The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

ANewDawn

All Australian
Jun 10, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought I knew why they called me Fu, but I never before understood why they called me Fu Cu.
So Fu Manchu was a tutor too? I seem to remember my father being called 'tuan' by his students in Singapore. Must mean 'teacher'?

ANewDawn

All Australian
Jun 10, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lao shi is what teachers get called on the mainland. No idea if Singaporean Chinese is different.
Actually it might have been the amah - maybe a term of respect from servant to master. She was Hokkien Chinese.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I got called a di^khead on another thread - does that count?
Depending on who abused you, it could be seen as a sort of compliment. It sets a distance between you and them, blurs the line between the abuser and abused. Quite often, what they call you is what you thought of them anyway. You can feel content knowing they too recognise a difference between you.

NMBB

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Depending on who abused you, it could be seen as a sort of compliment. It sets a distance between you and them, blurs the line between the abuser and abused. Quite often, what they call you is what you thought of them anyway. You can feel content knowing they too recognise a difference between you.
Mate who is a Dogs fan wanted a link to the post so he could like it :). He was most disappointed when I told him a wise mod had deleted the post :)

What is also true is that there are a lot of over 60s who should have had AZ but became real pussies when the words 'blood clot' was mentioned and instead are waiting for the Pfizer.

Well then they Taking Big Risk.

Funny you don't hear about Heart Issues that some People have from Pfizer but hear tons about the Small Number of People getting Blood Clots from AZ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am already preparing my response.

I reckon I could write your response.

Dear Dan,

You are a pestilence, a harsher curse upon us than Covid itself. I don't like you, Dan. Only evil can emanate from you and your government, and your latest plan is a testament to this.

It is a roadmap to ruin. My sanity has now broken, and I lay the fragments of my tortured mind at your feet, you big-eared and bug-eyed f***.

You 'urge' Victorians to keep doing the right thing. Well Dan, I've got some urges of my own, most of which involve the spectre of you toppling from a flight of stairs.

Set me free, a-hole.

Kind regards, TGG.

Good Horse

Cancelled
Collingwood - Caleb Poulter Player Sponsor 2022 Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020
Sep 21, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I reckon I could write your response.

Dear Dan,

You are a pestilence, a harsher curse upon us than Covid itself. I don't like you, Dan. Only evil can emanate from you and your government, and your latest plan is a testament to this.

It is a roadmap to ruin. My sanity has now broken, and I lay the fragments of my tortured mind at your feet, you big-eared and bug-eyed f***.

You 'urge' Victorians to keep doing the right thing. Well Dan, I've got some urges of my own, most of which involve the spectre of you toppling from a flight of stairs.

Set me free, a-hole.

Kind regards, TGG.

Dear Dan,

Horse says you are a pony Dan. That's not ******* good. He doesn't mean that in an "a pony, I want the pony" way. He means you are like a furry big eared wheat thresher, your slicey hooves and teeth scything through our hearts, minds, and viscera with the subtlety and compassion of a combine harvester through a sack of bunnies.

I saw him heading for the armoury with a bottle of sparkling Burgundy. I'd ******* run now Dan.

Signed

A well wisher

TGG

Good Horse

Cancelled
Collingwood - Caleb Poulter Player Sponsor 2022 Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020
Sep 21, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Living with a mad Seahawks fan when you're a Colts fan in the NFL, during this lockdown has been hell this past week.

I sympathise with your horse based allegiances.

Alas, I'm a Packers fan. We look pretty ****ed.

In Melbourne metropolitan area, has anyone actually seen police using number plate recognition technology? Or police patrolling railway stations and trains searching for people outside their 5km zones? I
Don't know if they are using but in the Hume area quite a few police cars driving in and out of Courts and Streets.

Good Horse

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
In Melbourne metropolitan area, has anyone actually seen police using number plate recognition technology? Or police patrolling railway stations and trains searching for people outside their 5km zones? I

My ex girlfriend's parents were stopped at a police check on the Mornington Peninsula on the weekend heading towards Pt Leo. They were inside their 5km but there were a lot of people being fined apparently.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
My ex girlfriend's parents were stopped at a police check on the Mornington Peninsula on the weekend heading towards Pt Leo. They were inside their 5km but there were a lot of people being fined apparently.
There and at the foot of the Dandenongs are two spots where checks are set up because they are popular with day trippers.

What is also true is that there are a lot of over 60s who should have had AZ but became real pussies when the words 'blood clot' was mentioned and instead are waiting for the Pfizer.
Yeah I wasn’t keen on the clot shot but ended up getting it, glad I did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back