The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What the Difference Between Quarantine and Lockdown as they saying there still be Quarantining?
Quarantining is what you do if you return from overseas, are a tier 1 contact or have covid. Usually for a period of about 14 days and involved testing to ensure you are not positive. Many people will still require quarantining after lockdown is finally considered unnecessary.

Quarantining is isolation- or in other words, no leaving the house for exercise or shopping.
Although lockdown can be isolation. A friend in Da Nang, Vietnam, has just spent 10 days in lockdown (meant to be 7 but extended) during which they were not allowed to leave their apartment or house. They were given warning so shopping in preparation. However, the lockdown has been extended another 10 days. She received the following package courtesy of the government on which she has to survive for the next 10 days. She cannot leave the premises.

1630225773501.png

Although lockdown can be isolation. A friend in Da Nang, Vietnam, has just spent 10 days in lockdown (meant to be 7 but extended) during which they were not allowed to leave their apartment or house. They were given warning so shopping in preparation. However, the lockdown has been extended another 10 days. She received the following package courtesy of the government on which she has to survive for the next 10 days. She cannot leave the premises.

View attachment 1220911
Yeah, Vietnam and Sri Lanka have both had some lockdowns that were the same as isolation or quarantine. It'd probably be the only way of beating delta through a lockdown. Can he get delivery?

Yeah, Vietnam and Sri Lanka have both had some lockdowns that were the same as isolation or quarantine. It'd probably be the only way of beating delta through a lockdown. Can he get delivery?
She. No she can't with everything closed apparently, but says street leaders will help procure extra food if necessary. Obviously there is some method to contact them. She is asking for recipe suggestions. The tin contains tuna and the other pack a spicy tuna.

Quarantining is isolation- or in other words, no leaving the house for exercise or shopping.

So IF you go on Holidays Inter-State you still will have to Quarantine?

She. No she can't with everything closed apparently, but says street leaders will help procure extra food if necessary. Obviously there is some method to contact them. She is asking for recipe suggestions. The tin contains tuna and the other pack a spicy tuna.

They're in a s**t position regarding vaccine. Delta has stuffed their plans big time. I read up on it the other day, they'd been backing their own vaccine which is in the final stage of testing, nearing production.

Last edited:
They're in a sh*t position regarding vaccine. Delta has stuffed their plans big time. They'd been backing their own vaccine which is in the final stage of testing, nearing production.
I understand the Chinese offered 1.5 million doses and the USA 1 million, a drop in the ocean really. Vietnam apparently not wanting to upset either country from a political point of view.

Only if your state contains covid cases and the state you are entering demands that you quarantine.

Well once we open up every state will have Covid Cases.

Do that then I feel sorry for QLD as they will keep losing money as People won't Risk of going into Isolation/Quarantine for 2 weeks

Well once we open up every state will have Covid Cases.

Do that then I feel sorry for QLD as they will keep losing money as People won't Risk of going into Isolation/Quarantine for 2 weeks
If the states were opened up, then there should be no quarantine if travelling between states. But if you have covid you will have to self quarantine 14 days and be tested.

They're in a sh*t position regarding vaccine. Delta has stuffed their plans big time. I read up on it the other day, they'd been backing their own vaccine which is in the final stage of testing, nearing production.
Someone suggested the following recipe as she has a blender. Rhonda was less than enthusiastic - 'a nice, tuna , egg ,vegetable smoothie'

If the states were opened up, then there should be no quarantine if travelling between states. But if you have covid you will have to self quarantine 14 days and be tested.
I think people with symptoms will try to avoid getting tested whilst on holiday and wait until they're home. Supposedly people are avoiding tests in the UK now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think people with symptoms will try to avoid getting tested whilst on holiday and wait until they're home. Supposedly people are avoiding tests in the UK now.

That really bad idea and that would just mean more Chance of Lockdowns coming back then

That really bad idea and that would just mean more Chance of Lockdowns coming back then
It'll be a different way of thinking about covid by then. There will be thousands of cases a day and people will be going about their lives. The fear of the virus will be diminished.

So you'll be up in Noosa having a beautiful holiday - your first one for a couple of years. You're having a great time, but you've got the sniffles. You're vaccinated and you no longer fear the virus - otherwise you wouldn't be on holiday around so many cases in the country. Any spread that you may cause will be a tiny drop in a big ocean of covid. Do you risk you and your family spending the next two weeks unable to leave your hotel, by going to get a test?

Hello all - if I ever want some scientific discussion of Covid etc - I don't check this thread - thank you.

I hope she had a stocked pantry to begin with? Is she in Danang itself or Hoi An?
Da Nang. She has been there since September last year renting an apartment. No idea about the pantry situation but she is not complaining.

Da Nang. She has been there since September last year renting an apartment. No idea about the pantry situation but she is not complaining.
Silly me - put my mobile in my hand luggage back pack at Da Nang airport - once on board checked for my mobile -gone - tks guys!

Silly me - put my mobile in my hand luggage back pack at Da Nang airport - once on board checked for my mobile -gone - tks guys!
I'll ask Rhonda to keep an eye out for it if you give me the details. She may even have bought it from some dodgy mobile seller. That's if she ever gets out of isolation.

I'll ask Rhonda to keep an eye out for it if you give me the details. She may even have bought it from some dodgy mobile seller. That's if she ever gets out of isolation.
14 years ago - tks but tell Rhonda not to worry!

Last edited:
Victoria is beautiful, and has a lot of places to visit/stay.
Why would you ever want to leave?
Because it has a s**t climate compared to its northern neighbours, and its wise to expand your horizons beyond what this state or country has to offer. In order to truly grow as a person, you should put yourself into different cultural and physical contexts, perhaps even leave your comfort zone. People who come here from different countries have in a sense already undergone that process in reverse. There is so much more to see and experience beyond our state and country's borders. Why limit yourself?

Not sure how this relates to Dave going up to Noosa each year.

14 years ago - tks but tell Rhonda not to worry!
If you were that loose with your mobile, it was a matter of time. 14 years ago if you were holding your mobile phone too close to the road in a Vietnamese city, it was a matter of time before someone rode past on their motorbike and snatched it out of your hands - even if it was a ******* nokia. Let alone putting it in a bag for a customs bloke to just take.

If you were that loose with your mobile, it was a matter of time. 14 years ago if you were holding your mobile phone too close to the road in a Vietnamese city, it was a matter of time before someone rode past on their motorbike and snatched it out of your hands - even if it was a ******* nokia. Let alone putting it in a bag for a customs bloke to just take.
I was so careful with my new Samsung in Cambodia three years back - until for one moment I wasn't, and almost instantly it was gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back