The Selwood Decade... we may never see anything like it

Remove this Banner Ad

.......could have tried harder when it mattered to drag his team over the line to beat us
It is clear now that you’re a troll....Go over to the bay if you don’t want to chat properly. This thread has been flooded by Hawks posters who are inherently biased on the issue, the exact same way you say us Cats fans are!

selwood is genuinely trying to break the tackle.

he does it in a manner that can often generate a free kick
Some posters just can’t see clearly on the issue mate, the tactic is used by countless other players, eg Shuey & Puopolo....And if those players receive free kicks it’s fair game if you ask me.

11 pages of Joel living rent free in posters' heads.. even in November. Glorious.

Z2U

Yep agreed he does do that. What gets me is the constant look of indignation on his face when the tackle slips up and he thinks he should get a free. Guess he’s learnt from old rotating clown face Scotty in the box

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Richo never did that when he never got the ball kicked to him? short memories.Carried on like a pork chop.

is there an obvious way for a ruckman to draw a free kick that is a possibility in literally every contest? No.
Perhaps Sellwood could extend his career by going into the ruck next season. A few knees to the head should get him a few frees at the bounce

Great player, also a ducking campaigner. Not sure why Geelong fans find that so offensive or feel it has to be mutually exclusive.

Plenty of superstar players over the journey many would consider dirty or otherwise to have some major "flaw" in their game or characters. It is what it is.

How can you break a tackle when you've thrown your legs out to the side? How can you possibly break a tackle without remaining on your feet? He goes from standing upright to looking like he's taking a slips catch in half a second!
Um thats poppy you are thinking of. Selwood keeps his feet. Pretty much everywhere he gets he is why he is still running after already braking the tackle.

Lol. In both your flag years you were in the top five clubs for most frees in the home and away in both seasons.
Not trying to get into a "no you're wrong" arguement but it seems what you said is correct if you include finals frees into the equation. I think where I was wrong was confusing free kick differential and frees for. Our free kick differentials were in the negatives both years during the home and away. So what I should have said is I'm surprised to see cotch up there given we end up with more against than for on average. Wasn't necessarily complaining either as its clearly not an issue for us.

The stats on the AFL website back it up too from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he used an exploit, do no other players exploit where they can? If your answer is no or not like Selwood, you're just a trolling tosser.

I embrace the Duckwood. It was a small part of his career, 10% according to a stat in this thread, fine by me.

I'd be interested to see where you got those stats from, have a look at this sunshine.....obvious troll post from you but I'm sick of this bullshit....View attachment 774057View attachment 774058

On top of that we were ranked 2nd for frees against in 2017 and 8th for frees against in 2019

So consider yourself 'OWNED' after this blatant bullshit that you've been called out on.

And whilst we're on the subject of Duckwood, let's add Dangerflop. It's patently obvious that the Geesook team milked the frees to the max in 2017. Umpires became aware of their cheating tactics and changed their interpretations, leading to Geesook going from 1ST IN FREES FOR in 2017 to 8th in 2019.

I saw Gryan Miers in the Prelim fall like a sack of bricks and stage for a free kick after Houli barely touched him. It's a sad indictment of your team that the 'Leaders' are showing the way for the younger guys in how to milk free kicks. Geesook are well renowned by all supporter groups as being the 'team' that appeals the most for free kicks. The sooner that the Geesook supporter base sees this then sooner things will change. At the moment it is an embarrassment for all football followers to watch.

I eagerly wait your response.
Gee look, #freekickhawthorn

:huh:

Yep agreed he does do that. What gets me is the constant look of indignation on his face when the tackle slips up and he thinks he should get a free. Guess he’s learnt from old rotating clown face Scotty in the box

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richo must have done your head with the way he carried on when he didn't get a free

So he used an exploit, do no other players exploit where they can? If your answer is no or not like Selwood, you're just a trolling tosser.

I embrace the Duckwood. It was a small part of his career, 10% according to a stat in this thread, fine by me.

His brother?

I'm stunned some can't acknowledge he was a great player and he was also a ducker............and yes you can call it swan neck, drop knees, elbow lifter, whatever. We all know what we are talking about.

He would have been great whether he ducked or not.

It's also not his fault the AFL didn't change the rules earlier, to prevent players drawing head high contact. Especially when they started interpreting the rule with greater focus on protecting the head. The rules are better balanced these days...finally.

The AFL though should get their arses sued, for not protecting Selwood and others from themselves earlier. Oh and the game is better to watch when ducking or leading head first into the oppositions legs is not rewarded.

Selwood will go out remembered for being a champion of the game regardless of the slight blight on his playing style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back