The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Elimination of Delta is futile.

The Premiers are deluded if they think they can defeat it.
Gladys is now just trying to flatten the curve and reduce deaths before enough are vaccinated.

Dan is still hopeful of getting you out of lockdown for as much time as possible before enough are vaccinated.

Gladys is now just trying to flatten the curve and reduce deaths before enough are vaccinated.

Dan is still hopeful of getting you out of lockdown for as much time as possible before enough are vaccinated.
I understand the short-term goals, but if McGowan's sentiment of potentially locking down WA at vaccination rates of 80% rings true then that worries me.

I hope Andrews isn't thinking of doing something similar here. There's going to come a point where we have to learn to live with this virus.

Last edited:

I understand the short-term goals, but if McGowan's sentiment of potentially locking down WA at vaccination rates of 80% then that worries me.

I hope Andrews isn't thinking of doing something similar here. There's going to come a point where we have to learn to live with this virus.
You could be right, three? variants already from the original virus.

Best option if we can get enough people vaccinated to reduce deaths and burden on hospitals.

You could be right, three? variants already from the original virus.

Best option if we can get enough people vaccinated to reduce deaths and burden on hospitals.
Think there's been 5 variants, with Delta obviously being the most dominant strain now.
  • Alpha (UK/London variant)
  • Beta (South African variant)
  • Delta (Indian variant)
  • Gamma (Brazilian variant)
  • Kappa (Indian variant)
I'm all in favour of vaccination. It's the most effective tool we have at the moment.

We got
Think there's been 5 variants, with Delta obviously being the most dominant strain now.
  • Delta (Indian variant)
  • Kappa (Indian variant)
I'm all in favour of vaccination. It's the most effective tool we have at the moment.

Wasn't there a Delta plus?

I understand the short-term goals, but if McGowan's sentiment of potentially locking down WA at vaccination rates of 80% rings true then that worries me.

The question I'd have with the opening plan is if WA Tas, NT and SA can continue to avoid covid, why would they open up to begin with.

Others may not have said what McGowan said, but the reality is if deaths and hospitalisations are deemed too high after 80% are vaccinated other states will bring in restrictions.

It'll eventually pass and vaccinations will turn it into just the flu, but Delta has thrown a spanner in the works and it's a wait and see what happens around the world.

• Delta (Indian variant)
  • Kappa (Indian variant)
There's heaps more, but those are the ones they've been worried about. Delta is the only one that will result in an altered vaccine. It's likely to be like the flu with vaccines being adjusted regularly over the years and good and bad covid seasons.

I QR code wherever I go, even the petrol station when I fill the car up. Not because I’m a goody two shoes but because I bloody well want to know if I’ve come into contact with a positive case - for myself, my family and my workplace (even though I largely WFH). Pity the mah rights freedumb warriors can’t get the concept that this is one key element that supports keeping us open.

My son also works at one of the big supermarket chains and it pisses him off no end when customers come in without masks, often young women who snarkily state medical exemption 🙄. Plague rats is what he refers to them as. Staff have been told not to question or challenge nonmask wearers, obviously for their own safety to protect them from abuse. What a reflection of the level of selfishness and IDGAF from some sections of our community.

Then should the Supermarket kick the People out who not Wearing Masks and Refuse Entry until they put a Mask On.

Pathetic they not doing anything as then we might as well not even bother having a Lockdown IF rules are not Enforced to hard

When the Vaccinations get up to 80% then we will start to Live with Covid.

Dan only should do are a Hard Border to NSW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But overseas politicians aren't neurotic enough to believe COVID-zero is the way forward either.

Our Goverment has not said once we hit 80% Vaccinated that we be Aiming for 0 Cases

Get a puppy.

We got a puppy on Saturday and I forgot Covid existed until today.
Not addressed at you at all, but I wonder what will happen to many of these dogs when eventually people go back to work. Not such a problem perhaps for people who have houses, but apartment dwellers may face the prospect of leaving their dog alone all day if they have to return to the office, or even discarding it. I want to foster a dog but even foster dogs are in short supply. I already look after a covid chihuahua twice a week that is proving a handful for the owner stuck inside an apartment with it.

Our Goverment has not said once we hit 80% Vaccinated that we be Aiming for 0 Cases
I don't see how we can be aiming at 0 cases now. The target seems almost impossible to achieve. As for the 80% vaccination rate, given we are only at 26% now, we may be waiting a long time to hit the magic number. Unlike you, I don't believe the state or country can stay in lockdown till we hit that figure.

I was glad to see channel 9 news exposed the faces of the people who ran and attended the engagement party and even released the names of the engaged couple. About time people who blatantly flout the rules and spread the virus are exposed. The mother is shocked at the hate directed at them and believes they should be forgiven. However those attending appeared to be wealthy and highly educated, with several doctors among them. They should have known better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back