The Serious Covid Thread - For Those Who Want Serious Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Went down in the lift from my floor with 4 unmasked young people already congregated inside. As I stepped in I almost stepped out again, but had the NDIS beagle with me who was immediately swallowed up by the group patting and praising his sweetness and desirability. If I am going to catch the virus it will be in a lift with one of these maskless creations breathing covid fumes over me. If only the dog were more discerning in the manner in which he dispenses his love to all he meets.
Swap the beagle for a rottweiler

This is unacceptable Dan.
And ScoMo.
Time to bring in the army.
Surely they an do the cleaning. Surely they can do the cooking, washing up, even administer pills and keep the stores full of simple things like plastic cups.
What do we pay our defence forces for if not to respond to a national emergency?

Because whenever something comes up about Covid you immediately jump to a lockdown as being the answer.

There won't be any more lockdowns mate.

Hopefully Not but I talked to some people and I get they be Happy for Lockdown to come back with High Numbers in Hospitals.

I not a Fan of Lockdown but I do think SOME Restricions could come in like what is allowed Open and How many in 1 Place at 1 Time.

Hopefully Case numbers keep going Down so won't come to that

F OFF Dan.
Why should I continue to suffer pain every night, every day? Why should I have to take painkillers to sleep?
Why is my surgery delayed in favour of people who only want to breed?
I’m waiting for two surgeries. A shoulder replacement, which is the source of the pain. And one to clean up bone growth that is occurring after the removal of the inverted papilloma tumour, that is now distorting my right eyeball.
And I’m not the only one. People in pain waiting for hip replacements just so they can walk to the shops.
And he wants to divert scarce resources to this?
F Off Dan.

F OFF Dan.
Why should I continue to suffer pain every night, every day? Why should I have to take painkillers to sleep?
I’m waiting for two surgeries. A shoulder replacement, which is the source of the pain. And one to clean up bone growth that is occurring after the removal of the inverted papilloma tumour, that is now distorting my right eyeball.
And I’m not the only one. People in pain waiting for hip replacements just so they can walk to the shops.
F Off Dan.
When my cousin at the age of 44 with her 54 yr old husband decided to have kids and had to resort to several IVF treatments at public expense to successfully conceive and give birth, I was somewhat outraged. They could have had children much earlier in life as they owned two inner city houses and both had good jobs, but left it till the last possible moment. As a result when their son was born, he had a deformity in a leg which required amputation at the age of 2 and prosthetic fittings every 6 months plus had an ear stuck to his head.

He has grown into a soppy, mollycoddled child with 2 parents who are far too old to genuinely interact recreationally with him, other than to enjoy a card or board game.

IVF is like cosmetic surgery. It is not a life and death situation and in so many cases could have been avoided in one way or another.

So I completely agree with you. Dan is undoubtedly to blame, which leads me to trot out my usual garden gnome image as you call it to signify that he has indeed done the wrong thing by you and many other Victorians.

When my cousin at the age of 44 with her 54 yr old husband decided to have kids and had to resort to several IVF treatments at public expense to successfully conceive and give birth, I was somewhat outraged. They could have had children much earlier in life as they owned two inner city houses and both had good jobs, but left it till the last possible moment. As a result when their son was born, he had a deformity in a leg which required amputation at the age of 2 and prosthetic fittings every 6 months plus had an ear stuck to his head.

He has grown into a soppy, mollycoddled child with 2 parents who are far too old to genuinely interact recreationally with him, other than to enjoy a card or board game.

IVF is like cosmetic surgery. It is not a life and death situation and in so many cases could have been avoided in one way or another.

So I completely agree with you. Dan is undoubtedly to blame, which leads me to trot out my usual garden gnome image as you call it to signify that he has indeed done the wrong thing by you and many other Victorians.

Man you had me, had me deep…….. I almost turned for you….
But, but, but… you ruined it.
You know what you did.

F OFF Dan.
F Off Dan.
Sorry to hear it, I managed to sneak in during 2020 in a small gap in lockdowns and restrictions to get an umbilical hernia repaired. Turned out to be 3 of them. Can you go Private?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Not but I talked to some people and I get they be Happy for Lockdown to come back with High Numbers in Hospitals.

I not a Fan of Lockdown but I do think SOME Restricions could come in like what is allowed Open and How many in 1 Place at 1 Time.

Hopefully Case numbers keep going Down so won't come to that
There are restrictions in place.
Density limits (how many people in 1 place at 1 time) , masks indoors, dance floors closed.

The horse has bolted as far as lockdowns go, Omicron spreads too easily. The best protection is for as many people as possible to get the booster shot as soon as they can, that's the only way to slow the spread. The indications are that we're approaching the peak with around 250,000 people currently (reported) actively infected in Victoria, (real number probably double at least) so cases in hospital should start to properly trend down over the next few weeks.

F OFF Dan.
F Off Dan.

I hear you, I’m waiting on shoulder surgery too. Rotator cuff tears in 2 of the 4 tendons, 1 with a full tear and the other with a partial 4mm tear. Throw in adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder) and it’s not been a pleasant 6 months for me. I’m on the surgery waiting list since November with no date and now elective surgery paused again for who knows how long, the system never got back to full capacity from the last lockdown and suspension. There would have to be private hospital backlogs of 6 months at least now. I was hopeful of getting it done in March but there’s zero chance of that, I’ll be lucky to get it done before July. This is with full “gold” level private hospital health insurance. I really feel for those on public hospital waiting lists.

Whilst I empathise with those needing IVF treatment, it shouldn’t be given priority over those needing procedures for debilitating conditions, cancer treatment and colonoscopies and the like.

Sorry to hear it, I managed to sneak in during 2020 in a small gap in lockdowns and restrictions to get an umbilical hernia repaired. Turned out to be 3 of them. Can you go Private?
I should have done the shoulder on Workcover. But I thought I’d do the right thing by my employer.
More fool me.

Well we don't want to have Cases Skyrocket IF People are just allowed to do what they want even IF they have Covid.
The decision by all governments, well maybe not WA, is to let the virus “run”.
And as I’ve stated before, letting it run on the premise that Omicron is not deadly, denies the fact that Delta is still out there and killing people.

i find this post highly offensive to everyone who had problems conceiving a child no matter what age they were

i find this post highly offensive to everyone who had problems conceiving a child no matter what age they were
I find your rage highly offensive.
The medical facilities that are used in this procedure should be directed elsewhere.
Its not like the world population is decreasing and we need to do something about it.
Overpopulation is killing this planet. Best thing anyone can do to stop global warming, to stop pollution, is to not reproduce.
Simple fact.

I figured I would offend at least one poster, probably many more. Sorry but while I feel sorry for couples who have to access IVF because they are unable to conceive, I have a problem with people who voluntarily leave conceiving a child until their mid 40's, risking defects to the child and expecting the public to pay for their decision to delay having children to the point where they are easily old enough to be the child's grandparent. I also don't believe that IVF treatment should occur at the expense of urgent surgery.

I find your rage highly offensive.
The medical facilities that are used in this procedure should be directed elsewhere.
Its not like the world population is decreasing and we need to do something about it.
Overpopulation is killing this planet. Best thing anyone can do to stop global warming, to stop pollution, is to not reproduce.
Simple fact.
I figured I would offend at least one poster, probably many more. Sorry but while I feel sorry for couples who have to access IVF because they are unable to conceive, I have a problem with people who voluntarily leave conceiving a child until their mid 40's, risking defects to the child and expecting the public to pay for their decision to delay having children to the point where they are easily old enough to be the child's grandparent. I also don't believe that IVF treatment should occur at the expense of urgent surgery.so
Fine, you have judged people who you probably don't know well who have had kids at an older age go through a painful, expensive and long process with no guarantees to conceive as selfish people who got a "defective child" and got what they deserved. That's a disgusting thought process and highly judgmental.

Fine, you have judged people who you probably don't know well who have had kids at an older age go through a painful, expensive and long process with no guarantees to conceive as selfish people who got a "defective child" and got what they deserved. That's a disgusting thought process and highly judgmental.
I haven‘t judged them on age.
I don’t believe any age is appropriate for diverting medical resources from real medical issues.
I don’t disagree with the notion that having children late in life is a mistake, by IVF or natural means, because you are effectively being grandparents to a child. Even though you are the parent.

The decision by all governments, well maybe not WA, is to let the virus “run”.
And as I’ve stated before, letting it run on the premise that Omicron is not deadly, denies the fact that Delta is still out there and killing people.
Part of letting it run is to get rid of Delta.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back