Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really listen to nights anymore, what's on wednesday nights these days?
an hour is a long time. it's that beefy guy that did 360 odd sports things in a year and some other guy that have no idea how to fill an hour of radio time. i swear at one point they played every current SEN ad in a row because they ran out of things to talk about and that was only 10 or so minutes in and it was awkward and painful.

tonight was Berrigan. I know you don't like Fine, but this is great radio

It would be....I'm a country girl and anything to do with it I love. You're right, I don't like Finey, but I do like some of his segments....it's only when he gets smart arsey and nasty that I don't like his show and switch off..

Can be any old town, can't remember tonight's, I switched off when that terrible science of sport programme came on. .
I used to always listen to it, because I'm into fitness, etc, but it's worn thin on me because they tend to say the same things over and over. Craig's ok, but he speaks a bit slowly for my "sharp" brain ( :)), and tends to talk in bumper stickers. I can't imagine that his speaking gigs wouldn't be much more that "rah rah" motivation cliches

And 90% of the callers fall into 2 categories: 1) fat people desperate for weight loss advice, and, 2) people who have lost a stack weight and wanna brag about it.

But worst of farkin all is that Jacqui Louder constantly talking in an upward inflecTION. It does my head in. It baffles me how an educated person can do that.
Imagine if Peter Hitchener started reading the news by ending every sentence with an upward inflection. It would sound ridiculous.

While I'm rambling: the newsreader Anthony "Douche Bank" Laughton still reads the news like a try-hard plonker, emphasising many of THE wrong words OR syllables. Somethings he says barely make sense. I can't believe 3aw hired him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's allowed to give his opinion as Peacock did and said it well , as for that flog in Leech, can't wait for him to vanish again the biased rat

Of course he's allowed to have his opinion, just as Bozza can have his about AFL if he wanted to. No one could give two shits about it though which doesnt make for good radio

You know given that SEN ran a commentary of the International Rules game on Sunday, perhaps they should have run some promos during the week to alert their listernership - and the freaking announcers - that it was even on

The announcers discussed it often and mentioned that there was a commentary of it, at least when I was listening they did.

Why would Mike comment on a game he has no idea about. Stick to AFL dude.

100% this.

I don't subscribe to this lynch mob mentality among football fans (ie. soccer fans) that he's a crazy old man who should disappear - I still really like listening to him talk about footy.

But he's no more qualified to give an opinion about football than I am to give an opinion on baseball (a sport that I find heinously boring... but who cares what I think? I'm less than nobody to baseball fans.)

Very foolish by SEN to create a story on their website out of Sheahan's comments on the Socceroos game; just reinforces the perception it's an AFL PR network with only token interest in non-AFL sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back