The SFA Rap/Hip Hop Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, might not be up your alley but one of this years XXL freshmen dropped his debut project. Aminè - Good for you

Easily the most talented of this years class imo, very unique sound that blends rap, rnb and pop. I know this reads like an advert but I've been following him from his soundcloud days and it's great to see him get all these W's.
Xxxtentacion is the most talented by far. Ridiculous amount of diversity

Xxxtentacion is the most talented by far. Ridiculous amount of diversity
I'll have to disagree by far.

Diversity =/= good, almost all of his tracks have been awful apart from his signature 'Look at me!' (which while catchy, is really just carried by the production).

I can't see him lasting long, if he doesn't end up back in prison he'll fade away when his fans move to the new meme rapper.

He's better than Carti at least.

I'll have to disagree by far.

Diversity =/= good, almost all of his tracks have been awful apart from his signature 'Look at me!' (which while catchy, is really just carried by the production).

I can't see him lasting long, if he doesn't end up back in prison he'll fade away when his fans move to the new meme rapper.

He's better than Carti at least.
Have you actually listened to his lesser know tracks like skin, snow, I spoke to the devil in Miami? Carti, X and ugly god are all streaks ahead of amine.

Have you actually listened to his lesser know tracks like skin, snow, I spoke to the devil in Miami? Carti, X and ugly god are all streaks ahead of amine.
I understand your taste in hiphop but I gotta disagree.

Carti and X are both carried by beats, and yeah I've heard all those, X can't actually rap that well, or sing, or well, be interesting.

Like he's young and has a lot of time to improve but right now he's just's bluffing.

Carti is fun dumb turn off your brain music, he rides beats well but offers not much else, his performance at XXL was hilariously bad.

His food show isn't half bad either.

Not a fan of his flow at all, but he's a funny ****.

It's like vegemite. Admittedly, this is the first stuff I've heard since Blue Chips 2.

Which reminds me, can everyone please recommend some mixtapes at me.

It's like vegemite. Admittedly, this is the first stuff I've heard since Blue Chips 2.

Which reminds me, can everyone please recommend some mixtapes at me.

That's my favourite mixtape/album from this year (and will most likely be my no.1 at the end of the year).

Quick review of the albums that released recently

Brockhampton - Saturation II, really good, improvement on first, 8/10
Lil uzi - LUV is Rage 2, it's ok, a few standouts but too much filler, 5/10
XXXTentacion - 17, bad, bad, bad, bad. Cringy as * - 1/10
ASAP Mov - Cozy Tapes 2, this just shows only Rocky and Ferg are worthwhile in the asap mob, get Carti off every song. 2/10

The new wiki album isn't bad. Pretty experimental in places.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first radio show style thing. Basically only a little bit of hip hop, but all songs are things that you could potentially sample if you were a producer. All records in this set are ones I own.

BigJoeD_

My first radio show style thing. Basically only a little bit of hip hop, but all songs are things that you could potentially sample if you were a producer. All records in this set are ones I own.

BigJoeD_

Sweet, I'll have a listen tonight :thumbsu:

BigJoeD_

* yes, I'm lowkey producing on the side and stuff like this is 100% amazing.

**** yes, I'm lowkey producing on the side and stuff like this is 100% amazing.

Well, more to come then! Gimme some feedback. I've also made tracks in the past and I'll do it again eventually

BigJoeD_

Needless to say I've found what I'm going to be listening to for the next period of time (I didn't realize it was an hour and a half, so may be a push to get through tonight).

Also - If I cared for singles enough to list them (normally, I can't even work out what to show as "singles" off an album), this would feature highly.

Needless to say I've found what I'm going to be listening to for the next period of time (I didn't realize it was an hour and a half, so may be a push to get through tonight).

Also - If I cared for singles enough to list them (normally, I can't even work out what to show as "singles" off an album), this would feature highly.

Thanks mate!!

Thanks mate!!

Not a fan of the echo, but that's probably the only (and admittedly) minor complaint I have with the show. Was an enjoyable listen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back