Unofficial Preview The "Seeds memorial" early preview thread - Geelong V Essendon MCG Sat May 19 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will win this game only if we regard them as serious opposition and attack their strengths and come out hungry. I could easily see a loss if we don't as their talent is there, just the confidence and belief has evaporated.
They won't be easy beats all year, and we are still a very unsettled team. Even this week I read about people wanting 3 or 4 changes again.
The way we become settled is to bring in our players that have been injured......

Murdoch was crap. Not up for debate.
Scooter for George is simples.

Hawk for Parsons. Simples.
Murdoch for Fogarty. Simples.
Apparently he wasn't.

Would love to know what we did to the footy gods to seemingly cop a team that has been under the media pump the week prior to playing us consistently.
on the other hand, every week we play a team with massive outs it seems.

Fair enough, but Lloyd is an Essendon Geelong hater, as his mate Timmy is.
I also said we're better off with the two we have
The same Lloyd that said we're the only team that can beat Richmond?

Lloyd is one of the better analysts imo.

Outs: Sav (managed), Bews (managed), Gregson (omit), GHS (omit)
Ins:Hawkins, Scooter, Fogarty, Zuthrie

Just thinking that with Bews listed as having a corked thigh from todays match and after the big hit he took last week, that a weeks rest might be on the cards
cats_09 i like what you post on things, one of the better around, but bring back Zuthrie...... please no :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cats_09 i like what you post on things, one of the better around, but bring back Zuthrie...... please no :p
It's for the melts - I think he will be an emergency & most likely to get a call up should Bews be managed, as a means of keeping a similar structure to what has been working for us.

There's not a need for him otherwise

The same Lloyd that said we're the only team that can beat Richmond?

Lloyd is one of the better analysts imo.
The paranoia on this board is hilarious.
Week in week out, it’s “the commentators are out to get us” “the media is out to get us” “the umpires are out to get us”.........blah blah blah blah blah

Check out Munich’s posts this week. It will be the standard “Oppositin supporters are feral, *insert name is out to get us, the umpires are out to get us........it’s friggin hilarious

Your analysis of Lloyd is spot on. He’s always fair with us.......he praises us when we deserve it, and he smacks us when we deserve it

Just like he does with every other team

Last edited:
Parsons logical out & gregson has had a fair run of games but not doing a lot. Still we need pace at the G. So just Parsons out for Fogarty. Hawkins & scooter in. Maybe rat rested and GHS out. Cunico & Murdoch haven’t cemented their places either. McCarthy 3 in the twos doesn’t help their causes either. Interesting MC this week.

It's for the melts - I think he will be an emergency & most likely to get a call up should Bews be managed, as a means of keeping a similar structure to what has been working for us.

There's not a need for him otherwise
Surely Thurlow who is on the bench could take his spot, while Duncan can swap on the back flank to allow Tuhoy to go down... Surely, Surely there are more options lol.
Where Ruggles when we need him..

Crameri has to be given 4 games to show what his got, i think his slowly getting better. unfortunately yesterday game wasn't a forwards game....
More importantly he should be getting a game next week because he’s earnt it
He’s going nowhere

I knew it wasn't going to be popular & not everyone would agree.

I'm confused by what role Gregson is meant to be playing - he is averaging 10.1 disposals, 2.7 marks, 3 tackles (but only 0.7 inside 50) & 0.4 goals per game this year. I'd happily replace Gregson with Fogarty this week who I feel has been having a better season while playing a similar role.

The key reason I'm keeping Parsons in the side this coming match is because I don't think we are going to get Menzel or Parfitt back just yet - either of them are available and I'd have him back in the VFL.

Its a tough call for this week, but going with my gut on who I think has had the bigger impact across the season and while it wasn't a great match from Parsons on the weekend, the same could be said for Gregson and Parsons has had a habit of kicking a goal or two when we need it.
Definitely agree with you on the Fog. Gotta love the Fog!

I think you have this wrong. I find he is always fair with us and has said he see’s us as a premiership threat. He is no maguire, brereton or roos.
I'll listen more intently to him
He comes over like a bit of a soft touch to me
If he is positive about the cats I'll give him a little more time.
Have to say I haven't watched classified this year though

I think Lloyd likes Geelong his brother works there after all. He certainly knows us well from the limited time I have heard him speak on Geelong.
Wow, the third Lloyd lover.
I'll definitely have a look at classified then
Haven't liked the show so tuned out this year
Maybe I'm a bit out of date and Lloydy is an improved and more enlightened individual since his relo has been with us
If this is the case, I'm a happy chappy
We need more people tuned in to catland and give correct analysis
Geelong are a threat this year if we can pull our numbers of players together at the right time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back