Event The Season 29 All-SFA Team

Remove this Banner Ad

It makes logical sense - to the point where if we were creating a league from scratch , surely this is the approach it would take

The current situation is more nonsensical and subjective
Just doesn’t seem that way because it’s the status quo for the veterans here

Such an approach would’ve resulted in less melting (though this season was still better than last season) too

So tell me what do you do with the posters who are the best rated match thread posters but also the best QOOTY players as well? You make both teams do you?

So tell me what do you do with the posters who are the best rated match thread posters but also the best QOOTY players as well? You make both teams do you?
Of course
Two separate awards

Let's just make the All-SFA 100% Qooty so I can be free of any obligation to engage with all you stupid people.
Given there are already enough popularity awards (there’s a TFLUA Tiger medal now, what the *)... I’m all for this.

100% Qooty. Done.

People seem to forget that someone will complain regardless, you could have the most perfectly named team and someone would take issue. After a few days no one gives a s**t anyway.

Of course
Two separate awards

So you play yourself in the exhibition match? I'd argue you'd have a dozen posters in each side, kinda makes it pointless.

So you play yourself in the exhibition match? I'd argue you'd have a dozen posters in each side, kinda makes it pointless.
There isn’t an exhibition match currently (no best v the rest or anything like that ) so why would there be one in that scenario?

The sim absolutely never omits that summary.
Yes it does
This game’s just one example

Let's just make the All-SFA 100% Qooty so I can be free of any obligation to engage with all you stupid people.

shud up Bless, as if you will ever stop engaging with stupid people - look at how often you tag me!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There isn’t an exhibition match currently (no best v the rest or anything like that ) so why would there be one in that scenario?

This discussion is based off of ClarkeM's comment which included the match idea.

Yes it does

shud up Bless, as if you will ever stop engaging with stupid people - look at how often you tag me!!
Not very often, and most of the time only because you're in the committee.
If I had no reason to be active I'd only interact with true intellectuals like NaturalDisaster.

The only thing diluting every single All-SFA before it is the ongoing criticism and changes at how it is picked every season.
Doubles the work? I’d argue not.

A small group of people select the team for one and a small group of people select the team for the other. It’s actually less work because you are picking a team with a very clear and defined purpose. There would have been more time wasted debating the issue of activity vs on-field than there would be with an approach this way.
Ok to clarify
-I liked this 2 separate teams idea and this was the post I was referring to

The original post touted them playing against each other . I’m not a fan of that aspect because of the double up issues .

Yes it does
Oh, it omits individual match ups you mean.
Mobbs why

Not very often, and most of the time only because you're in the committee.
If I had no reason to be active I'd only interact with true intellectuals like NaturalDisaster.

okay Bless, that last line is a sign you need to leave the pub pretty much now.

Ok to clarify
-I liked this 2 separate teams idea and this was the post I was referring to

The original post touted them playing against each other . I’m not a fan of that aspect because of the double up issues .

So let's just keep the one All SFA team, expect and take on the complaining for the following few days, discuss how to fix something that's not really broken and very much depends on who makes the final call and eventually do nothing different and we'll see each other all here this time next season for the old rinse and repeat.

okay Bless, that last line is a sign you need to leave the pub pretty much now.
I never drink alcohol which is why everything I say is rational.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back