Opinion The scourge of the player claim thread

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Like a hapless ant being consumed by a killer jungle fungus, so has our quaint forum been infected by the player claim threads:

Our board is now littered with 19 player claim threads (yes 19! :eek:) most struggling to crack a dozen posts and generating minimal debate.

Quality threads (like Snoops draft thread) are ending up on page 2 to make way for these snore fests.

Enoughs enough! It's time to take back our board! This is a call to arms. Support and bump the good threads. Ignore the rest.

Like a hapless ant being consumed by a killer jungle fungus, so has our quaint forum been infected by the player claim threads:

Our board is now littered with 19 player claim threads (yes 19! :eek:) most struggling to crack a dozen posts and generating minimal debate.

Quality threads (like Snoops draft thread) are ending up on page 2 to make way for these snore fests.

Enoughs enough! It's time to take back our board! This is a call to arms. Support and bump the good threads. Ignore the rest.

You’ll know the end is nigh when the Jarryd Blair claim thread appears...

Thank you.

Like a hapless ant being consumed by a killer jungle fungus, so has our quaint forum been infected by the player claim threads...

Well said Quicky :thumbsu:

Think it started this year when that moron posted the Ben Reid claim. Time to throw him off the board along with all the player claim threads.

Well said Quicky :thumbsu:

Think it started this year when that moron posted the Ben Reid claim. Time to throw him off the board along with all the player claim threads.

I know right. Who is that guy anyway? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a waste of space those things are. I come on here to glean the few miserable bits of information that the off season has to offer. I don't want to wade through a list of our players. I know who plays for us.
As for those list cloggers that fill our pages with this trite nonsense - they should be delisted, and hopefully taken on by some other club.

What a waste of space those things are. I come on here to glean the few miserable bits of information that the off season has to offer. I don't want to wade through a list of our players. I know who plays for us.
As for those list cloggers that fill our pages with this trite nonsense - they should be delisted, and hopefully taken on by some other club.
Yeah we heard you the first time :)

Can all the player claim threads just be merged with the player watch threads?

Then there's the scourge of the scourge of the player claim threads....

:eek:

What is the motivation behind the threads. Fame? Infamy?

I just did one on mason , as I couldn't find 1 on really our key point of difference
Some positive vibes quickly won't go astray on here
Really draft analysis is also boring , same s**t wrapped up in different paper

I just did one on mason , as I couldn't find 1 on really our key point of difference
Some positive vibes quickly won't go astray on here
Really draft analysis is also boring , same s**t wrapped up in different paper

Ok I'll give you a free pass on Mason...but a thread claiming Grundy, Pendlebury, Treloar or Sidebottom is gonna play well in 2018 is kinda Capt Obvious stuff...

Imagine that.

Multiple Threads on an Internet forum....

Who would have thunk it?

:cool:

(Just mucking about folks.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back