The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely this comes as no surprise Maggie - our politicians hold power only at the behest of those with the power to command them - whatever the party they represent.
In the day of twitter FB etc., you really don't have much place to hide.

Whilst citizens suffer pollies cover their collective arses.

In the day of twitter FB etc., you really don't have much place to hide.

Whilst citizens suffer pollies cover their collective arses.
No argument there Maggie but those who command the politicians remain in the shadows and reap the rewards without blame.

That really does irk me lol.

I listened to both press conferences today and was totally unimpressed with NSW Premier. I in fact applauded her the first time around but she has lost control of the situation there and now we suffer. Her answers were stock answers, just typical political spin.

We really don't have much in the way of good politicians.
A good politician doesn't have to know everything, they have to hire the right advisors and actually take their advice. All politicians will make mistakes, i like the ones who own them and take responsibility.
I have been an apathetic lefty who voted informally for 20 years but these liberal governments have absolutely proven themselves incapable of governing properly when there is a natioanl emergency (bushfires too) so Labor i am back baby!!

A good politician doesn't have to know everything, they have to hire the right advisors and actually take their advice. All politicians will make mistakes, i like the ones who own them and take responsibility.
I have been an apathetic lefty who voted informally for 20 years but these liberal governments have absolutely proven themselves incapable of governing properly when there is a natioanl emergency (bushfires too) so Labor i am back baby!!

I've always been Labour, but I don't think you can write off all Libs - the SA Libs are doing pretty well.

The Greens under Adam Brandt should be better.
;)We need :handpointright:.

Gladys looking for more vaccines from other states? Here was her previous position. Go about 3 mins in.

Apparently NSW don't just want our vaccine, they specifically want our Pfizer. The country is swimming in unused Astra Zeneca, but even in an 'emergency', people are apparently allowed to be fussy about which vaccine they get. NSW's lockdown is not as strict as that suffered each time in Victoria. People can for instance travel 15 km compared to our 5km limit. I don't often agree with Daniel Andrews, but he is right in suggesting that NSW needs to go harder on the lockdown before they start begging for vaccine. Either way, I would not give the state a single drop of our Pfizer. This is a good opportunity for Sydney folk to get themselves immunised with AZ which I am sure is in plentiful supply. Can't believe how quickly Glady's star has waned. She seems now to be in panic mode and has clearly lost control of the situation.

Apparently NSW don't just want our vaccine, they specifically want our Pfizer. The country is swimming in unused Astra Zeneca, but even in an 'emergency', people are apparently allowed to be fussy about which vaccine they get. NSW's lockdown is not as strict as that suffered each time in Victoria. People can for instance travel 15 km compared to our 5km limit. I don't often agree with Daniel Andrews, but he is right in suggesting that NSW needs to go harder on the lockdown before they start begging for vaccine. Either way, I would not give the state a single drop of our Pfizer. This is a good opportunity for Sydney folk to get themselves immunised with AZ which I am sure is in plentiful supply. Can't believe how quickly Glady's star has waned. She seems now to be in panic mode and has clearly lost control of the situation.
I just Heard that she hasn't even mandated mask wearing outside.
I agree, think she has lost the plot. Her press conferences are same same every day and really doesn't answer questions.

Just watched Morrison speak, he was so shouty and really didn't say anything new, think he is feeling the pressure of incompetence too.

He keeps talking about making the time between jabs - Pfizer longer - the AZ shorter.
Not sure I agree with any of this as that is not what manufacturers originally recommended.

She is too Scared to come out and Admit she F**ked up big time and then trying to use her F**k Up as a Reason to get her state Immunized Faster.

Real Pathetic by Glady

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, think she has lost the plot. Her press conferences are same same every day and really doesn't answer questions.

Just watched Morrison speak, he was so shouty and really didn't say anything new, think he is feeling the pressure of incompetence too.

He keeps talking about making the time between jabs - Pfizer longer - the AZ shorter.
Not sure I agree with any of this as that is not what manufacturers originally recommended.

The Lockdown is not a Proper Lockdown in NSW. I seen on Youtube people in NSW out playing Pokemon Go and without Masks

Federal Goverment been the most Incomptent Goverment in Australia since Covid Started

Although, Maggie, as was just suggested on ABC radio, shortening the gap between AZ jabs and lengthening the time between jabs for Pfizer may persuade some Sydney-siders to take the plunge on AZ. I find it ironical that in Thailand and Cambodia where the choice is between AZ and Sinovac, AZ is the vaccine that everyone wants to get.

Although, Maggie, as was just suggested on ABC radio, shortening the gap between AZ jabs and lengthening the time between jabs for Pfizer may persuade some Sydney-siders to take the plunge on AZ. I find it ironical that in Thailand and Cambodia where the choice is between AZ and Sinovac, AZ is the vaccine that everyone wants to get.
Good point.

Lucky those countries have a choice. My friends in Malaysia have only the Chinese vaccine. Not happy.

The Greens under Adam Brandt should be better.
;)We need :handpointright:.
Sorry Maggie I remember the Western Australian Greens practically selling themselves to the Liberal party despite the party platform several elections ago.
No Australian political party is free from corruption in my eyes.

Sorry Maggie I remember the Western Australian Greens practically selling themselves to the Liberal party despite the party platform several elections ago.
No Australian political party is free from corruption in my eyes.
Sadly under the previous leader Di Natale, Greens did go down hill in Vic and NSW as well, really need to regroup.

Sinovac, unlike AZ, is said to be ineffective against the delta strain.
Not ineffective. Its causing t cells to fire and thus preventing most serious cases, but not producing enough antibodies to stop as much of the spread as the better vaccines.

First shot AZ, second shot Pfizer 4 weeks later gives as good results as anything. With the stocks Australia has, that'd be the quickest way to get everyone vaccinated really well, as they have enough AZ, and would only need half the Pfizer.

Sadly under the previous leader Di Natale, Greens did go down hill in Vic and NSW as well, really need to regroup.
I have a thing with political gangs - the basement is honoring their constituents by not abandoning their pledged party platform for political gains.
The only gang worse than the greens was the old Country party who actually sold out their constituents for the entire length of the gang's existence

her demands this morning were batshit crazy, basically put the vaccine rollout on hold for the rest of the country while Sydney gets vaccinated, and then what, they open up and the rest of the country have to deal with seeding from Sydney and rolling lockdowns. It was never going to fly.

According to David speers and other journalists, she never even raised it at national cabinet. It’s pure politics, she’s copping a hammering and wants to shift the focus off NSW by labelling it a national emergency, hence it’s all the fault of Scotty from hair plugs.

The outbreak is out of control and I suspect she’s going to announce a harsher lockdown soon similar to the other states, but now she will excuse it as “it’s a national emergency and the feds haven’t given us sufficient vaccine so I have no choice”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back