Event The Season 28 All-SFA Team

Remove this Banner Ad

The run-and carry of the team, the half-back line had a number of contenders, but with the surplus of midfielders in the field of nominees, it was decided to push a couple of midfielders who deserved to make the team but had below-average stats for their position out to the flanks.

The Filth Wizard
– A record-extending 11th All-SFA honour for league giant The Filth Wizard – it is a record that will take many years to overtake. Playing as ruck-rover for the Royals, Filthy amassed 265 disposals, with 17 goals with a DT average of over 70, and was one of the most consistent Royals posters, with a huge impact across the board.

Mobbs – The sole defender on the half-back line, our creator Mobbs takes home his third consecutive Guernsey, and 5th overall, after debuting in the S11 team. The old man played CHB all season, barring a couple of games collecting splinters, and still collected 188 possessions, as well as sharing his “wit and experience” with anyone who could not escape fast enough.

TheInjuryFactory – The vice-captain of this season’s team, Warriors captain TheInjuryFactory became a major player in Sweet this season. His stats of 260 disposals with a DT average of 68 were uninspiring; his leadership, initiative and presence around the league were inspirational, and he has all the hallmarks of a future administrator of the league. This is TIF’s second All-SFA jumper, and will either go straight to the pool room or be auctioned on eBay.
What happens to this team when we run out of Captains to put in? How do they get the rest of the players?

The run-and carry of the team, the half-back line had a number of contenders, but with the surplus of midfielders in the field of nominees, it was decided to push a couple of midfielders who deserved to make the team but had below-average stats for their position out to the flanks.

The Filth Wizard
– A record-extending 11th All-SFA honour for league giant The Filth Wizard – it is a record that will take many years to overtake. Playing as ruck-rover for the Royals, Filthy amassed 265 disposals, with 17 goals with a DT average of over 70, and was one of the most consistent Royals posters, with a huge impact across the board.

Mobbs – The sole defender on the half-back line, our creator Mobbs takes home his third consecutive Guernsey, and 5th overall, after debuting in the S11 team. The old man played CHB all season, barring a couple of games collecting splinters, and still collected 188 possessions, as well as sharing his “wit and experience” with anyone who could not escape fast enough.

TheInjuryFactory – The vice-captain of this season’s team, Warriors captain TheInjuryFactory became a major player in Sweet this season. His stats of 260 disposals with a DT average of 68 were uninspiring; his leadership, initiative and presence around the league were inspirational, and he has all the hallmarks of a future administrator of the league. This is TIF’s second All-SFA jumper, and will either go straight to the pool room or be auctioned on eBay.
So what did you do with the half back flankers than had elite stats? Or is the 50% sim performance just a throwaway line to pre-emptively curb complaints about a team with twelve midfielders?

Cant fault that the selections deserve a spot, all are great representatives that make the competition a much better place but I’m just wondering if we can call a spade a spade?

1575860799168.png
The engine room, where all the stats hogs lurk. The players named in these positions are the best possession gatherers in the league, and it is no surprise that their posting is usually of the highest quality as well.

GotTheGoodes
– The Swamprat wingman, who absolutely NEVER counts his posts, amazingly notched exactly 27 post every week, but it was his amazing ball-gathering ability that made him an unanimous choice on the wing. 334 disposals, and a DT average above 80 is a career-high, and he truly deserves his first All-SFA medallion.

Elton Johns Wig – EJW was the leading possession-gatherer in the league for S28, with 372 possessions, and would have gained more if not for his propensity to give away free kicks, another category in which he was without peer. Elton was also a key figure in the Wonders’ posting unit, averaging 45 posts with remarkable consistency, and is named in the pivotal centre position by the majority of Committee, for his third gig in the team. The fact that his first two were back in his first seasons in the league, S23 & S24, is testament to Elton Johns Wig’s longevity.

Callums_Guns – Another All-SFA debutant, Demon rising star Callums_Guns forced his way into the All-SFA team on the back of 329 disposals and a massive 85 post average. Cal held down the centre position in a strong Demons team, and must be considered the heir-apparent to the current leader.

The engine room, where all the stats hogs lurk. The players named in these positions are the best possession gatherers in the league, and it is no surprise that their posting is usually of the highest quality as well.

GotTheGoodes
– The Swamprat wingman, who absolutely NEVER counts his posts, amazingly notched exactly 27 post every week, but it was his amazing ball-gathering ability that made him an unanimous choice on the wing. 334 disposals, and a DT average above 80 is a career-high, and he truly deserves his first All-SFA medallion.

Elton Johns Wig – EJW was the leading possession-gatherer in the league for S28, with 372 possessions, and would have gained more if not for his propensity to give away free kicks, another category in which he was without peer. Elton was also a key figure in the Wonders’ posting unit, averaging 45 posts with remarkable consistency, and is named in the pivotal centre position by the majority of Committee, for his third gig in the team. The fact that his first two were back in his first seasons in the league, S23 & S24, is testament to Elton Johns Wig’s longevity.

Callums_Guns – Another All-SFA debutant, Demon rising star Callums_Guns forced his way into the All-SFA team on the back of 329 disposals and a massive 85 post average. Cal held down the centre position in a strong Demons team, and must be considered the heir-apparent to the current leader.
Lacks back pockets

GotTheGoodes

Yay. *happy dance*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1575861293851.png

In Season 13, the Sweet FA announced 6 inductees into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame. The subsequent addition of 20 inductees has increased the Sweet FA Hall of Fame to 25. Among this number are 4 Sweet FA Hall of Fame Immortals (there is a restriction that no more than 20 per cent of inductees may be Immortals). Individuals are selected for Immortal status if they have caused the game to change significantly for the better.

The Sweet FA Hall of Fame seeks to recognise and enshrine players who have made significant contributions to the Sweet FA – in a variety of roles – since the game’s inception in 2001. The committee considers candidates on the basis of record, engagement, integrity, character, service to the league. The number of games played or years of service is a consideration only and does not determine eligibility.

There is a restriction in place to ensure that there is never more Hall of Fame members than there are seasons completed.

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
======================
Season 13 - Ljp86, boncer34, Mobbenfuhrer, Fred, Deestroy, eagleskickass
Season 14 - rfctigerarmy, dougthelegend
Season 15 - Wally, Pie 4 Life
Season 16 - Broken, Tarkyn_24
Season 17 - Itsmyshow, ClarkeM
Season 18 - Frankston Rover, croweater 41
Season 19 - okeydoke7
Season 22 - beez, Eth
Season 25 - Biggie, larrikin, ant555, The Filth Wizard
Season 26 - Dingster, Hate
Season 27 - loopy_cam
Bold - denotes Immortal Status

You could be the greatest
You can be the best
You can be the King Kong banging on your chest

You could beat the world
You could beat the war
You could talk to God, go banging on his door

You can throw your hands up
You can beat the clock
You can move a mountain
You can break rocks
You can be a master
Don't wait for luck
Dedicate yourself and you can find yourself

Standing in the hall of fame
And the world's gonna know your name
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

In Season 28, there was a Hall Of Fame Committee, with one representative from each club, convened to discuss whether to induct anyone, and if so, who the candidates would be. Eventually, only one candidate was agreed upon, and put to the Committee for a club vote, where a minimum vote of 75% was required to accept the nominee into the select cabal.

The consensus was that pantskyle should be nominated, and that he be the only player to be nominated. The process was a little flawed; possibly a list of nominees should have been put to the existing HoF-ers to discuss, and a final list then presented to Committee for the final vote, but it is what it is, and the nomination of pants was put to the SFA Committee vote.

The results were a closely-guarded secret, but I can reveal that the Committee secret ballot voted pantskyle be inducted into the HoF in S28, by a vote of 8-2. Please welcome existing Hall of Famer (and close relative) The Filth Wizard to say a few words and walk pants up the aisle:

"Hall Of Fame Inductee - pantskyle

I guess in a way I'm the logical person to congratulate my brother pants for his induction to the HOF. A premiership captain. More all-SFA caps than any player in history. Two beez medals. Former admin, current HOF'er - these are just some of the things pantskyle is responsible for bringing into the league when he texted me one night saying "hey, wanna have a look at this Sweet FA thing, I'm kind of a big thing there". Here we are, nearly seven real life years later and I get the absolute privilege of not only making him a legitimised big thing but also give him the last thing he wanted before he could retire forever, a hall of fame entry (even though he'll say he never wanted this despite arguing for himself across three seasons in HOF discussion and saying endlessly I cost him it because I argued myself into an All-SFA one season over him).

It's my opinion, and I'm sure it's shared by many, that this is a long time coming. Pants has had a pretty decorated career - EKA, Mobbs, many all-SFA's, got into the top twenty in the beez once. These are all nice ticks. Where pants has excelled elsewhere is in his contributions to the fabric and culture of the Sweet FA to where it is today. He is responsible for the induction of the Las Vegas Bears into the league, not wholly but he was the figurehead and he worked very hard to get that team off the ground, something I think they tend to perhaps misplace. He's been a prominent committee member and club representative across the league for the Roys, Royals, Bears, Demons, Dragons, Rats, Bombers, Hawks, Gumbies, Furies, and now the Warriors. He was a prominent contributor to the evolution of the league from a sports sim to a fully fledged society where posters and media magnates were king. Like every hall of famer before him we can look at the league as it stands today and see where their efforts have benefited the Sweet FA.

It is my great pleasure to welcome pantskyle to the Sweet FA Hall Of Fame. Congratulations friend.

I do this every night with your son."

Congratulations to the newest member of the Hall Of Fame. Here are his career numbers:

1575861739336.png
With thanks to TheInjuryFactory for the graphics, and The Filth Wizard for the tribute

Last edited:
View attachment 791178

In Season 13, the Sweet FA announced 6 inductees into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame. The subsequent addition of 20 inductees has increased the Sweet FA Hall of Fame to 25. Among this number are 4 Sweet FA Hall of Fame Immortals (there is a restriction that no more than 20 per cent of inductees may be Immortals). Individuals are selected for Immortal status if they have caused the game to change significantly for the better.

The Sweet FA Hall of Fame seeks to recognise and enshrine players who have made significant contributions to the Sweet FA – in a variety of roles – since the game’s inception in 2001. The committee considers candidates on the basis of record, engagement, integrity, character, service to the league. The number of games played or years of service is a consideration only and does not determine eligibility.

There is a restriction in place to ensure that there is never more Hall of Fame members than there are seasons completed.

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
======================
Season 13 - Ljp86, boncer34, Mobbenfuhrer, Fred, Deestroy, eagleskickass
Season 14 - rfctigerarmy, dougthelegend
Season 15 - Wally, Pie 4 Life
Season 16 - Broken, Tarkyn_24
Season 17 - Itsmyshow, ClarkeM
Season 18 - Frankston Rover, croweater 41
Season 19 - okeydoke7
Season 22 - beez, Eth
Season 25 - Biggie, larrikin, ant555, The Filth Wizard
Season 26 - Dingster, Hate

Season 27 - Shermy
Bold - denotes Immortal Status

You could be the greatest
You can be the best
You can be the King Kong banging on your chest

You could beat the world
You could beat the war
You could talk to God, go banging on his door

You can throw your hands up
You can beat the clock
You can move a mountain
You can break rocks
You can be a master
Don't wait for luck
Dedicate yourself and you can find yourself

Standing in the hall of fame
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

In Season 28, there was a Hall Of Fame Committee, with one representative from each club, convened to discuss whether to induct anyone, and if so, who the candidates would be. Eventually, only one candidate was agreed upon, and put to the Committee for a club vote, where a minimum vote of 75% was required to accept the nominee into the select cabal.

The consensus was that pantskyle should be nominated, and that he be the only player to be nominated. The process was a little flawed; possibly a list of nominees should have been put to the existing HoF-ers to discuss, and a final list then presented to Committee for the final vote, but it is what it is, and the nomination of pants was put to the SFA Committee vote.

The results were a closely-guarded secret, but I can reveal that the Committee secret ballot voted pantskyle be inducted into the HoF in S28, by a vote of 8-2. Please welcome existing Hall of Famer (and close relative) The Filth Wizard to say a few words and walk pants up the aisle:

"Hall Of Fame Inductee - pantskyle

I guess in a way I'm the logical person to congratulate my brother pants for his induction to the HOF. A premiership captain. More all-SFA caps than any player in history. Two beez medals. Former admin, current HOF'er - these are just some of the things pantskyle is responsible for bringing into the league when he texted me one night saying "hey, wanna have a look at this Sweet FA thing, I'm kind of a big thing there". Here we are, nearly seven real life years later and I get the absolute privilege of not only making him a legitimised big thing but also give him the last thing he wanted before he could retire forever, a hall of fame entry (even though he'll say he never wanted this despite arguing for himself across three seasons in HOF discussion and saying endlessly I cost him it because I argued myself into an All-SFA one season over him).

It's my opinion, and I'm sure it's shared by many, that this is a long time coming. Pants has had a pretty decorated career - EKA, Mobbs, many all-SFA's, got into the top twenty in the beez once. These are all nice ticks. Where pants has excelled elsewhere is in his contributions to the fabric and culture of the Sweet FA to where it is today. He is responsible for the induction of the Las Vegas Bears into the league, not wholly but he was the figurehead and he worked very hard to get that team off the ground, something I think they tend to perhaps misplace. He's been a prominent committee member and club representative across the league for the Roys, Royals, Bears, Demons, Dragons, Rats, Bombers, Hawks, Gumbies, Furies, and now the Warriors. He was a prominent contributor to the evolution of the league from a sports sim to a fully fledged society where posters and media magnates were king. Like every hall of famer before him we can look at the league as it stands today and see where their efforts have benefited the Sweet FA.

It is my great pleasure to welcome pantskyle to the Sweet FA Hall Of Fame. Congratulations friend.

I do this every night with your son."

Congratulations to the newest member of the Hall Of Fame. Here are his career numbers:

View attachment 791180
With thanks to TheInjuryFactory for the graphics, and The Filth Wizard for the tribute

Huge effort - congrats !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back