Toast The Scotch thread

DAWESOME!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
So one of my new year's resolutions this year was to drink a bit less, but drink better stuff and really enjoy it. Scotch has always been my spirit of choice, and so Santa helped out a bit with a couple of bottles of single malt Scotch.

Hadn't really tried the single malts before in any concentrated way, and I'm really enjoying learning about the different types and seeing what I like.

One thing I'll plug - Tasmania makes some absolutely brilliant world class single malts, and is a helluva lot cheaper to visit than Scotland. Get down there or look around here and try some Lark Hill, Nant, etc. (But they're pricey, so for special occasions. The Lark Hill is probably the overall best whisky I've tried so far).

My current other favourite is Talisker Storm. Has awesome mix of flavours including a bit hint of sea spray which sounds weird but is great.

Anyone else into scotch?

The Lagavulin 16yo was one that Santa brought. Like a bonfire started with petrol, in a good way.
It's great to line them all up starting with mildest, and then taste them all progressively
By the time you get to the last one.....:)

DAWESOME!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well, the past month at work has been one long s**t sandwich, and the next is looking worse.

So tonight, I'm clensing my palate with Talisker Storm, and at this rate, I don't think there's going to be any of the bottle left by bedtime.

It is going down well.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

DAWESOME!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm sick and phlegm-y and debating with myself whether whiskey is going to make me feel better or worse.

Should probably just go to bed.

DAWESOME!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bought a bottle of Johnny Walker Black to mix with soft drinks. Won't use good single malts to do that. Bottle of Black was four dollars more than Red Label - from memory it used to be more like 75% extra back in the day.

Back