Some dudes named BLERN and mattynumbers who are no longer around
GotTheGoodes

who else was there?
From my Rising Star thread.

R1 - U2tigers
R2 - BLERN
R3 - Runk & por_please_ya
R4 - hotkorma
R5 - YearOfTheRoos (Harvey Manfrenjensenden)
R6 - Jade
R7 - Cactus_ and Mike_
R8 - GotTheGoodes
R9 - Matty411
R10 - sausageroll
R11 - TedDougChris
R12 - SarahSmiles
RXXX - Tigerturbulance & rickety

R1 - U2tigers
R2 - BLERN
R4 - hotkorma
R6 - Jade
R7 - Cactus_ and Mike_
R8 - GotTheGoodes
R9 - Matty411
R10 - sausageroll
R11 - TedDougChris
R12 - SarahSmiles
lol at sausageroll

R1 - U2tigers
R2 - BLERN
R4 - hotkorma
R6 - Jade
R7 - Cactus_ and Mike_
R8 - GotTheGoodes
R9 - Matty411
R10 - sausageroll
R11 - TedDougChris
R12 - SarahSmiles
Some very good players in there. Hang on, how did sausageroll get in there ?

Some very good players in there. Hang on, how did sausageroll get in there ?
His bribe campaigning paid off. sausageroll

454150_12e1023fd38353d9753750b047b2f1ad.png

R10 winner - sausageroll
Ding: Congrats sausageroll on finally getting a well deserved Rising Star nom.

SR: What's the Rising Star? Never heard of it. Has BLERN got one? If so, I'm honoured.

Ding: It's the ultimate award in the SFA. There are other minnow awards such as Mobbs and EKA but Rising Star is where it's at. BLERN has a nomination and has been making weekly payments to my Cayman Islands account. He's a definite chance.

SR: Yeah, never heard of the Mobbs or EKA either. Rising Star definitely sounds a lot more prestigious. It has the word "Star" in it.
I checked with the managers I have employed at my Cayman Islands banks and can confirm that you do indeed have an account in one and that BLERN is making substantial deposits. Apparently U2Tigers has paid more though.
So, do I get a medal for this? And if so, will I have to give it back when my supplements program is exposed?

Ding: This is the SFA. Supplements are given out as welcome packs to our rookies. Didn't cats2rise give you your rookie welcome pack?

SR: Maybe. I remember Van_Dyke pointed me in the direction of the Snow Bunnies when I arrived and I generally stay with them until match day.

Ding: The Snow Bunnies? There must be a story worth telling.

SR: Sorry. Sworn to secrecy. And so are they. You'll have to join the Demons. You know you want to.

Ding: I got Demon Jim drunk when we played you last time. Lets just say the rookie welcome package has nothing on the snow you guys do. It might have something to do with how laid back Yakker is. What can you tell the masses on Yakker's influence on you as a gun rookie?

SR: Yakker's been an inspiration. He's taught me everything I know about gambling. Apparently he won some dodgy award called the EKA and is a favourite for some other dodgy award called the mobbs. But as you said, they're minnow awards, so I reckon he's pretty jealous right about now.
Yakker is also captain of the greatest SuperQoach team in the SFA. Along with BLERN, por_please_ya, xenxen and myself I have the majority of the elite rookies from the past two seasons together in the one ultimate rookie team. At this stage ShaunDuggan is the odd man out from the team. Can you nominate him next week?

Ding: There are two ShaunDuggans. I hope you got the good one. The other needs to be shot. The prick kicks goals instead of kicking it to his FF.

SR: I'd do the same thing if I could kick goals. But that's because the Demons full forward is Rodney Dangerfield. Everyone knows how bad he is.

Ding: Rodney is a ripper bloke. As a star rookie how can you help get him to contribute? Perhaps deliver the beers during the game?

SR: Tried that. The beers just slipped straight through his hands and smashed on the ground. Infusion is the only option.

Ding: Getting back to your superqoach team, it was a brave move letting SD loose with the three girls xen, PPY and BLERN. What were you thinking and why has it worked?

SR: xenxen's a girl?!? :eek:

Ding: Most definitely but it's ok. SD has a thing for BLERN. How would best describe BLERN?

SR: BLERN is one of my favourite team mates. I hope he stays a Demon.
With regards to the description, I don't really think all that much of him. He looks like he's been drawn by Yakker Green is my favourite colour though, so I like his shirt and whatever that green thing is in his hair.

Ding: What's the story behind you're avatar and are you better than Cloud_?

SR: It's Mami Sasazaki. She's lead guitar in one of my favourite Japanese bands (Scandal). I'll be seeing them live in Japan next month. Can't wait.
@Cloud_ is SFA admin so everyone in the comp is currently better than him. Until he quits as admin he's useless by default. He's doing a good job though. And I like his avatars a lot.

Ding: Noted. Sausageroll is into scandal. Perhaps you could be Cloud_'s PA. What scandal would he ask you to cover up?

SR: If I told you what he wants me to cover up I wouldn't be covering it up, right? So my official answer to that question is that I'm not covering anything up at all. And you can quote me on that official answer.

Ding: Fine. We won't talk about the Doctor Gero and @ArgusTuft sex scandal then. At least you did a better attempt at covering up than them. I know that I'll never look at certain vegetables the same again.

Back to qooty, your game on the weekend finally showcased your talents. 16 hit outs, 17 kicks 17 handballs, 13 tackles and 10 goals. One might say there was a bit of BRAB in that performance. Would you say a rookie you're a late bloomer?

SR: 16 hit outs, 17 kicks 17 handballs, 13 tackles and 10 goals? Wow! All those stats and only 43 DT points. Must have been 30 frees against for that to happen. Clearly the umpires hate me.
...or did BRAB get those stats? Demons sign BRAB.

I guess I'm a late bloomer. As a rookie I've waited a long time to bloom. Actually, I'm still waiting...

Ding: Slow and steady wins the race. Some of the rookies resemble the poor Scot in the marathon that went out too hard and now have the wobbles. As a veteran rookie are ready to school these rookies in staying power? What have you got to say to them?

SR: What would I know? I'm just a rookie

Ding: C'mon now. Don't make me bend you over like a red haired step daughter. Tell us what you really think.

SR: How many red haired step daughters do you have? ...and can I have one of them?

Ding: Yes but not Isla. Now we best get cracking with your training. We'll start of with doing some lines.

You're so dedicated. I can't believe it took you this long to get here. Once again grats.

Attachments

• 1576404459885.png
    1576404459885.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 52
Congratulations philreich . Apparently you won something.

Is it an award for your jokes in match threads? If so, I reckon you got a bit lucky here. They're all reasonably funny, but I've heard nearly every single joke before.

Anyway, congrats again, whether you deserved it or not :)

This old fart is lost again.

Nurse? NURSE! We’ve got a live one here and it’s forgot to take its meds, last seen dragging his knuckles east, up the highway.

Fekk... thought you giving me a jab (of the non nursing variety). But yeah Bono is old before his time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking more of your Rising Star eligibility given in the middle of S25 you had probably played around 320 games :think:
I'm still very much a rookie in these parts. Still learning the art of qooty. I'm not sure if my quality will ever really get past rookie status.

320 games is seriously not an advantage in rookie awards. In fact, it's a massive disadvantage. You should be congratulating me instead of questioning the validity of my nomination. It's a pretty notable achievement and one that very few are able to achieve at this point in their career ;)

You lot have just no balls. As if I don’t already think that you are soft. Gutless.

Look Mr Kern, we know you have a virtual stigmata of blackberry thorns and a heap of mozzie bites (the fekkers are attracted to both blackberry juice and blood). Still your attitude is odd. Yes, we know you were cruelly denied an EKA and have experienced a difficult season keeping that monster GotTheGoodes under some semblance of control.

But you should not let life's challenges like blackberry stigmata, mozzie bites, historic EKA disappointments and GtG get you down.

When do these Rookies stop being Rookies.

I can't wait until we don't have to hear them go on about each other, their lovefest s**t is sickening.
You’re like the first to start this s**t

Look Mr Kern, we know you have a virtual stigmata of blackberry thorns and a heap of mozzie bites (the fekkers are attracted to both blackberry juice and blood). Still your attitude is odd. Yes, we know you were cruelly denied an EKA and have experienced a difficult season keeping that monster GotTheGoodes under some semblance of control.

But you should not let life's challenges like blackberry stigmata, mozzie bites, historic EKA disappointments and GtG get you down.
One of my boys gets a medal.

I could and have written s**t loads. Here’s the essay:

Up yours.

One of my boys gets a medal.

I could and have written s**t loads. Here’s the essay:

Up yours.

Why so tetchy young fella? What is this medal of which you speak?

Congratulations philreich . Apparently you won something.

Is it an award for your jokes in match threads? If so, I reckon you got a bit lucky here. They're all reasonably funny, but I've heard nearly every single joke before.

Anyway, congrats again, whether you deserved it or not :)
However I got it, I ain't handing it back :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back