Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the SEN thread, not some s**t digital crap.
You might be right an apology for confusing SEN with Modern Digital Crap
You sound like a loyal SEN listener and I think you might have won a CD or even a Video off them maybe recently

Duclos needs to **** off from reading the news, is this the first newsreader job she's had?
Strange choice as her voice sounds like she has just woken up or had a hard night and if you are a newsreader i dont think thats what people want to hear.
Fox Footy did it great on Sat night with Sarah Jones and Neroli they were young and fresh sounding and sounded wide awake maybe thats what SEN should look to do rather than a tired old name from FM radio

Everyone pumped up for EPL on EON next week
I think alot of people are going to be pretty gutted come next week and they realise they cant watch it on Fox Sports anymore

What's up with the online stream blocking out the news and then coming back once the news has finished?

It has something to do with the Olympics. It must be about the online rights and their news coming from an official Olympic station.

Everyone pumped up for EPL on EON next week
I think alot of people are going to be pretty gutted come next week and they realise they cant watch it on Fox Sports anymore
This is beyond cringing.

It sounds like some awkward corny guy going into a Subway and saying, "hey dudes, why eat this when you can come and have a groovy sandwich at my new place down the road."

Last edited:
This is beyond cringing.

It sounds like some awkward corny guy going into a Subway and saying, "hey dudes, why eat this when you can come and have a groovy sandwich at my new place down the road."
But why would you get Subway when you can get a groovy sandwich that costs about $3 less?

Your logic is out of whack sassafras!

But why would you get Subway when you can get a groovy sandwich that costs about $3 less?

Your logic is out of whack sassafras!
It wasn't logic, it was an analogy, the situation could be reversed if you like. To go into the SEN thread and be only negative about it so you can sell your own brand is extremely unprofessional, and I don't know about others but definitely put me off giving the station a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't logic, it was an analogy, the situation could be reversed if you like. To go into the SEN thread and be only negative about it so you can sell your own brand is extremely unprofessional, and I don't know about others but definitely put me off giving the station a go.
I was taking the piss.

You're definitely right and spot on with your analogy. Rather than coming in and trashing the competitor, you come in and show your point of difference without being negative at all. Or don't come in in the first place because eon was being discussed in a fairly positive light anyway.

I was taking the piss.

You're definitely right and spot on with your analogy. Rather than coming in and trashing the competitor, you come in and show your point of difference without being negative at all. Or don't come in in the first place because eon was being discussed in a fairly positive light anyway.
Agree.

I think he/she did more harm than good for that station.

im with many posters here moving away from mornings. 927 for mine. i use a radio app. if i turn onto sen it's quite "loud" and clear. however, 927 has a somewhat understated, duller feel to it. easier to listen to. think of it this way, sen has treble maxed out whereas 927 is more basic.
first thing in the morning its easier to listen to.

also, ended up listening to 3aw. they i felt had more updates on the olympics than sen did between 8-9

im with many posters here moving away from mornings. 927 for mine. i use a radio app. if i turn onto sen it's quite "loud" and clear. however, 927 has a somewhat understated, duller feel to it. easier to listen to. think of it this way, sen has treble maxed out whereas 927 is more basic.
first thing in the morning its easier to listen to.

also, ended up listening to 3aw. they i felt had more updates on the olympics than sen did between 8-9

I reckon between 8-9 they had Coza on 3 times - twice during the Rugby 7's, then just before 9am, plus two news updates also with Olympics. Do we really need more? I still want my footy. Yesterday they had some great chats with Mack Horton's Dad, the shooter who won gold and her dad too (who was a hoot!). I reckon they've got it about right. Plenty of footy still and regular Olympic updates.

So in effect in the past year. SEN have gotten rid of their news staff to have Duclos read the news in the morning?
Just for 6 to 9am.

Even I'm about to give up on "The Glory", and I'm very loyal to my radio and tv shows. :D I've been rusted on since day 1.
The thing I can't cop the most is Frankie's fake laugh. I hate any fake s**t and pretentiousness.
There were a few minutes this morning just after 6am when they were talking to Duclos, and fair dimkum, it sounded like a "laugh-at-anything" FM show.

Last edited:
Just for 6 to 9am.

Even I'm about to give up on "The Glory", and I'm very loyal to my radio and tv shows. :D I've been rusted on since day 1.
The thing I can't cop the most is Frankie's fake laugh. I hate any fake s**t and pretentiousness.
There were a few minutes this morning just after 6am when they were talking to Duclos, and fair dimkum, it sounded like a "laugh-at-anything" FM show.

If you've been rusted on you'd know the show is called Breakfast with Frank and Ox. Surely you're not still calling Andy Maher's show "Harf Time"?

Philips mentioned this last night with Peaky when a caller started talking about Williams avoiding a blood test. :D "I read somewhere today that I'm a Serena Williams sycophant, but..."
Surely it's a coincidence and he's not reading this crap?

BP was talking about Serena Williams with Peaky? Gee whiz. Peaky said Williams is the best female athlete he's seen along with Florence Griffith Joyner! Flo Jo taken so much drugs she makes ben Johnson seem as clean as Mack Horton!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back