Analysis The SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounded more exciting when I made it mysterious

I think the scg being smaller means gameplan and strategy is more important

You can’t just Bomb away

We get exposed and punished for poor skills and stupid defensive play

Better gameplans and better coaching can triumph at the scg

We have a great record at Etihad which is only 4-5m longer than the SCG and 8 metres narrower.

How can that be explained if Horse coaching is being exposed on the larger by area size of the SCG?

We have a great record at Etihad which is only 4-5m longer than the SCG and 8 metres narrower.

How can that be explained if Horse coaching is being exposed on the larger by area size of the SCG?

Makes reasonable difference on that ground just my view,

Haven’t checked Intercept marks stats mind you

Sounded more exciting when I made it mysterious

I think the scg being smaller means gameplan and strategy is more important

You can’t just Bomb away

We get exposed and punished for poor skills and stupid defensive play

Better gameplans and better coaching can triumph at the scg

Agree 100%

The Sydney Swans have renewed calls for the SCG to break with more than 140 years of tradition and install a drop-in pitch amid growing frustration in cricket circles at the quality of the tracks at the famous venue.

In a continuation of the turf war between the commercial might of the AFL and the traditionalists in cricket, Swans chairman Andrew Pridham said the SCG needed to move with the times and dig up the hallowed centre wicket and become an all-purpose venue.

Oppo: The SCG is a thimble
Swan: No it's not. It's only a metre or so shorter than the MCG.
Oppo: Bullshit. It is a thimble.
Swan: Nah. Gameplan and strategy means we play it better and we can't just bomb it away.
Swan: We have better gameplans and coaching so we play better at the SCG.
Swan: Yeah nah but...

Oppo: The SCG is a thimble
Swan: No it's not. It's only a metre or so shorter than the MCG.
Swan: Nah. Gameplan and strategy means we play it better and we can't just bomb it away.
Swan: We have better gameplans and coaching so we play better at the SCG.
Swan: Yeah nah but...
I think most people think it's small because of the horrible camera angles And you don't get a sense of how wide it is. God knows why the afl just doesn't relocate the cameras from the members stand to the other side of the ground. Legit does anyone know why they don't do this?

I think most people think it's small because of the horrible camera angles And you don't get a sense of how wide it is. God knows why the afl just doesn't relocate the cameras from the members stand to the other side of the ground. Legit does anyone know why they don't do this?
Camera would be pointing into the sun for mid to late arvo games.

I am so on Edge during the game I barely notice the quality of the vision until I watch replays.

Maybe the sunset shots in twilight games?

It is the shortest ground AFL level is played on, and used to not fit the 50m arcs. This is why people believe it to be a short ground. Overall it's not a big impact, it's wider than most grounds.

Most AFL grounds are longer and skinny. The SCG is the only one which is short and wide.

Most AFL grounds are longer and skinny. The SCG is the only one which is short and wide.
Except that it’s almost the exact same dimensions as the Gabba - length and width.

It is the shortest ground AFL level is played on, and used to not fit the 50m arcs. This is why people believe it to be a short ground. Overall it's not a big impact, it's wider than most grounds.

It hasn't been this way for decades, but the media have the imagination of a gnat and when we win then its not because we play better - its because of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The height of the SCG cameras has been pissing me off for decades. Always appears very crowded and legal kicks often look like they’ve gone about 5 metres.

Surely it’s not too hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back