Review The season that was

Remove this Banner Ad

i think we are being overly harsh on Hill ... lets be honest Brad Hill is the cherry on the top he isnt the driving force to get us contending ... what he did do constantly was hit up one of our players in a spot to be dangerous to the opposition ... thats a huge quality we have had missing for some time where Sav would get us the metres gained when hemmed in his only option was to bang it long and hope we won it (often with it returning back with speed the other way) with Hill he consistantly hit that target and helped release some of that pressure ...
the issue i have with Hill is he doesnt get it enough and thats something im sure Ratts will work with out inside mids to rectify ..
i know i was livid with the way Hill went about the Freo game i felt he didnt have his head in that game ad saw it more a social catchup with old mates .. but looking closer i think that is just his personality .. he isnt going to the the Rooey/BJ super intense game face on ultra competitor he plays relaxed he thrives on being calm and not dweling on the mistakes i think thats just a trait we as fans need to get used too ...

did Hill live up to expectation ? prob not but the expectation was prob a bit too high to start off with.. but its not something im too concerned with i think another year wiith this team another year of working through the team clicks and finding their feet in the team i think Hill will produce more good games than poor games for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back