Radio The SEN Thread 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The SEN Thread 8

Anyone else get the feeling Dermie has serious hots for Donna Aston?

he has the hots for himself. but yes, he does talk more about himself when DA is around

donna_img01.jpg

id go there

Ack, fishing, horse racing and car racing. Time to get rid of SEN until March.

Thank goodness for Trade Week Radio!

Was anyone here aware that "you have to give something to get something"?

I sure wasn't but thankfully I've had Ray from Werribee remind me of that every night for the last 2 months.

Was anyone here aware that "you have to give something to get something"?

I sure wasn't but thankfully I've had Ray from Werribee remind me of that every night for the last 2 months.

Good old ray.
He went thru a phase where he thought every 1 was picking on him.
Always entertaining listening.

I miss the old days of overnights when it wasnt so crap.
Do miss mark franklin and brett phillips and tony schbechi in the early days. running overnights. The overnight croc media run overnights is crap comparedto what it used to be but could be worse and have those "best of" all the day programs we had for a bit. Insted of ppl being live on air overnight.

I don't mind those "best of" shows for those of us who work all day.

Still, I miss the days of the wrestling show on overnights, which started as half an hour and wound up being upwards of two hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had that dreadful "Ring of Fire" for a while, which made me long for the BBC feed.

Will go one better, motor sport

I miss the old late night wrestling show
"There are only 3 sports; Mountaineering, bullfighting and motor racing, the rest are merely games."

Having said that I cringe every time SEN try and do anything motorsport related. Ignorance and incompetence reign supreme and it's pretty painful listening.

People who don't like motorsport are losers...especially those that still focus on footy when it's the off-season, even the players p155 off for 8 weeks of the year! Anyway, regarding my previous post Nigel Purchase and Daniel Kowalski were doing overnights for, maybe, a month before Radio 5, I think it was, did a stint...So, ah, I wonder what exciting news Matty Thompson will be informing us, regarding GWS draft picks and trades! :eek: :p

look, if not motor head. dont watch motorsport, dont want to. nothing against ppl who do.
cars are cars. i dont understand how ppl get defensive/supportive of one brand against another, but that's just me. got a mate who works in a "luxury" car company who always cops s**t from holden/ford drivers for his job/car. ffs, some people need to take a chill pill.

anyway, rant over.

i have been thinking about this whole motorsport being a sport and spectacle. i have come up with the following thoughts:

1) aside fmor revheads, people will take an interest/watch motorsport for the crashes. its a sick and twisted thing, but true nevertheless. big stacks are fun to watch
2) i assume all posters here drive. if so, why dont we appreciate the drivers more. i mean we all drive and can empathise to a certain degree. i for one think what the drivers go through is pretty amazing. i struggle to stay alert after a round of golf (or 27 holes) then drive for an hour.

anyway, discuss

People who don't like motorsport are losers...especially those that still focus on footy when it's the off-season, even the players p155 off for 8 weeks of the year!

wat? stupid thing to say, but respect your opinion nevertheless.

i dont get how ppl are so defensive or protective about a sport they love. ppl are gonna find cars going round and round a track boring. just like how a 0-0 draw in soccer is boring. just like how sydney/st kilda play boring footy, just like how americans say cricket is boring.

everything is boring

got a mate who works in a "luxury" car company who always cops s**t from holden/ford drivers for his job/car. ffs, some people need to take a chill pill.

There is an enternity of difference between genuine motorsport fans and those bogns.

i have been thinking about this whole motorsport being a sport and spectacle. i have come up with the following thoughts:

1) aside fmor revheads, people will take an interest/watch motorsport for the crashes. its a sick and twisted thing, but true nevertheless. big stacks are fun to watch
2) i assume all posters here drive. if so, why dont we appreciate the drivers more. i mean we all drive and can empathise to a certain degree. i for one think what the drivers go through is pretty amazing. i struggle to stay alert after a round of golf (or 27 holes) then drive for an hour.

anyway, discuss
I think too much comes down to the car itself. If your team doesn't have the dollars to have the best parts under the hood, then you have no chance of winning. So it's not the best driver winning, it's the best driver of the best car. Just my thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back