Society & Culture The Sesh

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought a "sesh" is just drinking alcohol. These are all drug stories.

The biggest seshs I've had were a combination of alcohol and drugs, just drinking alcohol you can probably only go for 12 hours max before you want to crash but throw some drugs in the mix and they can turn into 24 hour benders or even longer.

Back in my pill popping days in London we would quite often go whole weekends on a combo of booze and ecstasy with next to no sleep, the eccies would counteract the booze so instead of crashing out drunk you would keep on going and drink even more. We weren't pillheads that just drank water and sucked lollipops while dancing to rave music in clubs, we drank even more booze than we normally did while talking s**t to people in pubs and bars.

It was great fun but the downside was that you would have a 3 day hangover instead of a regular 1 day hangover from just drinking alcohol.

The biggest seshs I've had were a combination of alcohol and drugs, just drinking alcohol you can probably only go for 12 hours max before you want to crash but throw some drugs in the mix and they can turn into 24 hour benders or even longer.

Back in my pill popping days in London we would quite often go whole weekends on a combo of booze and ecstasy with next to no sleep, the eccies would counteract the booze so instead of crashing out drunk you would keep on going and drink even more. We weren't pillheads that just drank water and sucked lollipops while dancing to rave music in clubs, we drank even more booze than we normally did while talking s**t to people in pubs and bars.

It was great fun but the downside was that you would have a 3 day hangover instead of a regular 1 day hangover from just drinking alcohol.
I'm a little too old for it now but I could back up two, three days back when all I had to go to was a uni class. You get home about 3am, you sleep until lunchtime, go to the footy for a few hours and by 5 or 6 at least one of your group would be feeling like a beer so you'd persevere through three or four and then you'd be back on.

Drugs are pretty s**t for it, for me, as soon as you stop and people go home you do too and it's very hard to pick yourself back up when you've got a weird headache and you're anxious about ever feeling normal and not shaky and vulnerable again. Coming down for two days and not being able to see sunlight, or being unable to eat or sleep properly is one of the worst feelings... that sadness and pointlessness you feel is *in awful too.

There's also the issue of when you go through a period of sadness, boredom, or that feeling of pointlessness (I just quit a job and got a degree so I do nothing with my days) again you end up wondering if the drugs did you some sort of permanent damage with serotonin levels.

The way people abuse drugs, especially young people, and the way they back up four or five days by continually having two a night is *in beyond me. People do forget this s**t is harmful with abuse. Just because people accentuate how bad it is, doesn't mean it's not bad.

It was goon pong when we played it.
Even edgier.

Drugs are pretty s**t for it, for me, as soon as you stop and people go home you do too and it's very hard to pick yourself back up when you've got a weird headache and you're anxious about ever feeling normal and not shaky and vulnerable again. Coming down for two days and not being able to see sunlight, or being unable to eat or sleep properly is one of the worst feelings... that sadness and pointlessness you feel is ****in awful too.

Stop doing meth then.

I'm a little too old for it now but I could back up two, three days back when all I had to go to was a uni class. You get home about 3am, you sleep until lunchtime, go to the footy for a few hours and by 5 or 6 at least one of your group would be feeling like a beer so you'd persevere through three or four and then you'd be back on.

Drugs are pretty s**t for it, for me, as soon as you stop and people go home you do too and it's very hard to pick yourself back up when you've got a weird headache and you're anxious about ever feeling normal and not shaky and vulnerable again. Coming down for two days and not being able to see sunlight, or being unable to eat or sleep properly is one of the worst feelings... that sadness and pointlessness you feel is ****in awful too.

There's also the issue of when you go through a period of sadness, boredom, or that feeling of pointlessness (I just quit a job and got a degree so I do nothing with my days) again you end up wondering if the drugs did you some sort of permanent damage with serotonin levels.

The way people abuse drugs, especially young people, and the way they back up four or five days by continually having two a night is ****in beyond me. People do forget this s**t is harmful with abuse. Just because people accentuate how bad it is, doesn't mean it's not bad.

That was one of the good things about living in a big share house in London, when you were coming down off the drugs you had other people around that were going through the same thing so you weren't on your own, as you can feel very vulnerable and depressed when you're on your own in that state.

That was one of the reasons Michael Hutchence died as he was coming down off drugs on his own and didn't have people around him to comfort him.

Mark Linkous from Sparklehorse went the same way as Hutchence, brilliant songwriter that loved the drugs but couldn't handle the comedown on his own.

Does anyone else cringe at beer pong? Never got it. And it seems a game where you don't even really get drunk... stop starting, drinking small amounts of 4-5.5% alcohol over an hour or so is the weirdest way to get pissed. Why can't you just sit down and drink normally and keep the fun and entertainment coming from s**t talking?

Never heard of it until recently.

I don't think it matters. Have a true sesh you don't care what you do as long as it's entertaining.

Sparklehorse supported Radiohead on one of their European tours back in the 90s.

They also did a cover version of Pink Floyd together.

Only Colin Greenwood paid tribute to Mark Linkous when he passed away.

Thoughts Silent Alarm?

I put it to you that the rest of Radiohead are unfeeling arseholes.

Sparklehorse supported Radiohead on one of their European tours back in the 90s.

They also did a cover version of Pink Floyd together.

Only Colin Greenwood paid tribute to Mark Linkous when he passed away.

Thoughts Silent Alarm?

I put it to you that the rest of Radiohead are unfeeling arseholes.

How would you know? It's the modern day equivalent of someone dying and everyone rushing to Twitter. A few lyrics or characters ultimately mean nothing. Sure it's a nice gesture but how much of that s**t is sincere as opposed to just to be seen or protect the brand?

How would you know? It's the modern day equivalent of someone dying and everyone rushing to Twitter. A few lyrics or characters ultimately mean nothing. Sure it's a nice gesture but how much of that s**t is sincere as opposed to just to be seen or protect the brand?

That's what I was getting at, if you don't tweet your condolences in public now like Colin Greenwood did people assume the rest of the band are arseholes.

Why didn't Thom Yorke tweet something? He might have paid his respects in private but we need to see a tweet from him to show he cares.

Thom doesn't tweet much; too busy with his hot new Italian girlfriend I think. But seriously the guy uses it for angry political tweets about the environment being ****ed and how dull his kid's futures are. It's not a twitter account like most.

Didn't Michael Hutchence try auto-erotic asphyxiating?

Thom doesn't tweet much; too busy with his hot new Italian girlfriend I think. But seriously the guy uses it for angry political tweets about the environment being ****** and how dull his kid's futures are. It's not a twitter account like most.

Didn't Michael Hutchence try auto-erotic asphyxiating?

Auto erotic-asphyxiating at 5am? Seems an elaborate way to have a wank at that hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was a great sesh.

https://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/aletrail/edinburgh

The infamous Edinburgh Ale Trail.

Me and my mate were like.

challenge_accepted__by_cakemonsta-d37gl7x.png

You had to drink one pint at each pub to get a stamp but being the sociable lads we were we drank 2 or 3 pints so by the last pub we were smashed.

We got our shirts for completing the trail and then we ended up in a pool game, I remember lining up the white ball and falling arse over backwards.

That's the last thing I remember.

Last edited:
Does anyone else cringe at beer pong? Never got it. And it seems a game where you don't even really get drunk... stop starting, drinking small amounts of 4-5.5% alcohol over an hour or so is the weirdest way to get pissed. Why can't you just sit down and drink normally and keep the fun and entertainment coming from s**t talking?

I ******* hate it. The beer gets warm very quickly and depending on how unskilled the players are it can take over an hour to complete a game. You end up drinking the equivalent of one beer when you could have had three or four in that time.

Beer pong is for insecure people who don't like getting pissed without something to blame it on

I ******* hate it. The beer gets warm very quickly and depending on how unskilled the players are it can take over an hour to complete a game. You end up drinking the equivalent of one beer when you could have had three or four in that time.

Beer pong is for insecure people who don't like getting pissed without something to blame it on
I once got sucked into it years ago when a mate was going overseas to study and I wanted to catch up, so we went to his friend's. We ended up playing it and I barely got pissed but woke up with a pretty bad hangover. I had a six pack of Coopers Pale Ale and it ended up tasting absolutely filthy as it does when it's not fridge-cold.

It's for chicks and *heads.

It really is a head scratcher when I see blokes I know on Snapchat playing it for 2-3 hours before going out somewhere. It's not that bad if you're at a house all day and you're a bit bored but when you've got a 2-3 hour period before going out somewhere it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Much better drinking beers, standing around and watching the footy instead. Plus, drinking beer out of plastic cups is ******* awful.

Mark Linkous from Sparklehorse went the same way as Hutchence, brilliant songwriter that loved the drugs but couldn't handle the comedown on his own.

Not terribly on thread topic......but Sparklehorse (Mark Linkous) were brilliant. Get yourself Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot and work your way through.

I've got a few. Probably posted them in that terra skwod forum at some point.

One of them was a post-football training session session. We had a bye on the Saturday so the Friday night was just a f***ing shitfest. At that stage I was living on the lounge with a famous Australian athlete (he was well behaved) and two other close mates. We had most of the footy team over, they left around two. Those remaining somehow crammed ourselves into what was essentially a two person spa (we got 4-5 in there at one point) and just got worse and worse. Naturally nudity ensued. Anyway, in a daze at about 6.30am I went to walk out the front for a smoke, noticed it was daylight - thought about going out the back, thought better of it.

The long and the short of it was that I sat stark naked on the front steps in broad daylight puffing away.... while a dozen bargain hunters browsed a garage sail next door about 10 feet away. Not my finest hour.

I'll think of others in time.

Broke up with the missus on drawn GF day, early mind you. Had a massive win on Lenny Hayes for Normy, hit the syrup like it was water.

Walked back to a mates house in East Richmond (NSW) and was standing at the boom gates waiting for the last train to go through......only had an old Hawkesbury Saints guernsey on, the woollen Sekem variety, and the old footy shorts with the buttons on the side, real 'see the veins in your plums' kind of shorts.

Woken up by numerous car horns coz I fell asleep on said boom gate and traffic in our sleepy little town was backed up miles (probably about 12 cars each side)

Some bloke throws me over his shoulder, into his car, I wake up at home the next day. Butt hole not violated thankfully.

Turns out it was my boss in traffic that took me home. Still with about 1500 in my wallet. And, again, very important, butthole intact.

Very tame effort that night, I'll leave some bigger efforts in the Cross for when others share their stories.

The Cross >>> all

Any seshs on the go for this weekend? Intending to reach Charlie sheen meltdown levels of loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back