Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to be on SEN, even as a semi regular spot. Talking whatever nonsense. But Idk how I'd go with you guys and fb posts potting me.
That's a decision you would have to make before taking on a job like this, you would need to make sure you were mentally ready to cope with public criticism.

They had another one of those odd-sounding sports new updates earlier:
"Former golf pro and SEN presenter Mark Allen has commented about golf in the Olympcs. Allen has told SEN...."

He 'told' SEN? Uncanny! :D I sometimes wonder if it's an in-joke, but I doubt it, because the young guy who does the updates (is that the "fake" BT? :p ) isn't exactly Eric Pearce. For example, he often has his sentences around the wrong way, like:

"Mark Allen said that golf shouldn't be in the Olympics today", instead of, "Mark Allen said today that golf shouldn't be in the Olympics"

Last edited:

"Former golf pro and SEN presenter Mark Allen has commented about golf in the Olympcs. Allen has told SEN...."

He 'told' SEN? Uncanny! :D I sometimes wonder if it's an in-joke, but I doubt it, because the young who does the updates (is that the "fake" BT? :p ) regularly has his sentences around the wrong way. He says stuff like:

"Mark Allen said that golf shouldn't be in the Olympics today", instead of, "Mark Allen said today that golf shouldn't be in the Olympics"
The news updates are becoming legendary for their pronunciation skills.

He 'told' SEN? Uncanny! :D I sometimes wonder if it's an in-joke, but I doubt it, because the young who does the updates (is that the "fake" BT? :p ) isn't exactly Eric Pearce. For example, he often has his sentences around the wrong way, like:

haha lol.

i reckon its deliberate (i hope so!) to get onto hutchys show.

+1. Ox is probably better equipped than most to be the face of how important being responsible with gambling is. If you read his book it was his inability to be responsible that lead to his addiction.

Also see his ads regularly for Dayhab Addiction treatment. He probably took a fee for that too.
He was on 150K from Matherson and did f all

Bridget Duclous will be doing some spots on Morning Glory.
Gord, her and Fraarncis can have a fake laugh-off, using the fake laughs they learnt from doing FM breakfast.

Oh great. Not a fan of her at all. She used to be on Gold 104 breakfast with Lehmo and I was on the point of giving up on that as well until she mysteriously vanished during the summer break (after a bit of digging it seemed her contract was up for renewal and Gold wouldn't come to the party with what she was asking for). For someone who is supposed to be a sports journalist she came across as the stereotypical dippy female. I don't see this as a good addition.

Bridget Duclous will be doing some spots on Morning Glory.
Gord, her and Fraarncis can have a fake laugh-off, using the fake laughs they learnt from doing FM breakfast.
Oh bloody hell.
Not going to be much longer until I switch off completely. This station is terrible.

Oh great. Not a fan of her at all. She used to be on Gold 104 breakfast with Lehmo and I was on the point of giving up on that as well until she mysteriously vanished during the summer break (after a bit of digging it seemed her contract was up for renewal and Gold wouldn't come to the party with what she was asking for). For someone who is supposed to be a sports journalist she came across as the stereotypical dippy female. I don't see this as a good addition.
yep, I'm sure she's very nice, but her 'laugh-at-everything' FM schtick has been honed over many years, and it ain't my cup of tea, neeva.
I gather it works for a lot of the 10-to-24 audience, but the rest of us are like, "what the far'k are they laughing hysterically at??!" :D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep, I'm sure she's very nice, but her 'laugh-at-everything' FM schtick has been honed over many years, and it ain't my cup of tea, neeva.
I gather it works for a lot of the 10-to-24 audience, but the rest of us are like, "what the far'k are they laughing hysterically at??!" :D

My understanding was she was doing the news and sports bulletins? Think we can all agree that's a win if it means less 3AW yawnfest news.

Daniel Harford does this too, laughing at just about everything.

It's probably a nerves/confidence thing, as nobody can be that easily amused.

What on earth is happening to their website ?
Tried to get my dosage of Greg Denham and lace and no go ! The app has crashed, and look I'm a Neanderthal all things tech, but this is hopeless

What on earth is happening to their website ?
Tried to get my dosage of Greg Denham and lace and no go ! The app has crashed, and look I'm a Neanderthal all things tech, but this is hopeless
I'll take a stab and guess that Denham said something negative about a player/club/administrator that is so obvious it didn't need to be said.

But yeah, their website has been pretty average for the last few days.

This bridget?
duclos_narrowweb__300x463,0.jpg

She's on afternoons with Billy and JB sometimes. All it is, is her talking about trying to get laid (single, middle aged mum schtick) and JB and Billy playing along. Probably being a bit harsh there but the few times I've tuned in that's what I have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back