"The Sensible Centre"

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I've somehow found myself subscribed to a mailing list from a group calling itself The Sensible Centre. It appears that the president is one Angela Vithoulkas and the Convenor is Vern Hughes.

Is anyone else receiving emails from this mob? Nearly everyone I've observed who has gone to the trouble to self-identify as sensible has turned out to be batshit crazy. Similarly, when the likes of them believe that they are centrist, it says a lot about the utility of that word. So colour me skeptical. But maybe others know of these folks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those two are hellbent on doing a Xenophon, that is getting into Parliament to further their "career" and if it means calling themselves centrists, so be it. The sheila is one of those "get rid of all encumbrance to business and let owners get on with it" and the fella ran for the DLP. Center? I don't think so.

Trotsky said "The centrist, never sure of his position and his methods, regards with detestation the revolutionary principle: State that which is; it inclines to substituting, in the place of political principles, personal combinations and petty organizational diplomacy." I'm no fan of Trotsky but I agree with him on this occasion, in other words, those who call themselves "centrists" seek to seduce by saying they are everything to all, "trust me".

Not all people of course who consider themselves to be open minded and sensible are what Trotsky described but then again, open minded and sensible people wouldn't share Business Council's ideals nor stand for the DLP!

Right wingers are a way bigger threat then the left. Do we really want a country full of inbred people who don't accept science and believe santa is real?

We will become America if we gives these idiots a voice a devolve ourselves 100 years. Just give the left control Larissa Waters and her shark utopia is far better than listening to all these over passionate inbred dickheads and their "so help me gawd" cretinoid bullshit while tinkering with their briggs and stratton lawn mowers. They probably even call them a "grass cutter" over there and not a mower. Such a dumb inbred country

The silly people are far more dangerous. You can mass cull sharks anytime in the future but unfortunately not dickheads. Please keep that in mind when you vote for you right wing "make me feel good" parties.

Last edited:
Right wingers are a way bigger threat then the left. Do we really want a country full of inbred people who don't accept science and believe santa is real?

We will become America if we gives these idiots a voice a devolve ourselves 100 years. Just give the left control Larissa Waters and her shark utopia is far better than listening to all these over passionate inbred dickheads and their "so help me gawd" cretinoid bullshit while tinkering with their briggs and stratton lawn mowers. They probably even call them a "grass cutter" over there and not a mower. Such a dumb inbred country

The silly people are far more dangerous. You can mass cull sharks anytime in the future but unfortunately not dickheads. Please keep that in mind when you vote for you right wing "make me feel good" parties.
Well put.

TBF, the extreme left doesn't deal too fantastically with science either. I don't think they're at the same level of craziness as the extreme right, but they certainly seem to be headed that way.

I much prefer the wacky left and the insane right to the sensible centre.

My experience with viewing the political stuff from those on social media who proudly claim to be part of "The Sensible Centre" is that they are anything but. They happen to be wackos who love conspiracy theories, quite similar to a few posters on here who have been banned from SRP discussions.

I'm quite scared of claiming to being part of TSC really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not historically.

Far left have killed way more people.

Both extremes of the left and right are dangerous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back