The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I am due my Booster in about a Month but would it worth waiting a Bit Longer to see what Happens with this new Variant and IF need a Booster for it?

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
1638050413831.png

Interesting, as only "vaccinated" people are allowed to travel into Australia and other countries.

View attachment 1288632

Interesting, as only "vaccinated" people are allowed to travel into Australia and other countries.

Vaccines won't eliminate the risk of contagion, they just reduce it. That's not news and it's a little disingenuous on your part to throw this chestnut around.

What vaccines will do is virtually eliminate the risk of serious disease in otherwise healthy people.

The evidence before your eyes is Victoria's high caseload but low death rate. Should you require any more evidence take a little stroll though your local ICU.

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Vaccines won't eliminate the risk of contagion, they just reduce it. That's not news and it's a little disingenuous on your part to throw this chestnut around.

What vaccines will do is virtually eliminate the risk of serious disease in otherwise healthy people.

The evidence before your eyes is Victoria's high caseload but low death rate. Should you require any more evidence take a little stroll though your local ICU.
just stating a fact mate, nothing disingenuous about it at all. Hearing a lot of reports that health professionals are not sure if the current vaccine works on Omicron, I'm hoping it does.

just stating a fact mate, nothing disingenuous about it at all. Hearing a lot of reports that health professionals are not sure if the current vaccine works on Omicron, I'm hoping it does.

That's fair and accurate. They don't know what the immune response to Omicron is as yet. Hence the caution.

It's going to be bloody contagious, but there's a fair chance it's less deadly.

We don't know mate. Until the authorities are confident that the current vaccines are effective in preventing serious symptoms the caution is fully justified.

Should Omicron prove to be more deadly know that you'll be the new K**by. :)

We don't know mate. Until the authorities are confident that the current vaccines are effective in preventing serious symptoms the caution is fully justified.

Should Omicron prove to be more deadly know that you'll be the new K**by. :)
Not sure that "fair chance" is Kirby worthy. Mine is more a straw clutch.

I'll be watching the Saffer death stats. Lots of cases. Low vaccination rate. Only 8 deaths yesterday. Admittedly there's usually a few weeks lag between cases and deaths.

It's going to keep mutating. Long term, highly infectious strains that don't kill many people is the best hope. That's probably not omicron, but who knows yet.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Dangerous"? Where's the evidence to support that description?

All we know so far is it's more transmissible than Delta.

Think it's just the Media over blowing something yet again

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
i just looked at the rupertnews site and it said a country had closed its borders....before I clicked, i said to myself, thats israel ....and it was...

which means to me that we should follow israel's lead and shut down all borders immediately....and not open them until israel does

Remove this Banner Ad

Back