Prediction The second coming of Keeffe

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not the messiah, and has been a naughty boy, but all that is in the past now. The second coming of Keeffe is upon us and it promises to be a divine experience. Able to relieve in the ruck, provide a forward option and shore up the defence when needed. This jack of all trades player could be the missing ingredient required for the team to launch into a miraculous return to finals footy.

Believe.

The tales foretold that the great number 23 would rise again...

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Keeffe

Keeffe pictured here touching the hand of God. He has a massive leap.
images

He's not the messiah, and has been a naughty boy, but all that is in the past now. The second coming of Keeffe is upon us and it promises to be a divine experience. Able to relieve in the ruck, provide a forward option and shore up the defence when needed. This jack of all trades player could be the missing ingredient required for the team to launch into a miraculous return to finals footy.

Believe.
Still yet to prove he can do the first two competently, particularly as a forward option. Not convinced he'll be in the 22 at the end of the year, let alone the start if they persist with him as a forward/ruck rather than as a defender.

Still yet to prove he can do the first two competently, particularly as a forward option. Not convinced he'll be in the 22 at the end of the year, let alone the start if they persist with him as a forward/ruck rather than as a defender.

Your lack of faith is disturbing.

I'm predicting he will play every game.

I don't have very High Hopes. Never really stood out where ever he played. Then missing 2 Years of Footy means he needs take time to get back into playing Aussie Rules

I don't have very High Hopes. Never really stood out where ever he played. Then missing 2 Years of Footy means he needs take time to get back into playing Aussie Rules

I can't see why he needs more time, it's not like he hasn't played before.

Keeffe pictured here touching the hand of God. He has a massive leap.
images
And might be related to Humphrey B Bear, no pants

On the third day he rose

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

I've said a few times that I think it is a battle between Keeffe and Cox for the last forward/ruck spot.

Based purely on that role, I have Cox in front because I think he is a better mark and forward presence, and also at his height he offers superior ruck traits.

However, Keeffe adds something really unique that could change the blend of our side.

At the moment, I reckon we have to go in with Dunne, Reid, Goldsack/Schade and Howe in defence. I don't really trust Howe to defend...I like him as the interceptor. Maybe if Langdon returns or Scharenberg breaks out we can use them as the 3rd tall defender, however for now I think we need at least those 4 key backs.

Selecting Keeffe could give us the option to drop Goldsack/Schade, and play another runer like Phillips.

If we are under siege down back, Keeffe can go there and plug the hole, whilst Moore and White play key talls with Mayne the 3rd.

Otherwise, we could swing Reid or Howe forward as a surprise move, and Keeffe can plug a hole down back.

Or Keeffe can play forward.

There's more options with Keeffe...but he needs to prove he can ruck first. That will ultimately be his ticket into the side. So far he has shown good signs in both training and the first JLT...however I would still have Cox ahead.

I think Bucks definitely wants the 3rd tall forward/ruck.

I've said a few times that I think it is a battle between Keeffe and Cox for the last forward/ruck spot.

Based purely on that role, I have Cox in front because I think he is a better mark and forward presence, and also at his height he offers superior ruck traits.

However, Keeffe adds something really unique that could change the blend of our side.

At the moment, I reckon we have to go in with Dunne, Reid, Goldsack/Schade and Howe in defence. I don't really trust Howe to defend...I like him as the interceptor. Maybe if Langdon returns or Scharenberg breaks out we can use them as the 3rd tall defender, however for now I think we need at least those 4 key backs.

Selecting Keeffe could give us the option to drop Goldsack/Schade, and play another runer like Phillips.

If we are under siege down back, Keeffe can go there and plug the hole, whilst Moore and White play key talls with Mayne the 3rd.

Otherwise, we could swing Reid or Howe forward as a surprise move, and Keeffe can plug a hole down back.

There's more options with Keeffe...but he needs to prove he can ruck first. That will ultimately be his ticket into the side. So far he has shown good signs in both training and the first JLT...however I would still have Cox ahead.

Great summary. Personally I have Keeffe a long way ahead of Cox.

With both being in say the medium level talent range and neither as high grade A level talent (or better thus far) in effect we are filling spots in the team. Hence can be either or.

What would be nice is if one or both of them rose to the higher levels.
That's their challenge which would cement their career.

I'd see Cox as the more likely to reach the heights as he is still untapped.

Actually I see Keeffe as our end of season full back and Cox forward and ruck relief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think definitely in terms of a ruck/forward Cox is superior in both roles and has greater upside.

But I really like what Keeffe can offer, and that's why I am leaning towards keeffe ahead of Cox. Also, it means we can upgrade Schade instead of Cox for the last rookie spot....assuming we don't also put Sinclair onto the LTI

I can't work up a spiritual fervour about Keeffe without a dose of peyote, or one of those wondrous drugs which can apparently be found in some meat dishes.

Still, I'm bullish about him at the moment, and he seems keen.

Keefe could always just replace White too.

I agree. Behind Cox for a forward/ruck role.

Believe.
I never rated him, ever. He's tall and the awkward frame and size and I just don't see why he's so spoken about. A good side wouldn't want him and I certainly don't think he's any good.

Cox is way ahead of Keeffe in just about every way

Keefe could always just replace White too.

Doesn't offer anywhere near as much as White as either a purely forward option or as a forward/ruck so hard to see Keeffe usurping White unless he has an absolutely shocking run of form or conversely, Keeffe absolutely stars in the remaining JLT games.

Would much rather have Keefe and Dunn be stay at home defenders with White doing relief ruck duties and Reid swinging between forward and back than Keefe getting relief ruck minutes.

White has Keefe covered for mobility and below the knees groundwork which is crucial for the modern day ruckman, where as Keefe I remember as a great judge of the ball in flight with good one on one strength and closing pace. Or simply put, Keefe is a better defender than White is a pure forward.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back