Analysis The Secret to Richmond's Success...

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Lol I feel like every other day there's an article that declares the one thing we did/do that caused us to go from zero to hero.
-Mindfulness
-Fun
-Voicing vulnerability
-Connection
-Chaos
-Love
-Leadership
-Stability

What if.....

Maybe, just maybe....

There's no secret? And it's all of those things mixed with hard work, diligence, skill, talent, determination and cleverness??

I love hearing about Richmond and having the reigning premiers hype but I'm kinda getting over the magic bullet story now lol
Maybe we steadily transformed ourselves into an elite organisation over 10 years and are actually excellent in every area. Ever thought about that? Lol

DeLaCon

All Australian
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Lol I feel like every other day there's an article that declares the one thing we did/do that caused us to go from zero to hero.
-Mindfulness
-Fun
-Voicing vulnerability
-Connection
-Chaos
-Love
-Leadership
-Stability

What if.....

Maybe, just maybe....

There's no secret? And it's all of those things mixed with hard work, diligence, skill, talent, determination and cleverness??

I love hearing about Richmond and having the reigning premiers hype but I'm kinda getting over the magic bullet story now lol
Maybe we steadily transformed ourselves into an elite organisation over 10 years and are actually excellent in every area. Ever thought about that? Lol
This level of logic usually doesnt apply very often on Big Footy. Maybe we are just better than everyone else at the moment. In the end all the oppo
supporters will understand that during this time we were just better than everybody else. That's all it is.

Keilor Tiger

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure if it’s the correct thread, but the answer imo lies in two interviews I heard recently. First was Konrad Marshall who wrote the book in 2017 and has a follow up one this year. There is a 20 minute interview he did on RSN 927 last week - I think it’s on their website.
other is the Joel Bowden interview which is on the club website.
just the way these blokes talk about the inner workings of the club and valuing others beyond the inner sanctum such as past players and supporters is refreshing.
Both are worth listening to if you get a chance and makes you proud to be part of a club that was a joke 10 years ago and now the biggest & best in Australia.

Emma Murray!!
Just read an article about her influence and involvement at the club and can say without doubt our success since she started in 2017 is no coincidence.
Players absolutely swear by her positive impact.

More valuable than any of our assistant coaches!

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Emma Murray!!
Just read an article about her influence and involvement at the club and can say without doubt our success since she started in 2017 is no coincidence.
Players absolutely swear by her positive impact.

More valuable than any of our assistant coaches!

You watch other clubs try and poach her now . I still don’t understand why we have given away so
Much info on how and what we did as a club to improve .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotchin and Hardwick transformation from 2016 to 2017. And they received all the support they needed. Agree with Cotcho there was no magic bullet, but a force for change always starts somewhere and gathers momentum thereafter.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure if it’s the correct thread, but the answer imo lies in two interviews I heard recently. First was Konrad Marshall who wrote the book in 2017 and has a follow up one this year. There is a 20 minute interview he did on RSN 927 last week - I think it’s on their website.
other is the Joel Bowden interview which is on the club website.
just the way these blokes talk about the inner workings of the club and valuing others beyond the inner sanctum such as past players and supporters is refreshing.
Both are worth listening to if you get a chance and makes you proud to be part of a club that was a joke 10 years ago and now the biggest & best in Australia.
Links plz... 👍:D👍

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
You watch other clubs try and poach her now . I still don’t understand why we have given away so
Cos it looks like we are the current AFL trend setters and it's going to take a good while to catch up with us...
In the mean time...GFs are beckoning for us...while other oppo sides are playing catch up! 👍:D👍
Our success is a major distraction for the oppo if that is what they are going to focus on to try and beat us... ;)
More IP releases the better...Naffun can read it all while he forgets to plot his own team's home grown assault on the GF...more of of it I say! ;)

Keilor Tiger

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Links plz... 👍:D👍
Dunno if this will work - bit complicated for an old bloke but try

Otherwise go to https://www.rsn.net.au then Breakfast club and scroll to the link.

Simply the best.

We apply and also absorb more pressure than other sides, execute our skills under that pressure and whilst other clubs think we are just a helter skelter team they will continue to play into our hands. Our structure is better and game plan more advanced.

Better than all the rest.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Dunno if this will work - bit complicated for an old bloke but try

Otherwise go to https://www.rsn.net.au then Breakfast club and scroll to the link.
Well done 'old bloke' ..thanks KT that link worked a treat! thank you! 👍:D👍 jeez I like reading anything this KM writes and publishes...;)

Keilor Tiger

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Well done 'old bloke' ..thanks KT that link worked a treat! thank you! 👍:D👍 jeez I like reading anything this KM writes and publishes...;)
No probs. I think its us old blokes that really appreciate the club now after being down for so long. the jealousy watching everyone else on GF day and not thinking it would ever be our turn is now a relic of the past. Bring on back to back .

They can try and poach her, hell they may even succeed, however something like mindfulness requires a 100% buy in. If you don’t buy in it’s probably not going to succeed.

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
They can try and poach her, hell they may even succeed, however something like mindfulness requires a 100% buy in. If you don’t buy in it’s probably not going to succeed.

Yep true , but just my opinion is that we shouldn’t give any other clubs an insight to what we do , as even though it may not work with other clubs there is always the chance it could .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back