the Champions League.

The Tiebreaker rules for any teams equal on points will be decided by the following format:

1. Highest overall score
2. Highest weekly score
3. Fewest number of zeros over the first three weeks.

The winner of the Champions League will receive the Jack Collins Medal.

Collins kicked a career high 84 goals in the Bulldogs' breakthrough 1954 premiership season, including seven goals in the Grand Final. What better way than to acknowledge this great man for awarding the winner of the Champions League a medal in his honour?

JACK+COLLINS+TC.jpg

iy1klt.png

ELIMINATOR

The Dicko Medal

ee5167479863830c2e8b222f2517cfc8

The four lowest scoring remaining teams for the second week of finals have been eliminated. In the Preliminary Final, the three lowest scoring remaining teams will be eliminated, reducing the field to five.

The five remaining teams in the eliminator will face off against each other in the Grand Final.

In the Grand Final, one team will be eliminated at the end of each quarter (the lowest scoring team at the end of each quarter) until we have only one team standing.

The last team standing will win the eliminator.

What better way to award the winner of this competition with The Dicko Medal, the man who kicked goals in all four of the Bulldogs' winning finals in their triumphant 2016 campaign? He was the only player who kicked goals in all four matches - a feat that would not have seen him eliminated.

wsa63q.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but I have and I can now feel your pain and silent suffering. No big deal really, there is always next week and a new theme that
could lead to world domination. Should I go smalls or talls only the wise woman knows.

At least you knew it was coming. Here is an idea, why don't you go a team of Tatts? Or try and make a sentence out of each game? Cox and Darling would have to feature somewhere....

At least you knew it was coming. Here is an idea, why don't you go a team of Tatts? Or try and make a sentence out of each game? Cox and Darling would have to feature somewhere....
I was thinking team "Crumb" actually, but your sentence idea has merit. I don't know Howe I could do that, I would come up Short when
the ladies demand Moore Cox Darling that would be my Mayne frustration. Team "crumb" here we come.

upload_2018-9-17_9-25-9.png
The new competition this week is called the Fitzroy Bulldogs Cup where two teams merge to form a mighty powerhouse. I was summoned to Pastry House where an ultimatum was put to me: merge, or no more sausage rolls. It sounded flaky but what could I do? My trembling hand was forced.

A distraught fan called Irene Yojimbo-Grassman has apparently launched legal action and they're rattling sauce bottles on Footscray street corners, but I think it's too little too late.

So, reluctantly and with heavy heart I'm merging with TempletonTheRat . That's 469+309=778 points. The rest of you will need to organise your own waxing partner.

View attachment 559649
The new competition this week is called the Fitzroy Bulldogs Cup where two teams merge to form a mighty powerhouse. I was summoned to Pastry House where an ultimatum was put to me: merge, or no more sausage rolls. It sounded flaky but what could I do? My trembling hand was forced.

A distraught fan called Irene Yojimbo-Grassman has apparently launched legal action and they're rattling sauce bottles on Footscray street corners, but I think it's too little too late.

So, reluctantly and with heavy heart I'm merging with TempletonTheRat . That's 469+309=778 points. The rest of you will need to organise your own waxing partner.
Your thirst for victory is only matched by my thirst for a three way with Julie Bishop and Pauline Hanson. It's not over until the fat lady
sings and sadly I went to the concert last night, it's over the Rat wins everything.

Your thirst for victory is only matched by my thirst for a three way with Julie Bishop and Pauline Hanson. It's not over until the fat lady
sings and sadly I went to the concert last night, it's over the Rat wins everything.

Not a chance he beats the Moore Cox Darling forward line

I have just come across an error from week two.

JoshFunkley didn't submit their team and I hadn't named a captain for him. Their captain should have been Melksham, which nets them an extra 36 points.

This has slightly affected the Champions League and Eliminator.

JoshFunkley's 167 points tied with dogwatch's total. As a result, neither of them have been eliminated. There will now be four times eliminated in week three (previously only three teams were going to be eliminated).

I have just come across an error from week two.

JoshFunkley didn't submit their team and I hadn't named a captain for him. Their captain should have been Melksham, which nets them an extra 36 points.

This has slightly affected the Champions League and Eliminator.

JoshFunkley's 167 points tied with dogwatch's total. As a result, neither of them have been eliminated. There will now be four times eliminated in week three (previously only three teams were going to be eliminated).

No take backsies! if JoshFunkley cared about this comp he would have noticed the error.

You couldn't make allowances for eliminating me in the first week of an elimination comp that I didnT even know I'd been eliminated from until I was notified that I was eliminated

I can guarantee if I tied with dogwatch in this situation, we would a) both be eliminated or b) I would be eliminated on a count back.

Thinking of changing my user name to "the democrats" - keeping the bastards honest! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back