Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree.

I think he/she did more harm than good for that station.
Pleeeeese this whole forum is hundreds of pages of people criticising SEN and you have a go at me for adding my opinion to those hundreds
Honestly i dont think that my pumping up a few buddies at EON is going to make or break the place or SEN for that matter ?

I hope you werent listening to 3aw other night when Gerard Healy interviewing someone from AFL who had to finish the interview to do another at another radio station. Healy said " we better let you go as you have to do another interview at a litttle country radio station called sen " Dwayne then said thats a low blow Gerard.
So if a well respected guy thats been on Ch 7 fx footy radio etc you name it still thinks sen is no more than a hicksville little country radio station then that shows you that SEN is ripe for another Sports outlet for listeners

Anyway tomorrow night i will be sitting back with a glass of wine and feet up and getting ready for the Epl maybe you should give it a try dont know what Sen serve up at 1 or 2 am but cant be better than live Epl can it ?

Has anyone won the $100 grand ?
According to my mate EON are giving away a paid trip to EpL match flights and every thing
Here is a prediction someone will win the EPL trip to Londong at EON and no one will win the $100 grand at SEN just a hunch but see if i am right in a month or two.
I dont listen to SEN that often so if the $100 grand is won please post it on here asap

^ Ha, I hate to nitpick, but I don't think Gerard named SEN, but most people obviously would've known who he was talking about. :D
Anyway, make sure ya stick around here, coz it's good to have opposing views, I reckon.
I actually flicked over five mins later and the same guest was on SEN so it wasnt the ABC that was a little country station
But see if you and i both noticed it that shows that he doesnt respect the place to much

Pleeeeese this whole forum is hundreds of pages of people criticising SEN and you have a go at me for adding my opinion to those hundreds
Honestly i dont think that my pumping up a few buddies at EON is going to make or break the place or SEN for that matter ?

I hope you werent listening to 3aw other night when Gerard Healy interviewing someone from AFL who had to finish the interview to do another at another radio station. Healy said " we better let you go as you have to do another interview at a litttle country radio station called sen " Dwayne then said thats a low blow Gerard.
So if a well respected guy thats been on Ch 7 fx footy radio etc you name it still thinks sen is no more than a hicksville little country radio station then that shows you that SEN is ripe for another Sports outlet for listeners

Anyway tomorrow night i will be sitting back with a glass of wine and feet up and getting ready for the Epl maybe you should give it a try dont know what Sen serve up at 1 or 2 am but cant be better than live Epl can it ?
I wasn't putting you down for disparaging SEN. I was commenting on the awkward way you put it down for the sole purpose of promoting something else.

I actually flicked over five mins later and the same guest was on SEN so it wasnt the ABC that was a little country station
But see if you and i both noticed it that shows that he doesnt respect the place to much
Yep, many channel-flickers would know that Mark Evans goes to 3aw on Tuesdays, then gets on the phone to SEN straight after.

I was surprised that Gerard gave SEN a little jab, because he always mentions the station when he quotes something from there, which I reckon is a tiny pump-up for them (crediting them). Most stations don't name their competitors when they quote content.

Last edited:
They're his competition, it's only natural he puts them down on occasion.

Like you do to Sen, for yourself or your mates sake

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I'll be giving EON a go. But the line up isn't going to compel me ATM.

I mean. I didn't enjoy Bianca Chatfield when she was doing semi regular spots on SEN. In fact, I didn't like hearing her on the commercials on SEN! I'm not impressed by Dan Lonegan on his own.

As opposed to one line up against the other. It'll be more what's going on from hour to hour.

It's pretty amusing to pump up the EPL coverage over whatever SEN have got on a Saturday night. EON's drive host is on SEN on Saturday night!

Dash and Teo with some brilliant EPL coverage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Sunday that the radio in the car had to be changed off SEN , due once again to the OX's shouting.

I have seen complaints at times about the WA coverage on SEN of games and how biased they are.....well, I was listening to the last qtr of the Ess/Suns game today....what a disgrace it was.

Ox, Maher, Scott Lucas and I think, RoCo (apologies if not) should hang their head in shame. They were cheering for Essendon like they were supporters in the stands...Ox wasn't the only one shouting and screaming with excitement at everything Essendon..... I was genuinely stunned by how biased they were.

Totally and utterly unprofessional for a radio broadcaster of the footy and their commentators.

SEN seems to me like an out of control train atm....about to wreck at any minute.

The boss of SEN needs to set some rules for how their commentators act when on.....after all, it is one form of social media, as in they are talking to us, they need to do it properly or we might not want to communicate back, by listening or even ringing in..

SEN seem to not care to make changes or are to scared to make changes and both have the same result.
EON is trying to provide an alternative and what SEN need to do is not worry about EON but actually do the same , provide an alternative to their own listeners.
Why do blokes cheat on their wives or girlfriends ? Even hit shows like Sopranos Seinfeld end because their creators realise that eventually people like a change.
Fine , KB Maher OX Allan , the list goes on might be good blokes but after a long time people just tire out of the same thing.
When they went for the SEN job interview was the expectation they were going to be still the voices of SEN more than a decade later if it was then both hirer and hiree were in ga ga land
Like a Footy Club list and refreshing it up its nothing against the SEN guys just a fact of life.
Reading through this forum alot of people post how great and refreshing it is to hear Grandlands Phillips when they are filling in , they might not be alot better but a they show the reaction when you have a change.
Now some of you will shout me down because I have pushed EON and have friends there and thats your right but this is just my opinion
And by the way EPL on EON tonight again ..Lol

SEN seem to not care to make changes or are to scared to make changes and both have the same result.
EON is trying to provide an alternative and what SEN need to do is not worry about EON but actually do the same , provide an alternative to their own listeners.
Why do blokes cheat on their wives or girlfriends ? Even hit shows like Sopranos Seinfeld end because their creators realise that eventually people like a change.
Fine , KB Maher OX Allan , the list goes on might be good blokes but after a long time people just tire out of the same thing.
When they went for the SEN job interview was the expectation they were going to be still the voices of SEN more than a decade later if it was then both hirer and hiree were in ga ga land
Like a Footy Club list and refreshing it up its nothing against the SEN guys just a fact of life.
Reading through this forum alot of people post how great and refreshing it is to hear Grandlands Phillips when they are filling in , they might not be alot better but a they show the reaction when you have a change.
Now some of you will shout me down because I have pushed EON and have friends there and thats your right but this is just my opinion
And by the way EPL on EON tonight again ..Lol
If you think SEN is worried about EON then you're delusional.

Having said that, the rest of what you've said is right. They need a proper shake up, not just moving around old faces into new places.

KB and Harf would be keepers imo.....the rest I wouldn't miss at all.

Bring in BP, Dr Turf, Granland and other newbies....would be plenty out there just as capable.

Kevin Hillier too.

My preferred hosts in show order:

Any 2 of Anthony Hudson, Brett Phillips, Kevin Hillier, Dr Turf, Matt Granland and Jason Bennett and return the Morning Glory name.

KB (Hungry for Sport.)

Harf (Harf Time.)

2 freshies for The Run Home to develop and build chemistry. (Ben Jones, Teo Pelizzieri, Dan Lonergan, Jack Heverin, Darren Parkin, Tristan Foenander, Cameron Luke and others.)

Evenings with Finey still to have Finey hosting with Craig Harper as his No. 1 understudy.

All Night Appetite with a rotation of newies.

Off The Bench stays.

Hate to burst your bubble but what EPL fan in their right mind is going to listen on the radio to a match? Maybe a taxi driver but that's it.

Hate to burst your bubble but what EPL fan in their right mind is going to listen on the radio to a match? Maybe a taxi driver but that's it.

I'm sure people do and I Know I've regularly listened to EPL on radio since SEN themselves had the rights back in 2004. Although it's a terrible sport to listen to on the radio as you can't picture in your mind what's happening, many are interested in hearing the goals as they go in because they are in bed while the games are on. With the terrible arrangement that exists with Optus, many who aren't computer savvy will rely on the radio coverage rather than using illegal streams.

I listened on both Saturday and Sunday nights and they are using the Talksport coverage which is is decent. The only gripe that I had was that it took 30 minutes into the Hull game for the coverage to start, but was fine other than that.

I sometimes do. There's an ABC station (ABC News Radio I think it is) that has the Radio 5 Live feed of EPL matches most weekends and if there is a Spurs match on I will usually listen if I can't sleep. Never had Foxtel so haven't seen a live EPL match on the telly for years. Wouldn't bother to listen to a stream but if it's on my radio dial I will tune in (not a rusted on EPL fan though I have to admit, just follow Spurs a bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back