The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Places have done the whole city in isolation, except essential workers, but it would be pretty brutal.
Any Big Cities?

Just can't see us going that Far though.

Really NSW should be doing that with there Cases keep Skyrocketing

Any Big Cities?

Just can't see us going that Far though.

Really NSW should be doing that with there Cases keep Skyrocketing
Colombo, Sri Lanka did it in wave 1. Supposedly it took a few weeks for supermarkets to get their online ordering up to scratch, so food was a big issue early on.

Colombo, Sri Lanka did it in wave 1. Supposedly it took a few weeks for supermarkets to get their online ordering up to scratch, so food was a big issue early on.

I thought most of the World went lockdown like that when Covid 1st Started as I remember even New York was in Heavy Lockdown

Problem with 2nd/3rd World Countries are not Setup enough to do things like that Straight Away

I thought most of the World went lockdown like that when Covid 1st Started as I remember even New York was in Heavy Lockdown

Problem with 2nd/3rd World Countries are not Setup enough to do things like that Straight Away
In most places you could go to food shops like Melbourne and lots you could exercise outside.

In most places you could go to food shops like Melbourne and lots you could exercise outside.

Guess things would need to be Setup before we had a Total Lockdown unless you need to go to Work you don't leave your House

This is interesting... .

According to the NSW health department

“Of the 62 people in intensive care, 57 are not vaccinated, and the remaining five have had one dose of either AstraZeneca or Pfizer.”

Interesting age breakdown in ICU:

“Of the 62 cases in intensive care, three are in their 20s, seven are in their 30s, five are in their 40s, 13 are in their 50s, 13 are in their 60s, 19 in their 70s and two in their 80s.

This is interesting... .

According to the NSW health department

“Of the 62 people in intensive care, 57 are not vaccinated, and the remaining five have had one dose of either AstraZeneca or Pfizer.”

Interesting age breakdown in ICU:

“Of the 62 cases in intensive care, three are in their 20s, seven are in their 30s, five are in their 40s, 13 are in their 50s, 13 are in their 60s, 19 in their 70s and two in their 80s.

Shows how Important it's to be Fully Vaccinated IF you can be

Shows how Important it's to be Fully Vaccinated IF you can be
Also shows that it not longer affecting old people.

This is so different from the first strain of Covid, can't believe that our politicians didn't realise this especially since it was infecting and killing people in the hundreds/thousands in India, Indonesia and the USA.

This is so different from the first strain of Covid, can't believe that our politicians didn't realise this especially since it was infecting and killing people in the hundreds/thousands in India, Indonesia and the USA.
old people have been largely vaccinated

Our Pollies don't have a Clue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have not seen this before, had anyone else?

Secret video of senate meeting with head of TGA Brendan Murphy telling Parliament to not tell the public of their own vaccine effects coverup and that the vaccine kills people and they have no recourse from it because the government granted big pharma immunity from prosecution and compensation payouts!

All of NSW finally under some type of "lockdown". Should have happened weeks ago. Pity the restrictions will don't at least match Victoria's though. Reckon they'll break Vic's daily tally record before this outbreak is brought under control.

All of NSW finally under some type of "lockdown". Should have happened weeks ago. Pity the restrictions will don't at least match Victoria's though. Reckon they'll break Vic's daily tally record before this outbreak is brought under control.
I reckon our numbers will grow too. We are not getting on top of this outbreak and with NSW leaking further cases, we will be in a long lockdown every bit as harsh as NSW with a fraction of the numbers. The length of the lockdown is every bit as important as the numbers that create it.

I reckon our numbers will grow too. We are not getting on top of this outbreak and with NSW leaking further cases, we will be in a long lockdown every bit as harsh as NSW with a fraction of the numbers. The length of the lockdown is every bit as important as the numbers that create it.
Until NSW get their s**t together all the other states will bounce in and out of lockdowns. Unfortunately us and Qld will cop the most leakage.

I have not seen this before, had anyone else?

Secret video of senate meeting with head of TGA Brendan Murphy telling Parliament to not tell the public of their own vaccine effects coverup and that the vaccine kills people and they have no recourse from it because the government granted big pharma immunity from prosecution and compensation payouts!

It's always been hard to sue for approved medicine unless the batch is contaminated or they've withheld known adverse side effects, as the medicine has been approved. A small percentage of people have a range of adverse reactions to heaps of things we consume. Suing a drug company for an adverse reaction to antiobiotics or aspirin would be like suing a peanut farmer because you have an anaphylactic reaction to peanuts. However, I think the laws have gone further with covid vaccines.

I am reading on other BF forums that there will be another week.

For some reason, this one has been the toughest for me.

old people have been largely vaccinated
Those numbers are pretty good news really as they suggest AZ is holding up well and keeping the oldies out of ICU. It's only 1% of active cases in ICU, even with a low vaccination rate in the areas it spread. Although there's a lag between cases being diagnosed and ending up in ICU, so it's probably really 2% of the relevant active cases

Those numbers are pretty good news really as they suggest AZ is holding up well and keeping the oldies out of ICU. It's only 1% of active cases in ICU, even with a low vaccination rate in the areas it spread. Although there's a lag between cases being diagnosed and ending up in ICU, so it's probably really 2% of the relevant active cases
Are we getting all the true numbers you think?

As an aside, having been flicking through various web sites and the anti vaxers are really something special. From micro chipping, China plot, 5G to killing the population.

I wonder whether they sit down with pen and paper and calculate how many vaccinations will be carried out by the end of the year and visual how that would look if all died due to the jab. They could end up being clones of Adam and Eve or maybe Sole Survivors.

Are we getting all the true numbers you think?

As an aside, having been flicking through various web sites and the anti vaxers are really something special. From micro chipping, China plot, 5G to killing the population.

I wonder whether they sit down with pen and paper and calculate how many vaccinations will be carried out by the end of the year and visual how that would look if all died due to the jab. They could end up being clones of Adam and Eve or maybe Sole Survivors.
I think the numbers will be real. The 5G stuff not so much.

How are you doing in Malaysia, still in lockdown?
Eternal lockdown. I don't know how many weeks it's been, but its been a long time. I'm fine though. We've just returned to online school after the holidays. First time I've ever enjoyed an end to holidays, as I've now got something to do. And faking positivity in my first classes, quickly turned into real positivity. It's weird how that works.

The holidays were hard though. At one stage they had a cases target to reduce the restrictions - 4000 a day in the country. We were about 5000 a day at the time. As numbers climbed, I found myself relating to Donald Trump. STOP THE BLOODY TESTING. Cases are now 20000 a day. They've dropped the case count as a target, and now its all about vaccination numbers and hospitalisation.

They're vaccinating really quickly, with a massive take up. Our state has been targetted with vaccine, as it's been hard hit and they've now given a first dose to over 95% of adults. Some states have relaxed things slightly for vaccinated people, but we've been the hardest hit state - so not here, yet - other than mosques. It's funny how even those who agree with lockdown rejoice at the slightest relaxation. There's an election coming, so I think things will open soon.

I hope your lockdown passes quickly. The in and out every couple of works must be pretty emotionally taxing.

Last edited:
Eternal lockdown. I don't know how many weeks it's been, but its been a long time. I'm fine though. We've just returned to online school after the holidays. First time I've ever enjoyed an end to holidays, as I've now got something to do. And faking positivity in my first classes, quickly turned into real positivity. It's weird how that works.

The holidays were hard though. At one stage they had a cases target to reduce the restrictions - 4000 a day in the country. We were about 5000 a day at the time. As numbers climbed, I found myself relating to Donald Trump. STOP THE BLOODY TESTING. Cases are now 20000 a day. They've dropped the case count as a target, and now its all about vaccination numbers and hospitalisation.

They're vaccinating really quickly, with a massive take up. Our state has been targetted with vaccine, as it's been hard hit and they've now given a first dose to over 95% of adults. Some states have relaxed things slightly for vaccinated people, but we've been the hardest hit state - so not here, yet - other than mosques. It's funny how even those who agree with lockdown rejoice at the slightest relaxation. There's an election coming, so I think things will open soon.
Wow that is really bad, we don't hear much about it here. You got Pfizer vax didn't you?

I really miss not going there this year, I love Malaysia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back