Media The Seven Deadliest Posters in the Sweet FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Otto, you of all folk should know philosophy cannot be put on hold. what we have here is an outfit struggling to move from feudal modes off administration.
Chimps read philosophy they just don't understand it.

I agree. Every flog that joins the Committee and starts talking about rules should be banned.
many people should be banned but life can be cruel

Do we really want people like Ned_Flanders AceAndy (who seems very nice but has only been here 10 seconds) and whoever the Bombers make as their committee rep shaping the league? I say no
Nothing wrong with Ned_Flanders and AceAndy having their opinion Harvey.

Whether or not you like Neddy he is a funny, antagonistic poster that creates a bit of discussion, albeit from a dumpster.

Acey is the complete opposite and has a sort of etiquette that many on here don’t. Whether he’s been here 10 seconds or not is irrelevant. Having the same 10-15 voices beating their chests about the same bullshit for so many seasons isn’t fun. It’s just not.

Some foamers say the league is dying.

I say the league is evolving.

New blood, fresh faces, fresh air.

Everyone deserves to have their say, as all opinions are differing. The league is made up by many different characters, some may offer a conflicting view, but that is what makes the league better, what creates discussion, what creates conflict.

Having 12 Javier Georgejetsons or 12 Antonio BlueVeins in the committee room wouldn’t be much fun for the league now would it?

Would probably be fun for us though as we would’ve found a way to clone ourselves, victory would be ours.

Don’t you worry about the Bombers mate, whoever becomes our replacement in the committee is out of your control.

Rules?

The Bombers are autonomous, join the revolution.

To quote an early theoretician of revolution, "Meh". There is little value in anarchy per se, beyond the early predictions of the Adam Smiths of rock and proletariat.

Of course I like Ned and I do think he's funny.

I have great respect for the Bombers and what they bring to the league but the committee is not there thing. It's not my thing either I'm much more comfortable talking s**t with you guys.

Let's not put a dickhead in from every club just for the sake of it I would rather have 8 or 6 committed people in there even if it meant only 4 or 5 clubs were represented than what we have now. 2 members didn't even vote in the admin selection

It's a joke and look where it's led us.

I have great respect for the Bombers and what they bring to the league but the committee is not there thing. It's not my thing either I'm much more comfortable talking s**t with you guys.

Let's not put a dickhead in from every club just for the sake of it I would rather have 8 or 6 committed people in there even if it meant only 4 or 5 clubs were represented than what we have now. 2 members didn't even vote in the admin selection

Fair points you make.

I’m not one for rules but I still think each club should have a voice in the committee, and the club itself should appoint someone who will vote and will take it seriously.

As serious as a fantasy league allows, of course 🙂

How would I know what you have voted on or which way you voted?

Here's what I do know, the fact that you have a vote undermines the league.

If I were in charge you would have to pass a test to join the committee which rules out the furies, dragons and 90% of the bombers
So I must have been in that 10% ....cause I did pass grade 6 ....took a few attempts mind you, but I passed the test

Quality post.

The current system is a hybrid of feudalism and nascent industrialisation. It is fundamentally flawed. You could have the best folk representing their Clubs on the Committee and it is still a fekked-up-a-thon.

The relationship between the Committee and the Admin is screwed not because of the poor individuals involved be it Ant Bear and his unhappy predecessors or the current Club reps. It is systemic flaws.

At some stage I expect Clubs will cede their control to a Commission of some form - a bit like that minor AFL comp. This will happen in the name of efficiency, social capital formation and supposed elimination of self interest. As Keating, that noted right wing didact, once noted "In any contest always back self interest. It may not always win, but at least you know it's trying".

Look at you fire up princess.

My point stands.

I'm not sure any of you should be voting on important issues inside or outside of the league.
So who decides who's qualified to vote on Committee ? .....who understands the person behind the persona, and their ability to make qualified decisions ? ......it's the clubs, thats who

(Log in to remove this ad.)

within reason Anthony.
maybe.
pre Google Question, who are the Sex Pistols (nervous of the answer).

Post Google, nevermind.
Who is Anthony ?

Seriously who are the Sex Pistols?

So who decides who's qualified to vote on Committee ? .....who understands the person behind the persona, and their ability to make qualified decisions ? ......it's the clubs, thats who
Lete use the Dragons as an example, no offence to AceAndy who is doing a great job there, but because the club is s**t and the last captain walked out we have a guy sitting on the committee who has been here for 10 seconds rather than the best person for the job.

I have no idea what goes on in the committee room and Andy may actually be a great rep but my point is let's get 6,8 or 10 of the right people in there and forget about this stupid notion that all clubs deserve or even want a seat at the table. No club would be harmed by not having a rep

Lete use the Dragons as an example, no offence to AceAndy who is doing a great job there, but because the club is s**t and the last captain walked out we have a guy sitting on the committee who has been here for 10 seconds rather than the best person for the job.

I have no idea what goes on in the committee room and Andy may actually be a great rep but my point is let's get 6,8 or 10 of the right people in there and forget about this stupid notion that all clubs deserve or even want a seat at the table. No club would be harmed by not having a rep
You kind of contradict yourself.... Andy is a great guy and people can surprise or rise to the occasion. Being an open forum we never know who or what quality a person can bring to the table. Being honest I PM many guys who fool around but adjust the sincerity when tasked. I feel Andy is the perfect person for the job in hand, people can surprise and inspire.

Just tagging him AceAndy answer my last PM!

Last edited:

I'll say AceAndy recognises his short time in the SFA ....that doesn't diminish his decision making ...he does take in all the arguments by the experienced reps ....and remember, decisions most often are derived by the clubs LG

IMO the Committee operates fine, and majority voting takes care of the Donkey vote ....but I take onboad the need for clubs to put up the right rep ....but you won't win the argument of a club being unrepresented

Last edited:
You kind of contradict yourself.... Andy is a great guy and people can surprise or rise to the occasion. Being an open forum we never know who or what quality a person can bring to the table. Being honest I PM many guys who fool around but adjust the sincerity when tasked. I feel Andy is the perfect person for the job in hand, people can surprise and inspire.

Just tagging him AceAndy answer my last PM!
Didn't your parents teach you to be quiet when the adults are talking?

You completely missed my point

Well yes but you could have done it in style, besides it never should have gone to a vote in the first place.

Do we really want people like Ned_Flanders AceAndy (who seems very nice but has only been here 10 seconds) and whoever the Bombers make as their committee rep shaping the league? I say no

The concept that each team gets a vote looks good on paper but the cold hard truth of this place is 4 - 6 clubs hold this league together and the rest are here to make up the numbers. And some of them can't even do that right.

That sounds lovely but this isn't the place for democracy, it clearly doesn't work here at this time, and we can debate the reasons as to why it has failed but philosophy isn't the answer I believe. At least not right now and surely you could have seen that?

Look at you fire up princess.

My point stands.

I'm not sure any of you should be voting on important issues inside or outside of the league.

Piss of bringing Ned_Flanders into this, he is a great rep for the Furies and does an outstanding job in creating the fantasy that is the SFA.

I have got to know Ned well after 4 seasons playing with him, with 2 being in the LG, and he has got his s**t together, regardless of all the s**t he throws at other people. If the committee had more of him we would get more done.

4-6 clubs hold this league together, LMFAO now that is some fantasy stuff.
We have 12 clubs with people who don't get paid or made to be here keeping this comp going.

Posting elitist crap like that does more harm to the SFA than having what you consider inexperienced, no name club reps on the committee.

Pick your game up Harvey Manfrenjensenden and be part of the solution, not the problem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back