Opinion The scourge of the player claim thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My Ben Kinnear player claim was deleted. :( Can I use this thread instead?

Ol' mate Tarkyn, please share Ben Kinnear posts in the Ben Reid claim thread. Have HUGE things planned for that thread!

By February, viewers will have received Ben Read Family Christmas, a new dating app that gets you set every time, Ben Read State of the Nation, Kirby foam party gifs, beer coupons, and endless footage of honey badgers scaring lions.

A content arms race in the claim threads looms. And 'Ben Read', the first of these pernicious threads, won't let you down :thumbsu:

Ol' mate Tarkyn, please share Ben Kinnear posts in the Ben Reid claim thread. Have HUGE things planned for that thread!

By February, viewers will have received Ben Read Family Christmas, a new dating app that gets you set every time, Ben Read State of the Nation, Kirby foam party gifs, beer coupons, and endless footage of honey badgers scaring lions.

A content arms race in the claim threads looms. And 'Ben Read', the first of these pernicious threads, won't let you down :thumbsu:
I would love to contribute to such a glorious masterpiece of human achievement. Thank you very much!

2yk137q.jpg

I’m thinking of making a Petracca claim thread. I think the kid will be a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to the Player watch board... where a poster was given 1 player and all related, news, articles, photos and opinions were posted on that player in that thread, on that board.

That way actually relevant info was put in these threads and reading up on a player and how he was tracking was a useful resource and interesting to read at different times of the year.

These Player Claim threads are an aldi's version of a great tool.

Like a hapless ant being consumed by a killer jungle fungus, so has our quaint forum been infected by the player claim threads:

Our board is now littered with 19 player claim threads (yes 19! :eek:) most struggling to crack a dozen posts and generating minimal debate.

Quality threads (like Snoops draft thread) are ending up on page 2 to make way for these snore fests.

Enoughs enough! It's time to take back our board! This is a call to arms. Support and bump the good threads. Ignore the rest.

Think of it as a momentary lapse in transmission. I think it’s good to see a bit of positivity on the board for once...being on the remaining claim threads :)

Seems to be a touch of 'not getting it' mixed with 'I take Bigfooty too seriously' going on.

If you treat social media such as this joint as anything more than a pisstake then you're definitely taking it too seriously.

Never ever saw the point of player claim threads myself ...

... but we are in those long dark hours between 3am and 5am on the AFL time clock ...

... half our players are trudging around and around and around and around a cow paddock ...

... the other half are in Fiji sitting by the pool with their partners, umbrella drinks in hand, arguing about who they would rather be marooned on a desert island with ...

... Pikotaro ...

... or Meghan Trainer ...

Last edited:
Sweet Baby Jesus they were horrible videos :thumbsdown:

Would rather be marooned with Wilson

Modern pop culture lacks that Je nais se quoi that it had back in our day ...

For the kiddies playing at home I present to you Joe Dolce ...

... versus Billy Ray Cyrus ...

... desert island, pick one!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back