Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim just sounds like a better version of Scotty but not as good as Benny. Bring back Darren and Teo, or at least those kinds of characters. No more dull robots.
Problem here is, which of those sort of characters would want to do overnights when, if they're good enough, they can be doing stuff during the day and not sacrificing their entire life?

That's the problem with overnights. It doesn't attract the really good characters.

clint_ew.gif
I know. I feel the same way about my own post. I need to get off my own lawn.

I was listening to SEN driving home tonight ( dont have digital in car before you dig at me about not listening to EON) and looks like SEN mgt might be finally freshening things up with a few new voices.
I heard Darren ( I have heard his voice but didnt know his name ) say that he would be calling the Nth v Adel game next Sat and listeners would hear him a guy named Tom who he was talking to on the phone and also Terry Wallace.
Now I know of Terry Wallace but I hadnt heard of who Tom was and i wouldnt call Darren high profile , so for SEN to be giving them a final to call thats a bit of a change isnt it.
Maybe I spoke to soon about not having guts to make changes

The Tom would be Tom Rehn. Darren is IMO the best of the Croc Media lot that they have on SEN and seeing as IMO lesser all round presenters in Jack and Cam made the move over to EON in important slots, I'm guessing that Darren possibly rejected them and hopefully that means he's in line to get a better slot at SEN.

I find it so hard to understand Scott Cooney....don't know what it is, whether he talks to fast or what. Either way, I only get about half of what he says.
He is especially hard to understand when he is reading something out loud.

Last edited:
I find it so hard to understand Scott Cooney....don't know what it is, whether he talks to fast or what. Either way, I only get about half of what he says.

He seems to be running on auto pilot some of the time (probably isn't but that's how it comes across), he uses a lot expressions over and over again and some of the things he says that he repeats often he does say very quickly. Mind you I think I'd be semi-comatose too if I had to do that late night shift!

There are a multitude of reasons why EON is not on that list, not least of all the survey had already started before EON commenced broadcasting :drunk:

As previously mentioned, Darren has been on SEN for yonks. Unfortunately for us, he's grown into other roles in the broadcasting arena, calling games for AFL Live. I suspect you're a little off the ball with most of the post, but that's OK. We're here to stymie your ignorance.

As an aside, I wish Darren would go back to the All Night Appetite. It's just totally lost its mojo with Benny leaving and the new guy, Tim, not really doing it for me.
Thanks for helping my ignorance..
I googled up AFL Live and it is listed as a way of listening to the AFL just like SEN 3AW ABC etc
Doesnt that make it a competitor to SEN ?
If SEN pay to get the AFL rights then how does it work that you have a guy in an SEN studio talking about calling the footy and people can hear him and its actually a form of opposition to SEN?
I take back what I said that maybe SEN mgt were switched on ..they would most likely get a bloke holding a KFC twister in the background of a McDonalds ad.

Thanks for helping my ignorance..
I googled up AFL Live and it is listed as a way of listening to the AFL just like SEN 3AW ABC etc
Doesnt that make it a competitor to SEN ?
If SEN pay to get the AFL rights then how does it work that you have a guy in an SEN studio talking about calling the footy and people can hear him and its actually a form of opposition to SEN?
I take back what I said that maybe SEN mgt were switched on ..they would most likely get a bloke holding a KFC twister in the background of a McDonalds ad.

They have plenty of people that appear on SEN that work for other stations. Jonathon Howcroft is one that springs to mind. Pretty common these days. Other stations do it to, Adam white appears on both the ABC and RSN.

They have plenty of people that appear on SEN that work for other stations. Jonathon Howcroft is one that springs to mind. Pretty common these days. Other stations do it to, Adam white appears on both the ABC and RSN.

adam white is exceptionally good on RSN talking footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's who we were originally talking about o_O

What I was trying to say was that I haven't heard Darren doing content that hasn't been provided by Crocmedia. Crocmedia does AFL Live and relays it throughout country stations and SEN effectively outsources various timeslots to Crocmedia, such as All Night Appetite, Off the Bench, Saturday Night Lights, V8 Nation...etc. I wasn't aware that Darren had started freelancing outside of his Crocmedia stuff with EON Sport.

What I was trying to say was that I haven't heard Darren doing content that hasn't been provided by Crocmedia. Crocmedia does AFL Live and relays it throughout country stations and SEN effectively outsources various timeslots to Crocmedia, such as All Night Appetite, Off the Bench, Saturday Night Lights, V8 Nation...etc. I wasn't aware that Darren had started freelancing outside of his Crocmedia stuff with EON Sport.

Ah, OK. I see :thumbsu:

I thought Croc Media had a relationship with EON as well?

I swear Mark Fine is a troll. Some of the garbage he was talking last night you could not take seriously.

I'm not sure he's a troll - I just suspect that he's prone to the occasional long lunch before he goes to work, and he turns into a belligerent twat as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back