The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to be the pessimist, but I imagine it will only be a matter of time before it spreads beyond the borders of those countries and hitches a ride to Europe, America and here.

We at least need to keep it our or not let it Spread as IF it gets in then we might be Heading back to Lockdown/Restrictions IF Vaccine does not work well on it

We at least need to keep it our or not let it Spread as IF it gets in then we might be Heading back to Lockdown/Restrictions IF Vaccine does not work well on it
Dan promised no more lockdowns and he had better stick to it. World share markets are spooked by it today, with the ASX down 2% earlier this afternoon. There is obviously a genuine fear the variant is going to spread.

No-one knows yet.
Biggest hit today I have seen on the share market for a long time, particularly oil and travel companies. There is certainly a genuine fear that the variant is going to make its presence felt in the world. If know one knows, there is no shortage of people willing to speculate.

Dan promised no more lockdowns and he had better stick to it. World share markets are spooked by it today, with the ASX down 2% earlier this afternoon. There is obviously a genuine fear the variant is going to spread.
Feels like this s**t will never end :(

We'll be living with this for years to come.

Biggest hit today I have seen on the share market for a long time, particularly oil and travel companies. There is certainly a genuine fear that the variant is going to make its presence felt in the world. If know one knows, there is no shortage of people willing to speculate.
Yeah - not looking good how quickly countries are slamming their doors on Africa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like this sh*t will never end :(

We'll be living with this for years to come.
I wish I wasn't controlling my own retirement funds. I took a big hit through panicking last year and just hate the financial uncertainty that covid has created. I don't have the ticker for the economic costs of this pandemic and have lost so much confidence in my ability to travel long term. I will never forgive the arseholes responsible for creating this virus - I say arseholes because if they hadn't been ******* around with nature and wildlife, we would not be playing this guessing game or thinking it's looking like we're coming to the end when in fact we may just be moving into the next phase.

I wish I wasn't controlling my own retirement funds. I took a big hit through panicking last year and just hate the financial uncertainty that covid has created. I don't have the ticker for the economic costs of this pandemic and have lost so much confidence in my ability to travel long term. I will never forgive the arseholes responsible for creating this virus - I say arseholes because if they hadn't been ******* around with nature and wildlife, we would not be playing this guessing game or thinking it's looking like we're coming to the end when in fact we may just be moving into the next phase.
I'm at a different stage of life as you, but no doubt this is adversely impacting everyone.

I'm frustrated that more questions are not being asked about the origins of this virus. We need to know one way or another in order to better understand how to prevent this happening again in the future, whether it came from natural origins or a lab leak occurred.

I never imagined my mid to late 20s would consist of lockdowns and being robbed of the prime years of my life. It's deflating how this is never ending.

When did he promise no more lockdowns.
Last I heard he said that lockdowns were a thing of the past unless he has expert advice to the contrary.
And he specifically said that he would never rule any health advice response out of the equation.

I'm at a different stage of life as you, but no doubt this is adversely impacting everyone.

I'm frustrated that more questions are not being asked about the origins of this virus. We need to know one way or another in order to better understand how to prevent this happening again in the future, whether it came from natural origins or a lab leak occurred.

I never imagined my mid to late 20s would consist of lockdowns and being robbed of the prime years of my life. It's deflating how this is never ending.

Just would take a lot more to Happen then it use to be

Hopefully the majority are enjoying their "temporary " freedom. Might get Christmas out of the way then good ole Omicron will have a lot of the country lock downed early new year. How much longer can this go on?

Would have to get Pretty Bad to go back to Full Lockdown

No doubt the poor souls out on the streets right now will believe this new variant to be just another hoax.
But no one benefits from lockdowns so we need to press ahead with vaccinations and booster shots. And restrictions for those who don’t want to be part of the solution.
Its heartening to read about how much easier it is to alter MRNA vaccines to fight variants once you get the genome of the original virus. Which they already have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back