The Serious Bailey Banfield Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's nothing - Adam Cerra on 5!

Confirmed - Banfield better than Cerra ;)
Spider-Man Reaction GIF

AFL tempo is my comment, he is just AFL tempo because his biggest weakness has always been the same and is not going to be something that will be fixed with more game time. Unless he’s able to be the last kick on goal, he’s to slow to think / act and it costs us goals. I’ve lost track the number of times we’ve been on a fast break and he’s physically unable to move it quick enough to get a shot on goal.

Did you watch Peel last weekend, something as simple as Sturts hit up pass to him on front of goal is probably a bit beyond Banfield. When you add this to his selfishness in front of goals (due to goal kicking being the thing that gets him a game), basically his best and only AFL skill is kicking goals. Lucky for him, this is a handy skill.

The guy has done remarkably well to turn himself into a handy depth option but there is no scenario he leaves the club and the club looks like dumb for letting “some great talent” go on the cheap.
Ok, you've convinced me. But isn't the 2 year deal all but confirmed?

If we trade him and we come to regret it I hold you personally responsible. If we keep him and he doesn't improve I will look like an idiot as usual.

Ok, you've convinced me. But isn't the 2 year deal all but confirmed?

If we trade him and we come to regret it I hold you personally responsible. If we keep him and he doesn't improve I will look like an idiot as usual.
Oh, we arent trading him, he's being re-signed for 2 years like you said and as you might have gathered, I think anything more than 1 year is pretty dumb but whatever.

I dont think anyone backing our players in can look like an idiot, the only ones who look like idiots are those writing players off (like myself) if they turn into good players. Idiot is a title I can bare if it means the club is better off

Oh, we arent trading him, he's being re-signed for 2 years like you said and as you might have gathered, I think anything more than 1 year is pretty dumb but whatever.

I dont think anyone backing our players in can look like an idiot, the only ones who look like idiots are those writing players off (like myself) if they turn into good players. Idiot is a title I can bare if it means the club is better off
I would never think you are an idiot, you are wise. How could an apprentice of Peter Sumich and Kim Hagdorn be an idiot?

Find the Banfield detractors pretty funny. Kicks 18 goals and 14 behind this season with limited game time and people complain he shouldn't be in the team and make it out like he is on Fyfes pay level.

Pretty sure any other team be happy they had player that could do that.

Last edited:
I find it funny this thread has got to 3 pages!!!
He cops a lot of s**t and I don't think a lot of it is justified. Sometimes it gets a bit mean. I don't like it when people just post s**t on our players. Constructive criticism I'm OK with.

He's obviously no gun player but he isn't as bad as some on this board make out.

He's the best sub in the game by a mile

Just don't start him as he is better off exploding into the game half way through the third.
Yep, I wonder if him not making an impact when playing a full game is related to him always being a sub.

Being a sub would be hard. You could get called up at any moment or you might not get called up at all.

That has to have some psychological impact, just sitting there all game having no idea if you'll get on the field.

It would be draining to keep being "pumped up ready to go" all game not knowing when, or if, it would happen.

He cops a lot of s**t and I don't think a lot of it is justified. Sometimes it gets a bit mean. I don't like it when people just post s**t on our players. Constructive criticism I'm OK with.

He's obviously no gun player but he isn't as bad as some on this board make out.
congrats To Bailey on two year contract extension.
Backed by the club for tough role.
Gets the most out of himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back