The SFA Rap/Hip Hop Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hip hop is at an all time high tbh

I disagree, it's going through a renaissance of sorts, but still isn't at an early to mid 90s level in terms of how many strong releases have come out.

I disagree, it's going through a renaissance of sorts, but still isn't at an early to mid 90s level in terms of how many strong releases have come out.

Agreed. I much prefer the old school rap but there is plenty of good stuff still going around. Below is my favourite all time diss song, just beats Hit Em Up and Ether. Eminem is at his best when he is angry.

Agreed. I much prefer the old school rap but there is plenty of good stuff still going around. Below is my favourite all time diss song, just beats Hit Em Up and Ether. Eminem is at his best when he is angry.

Well that song has made me interested in "re-discovering" Eminem, was into him as a kid but lost interest in rap; have never gone back to his work since getting back into it either.

Not a diss track, but a good showcase of one of the rappers I've really gotten into recently.

Eminem is honestly a pretty poor rapper, dude has awful flow.
A lot more variety than that era and I feel there is more depth as well.

I'll agree that while Eminem is a good lyricist, he sounds yuck.

But, hip hop is not an at all time high. There is a looooooot of junk at the forefront to sift though.

Probably personal taste but some of it almost doesn't qualify as music.

I'll agree that while Eminem is a good lyricist, he sounds yuck.

But, hip hop is not an at all time high. There is a looooooot of junk at the forefront to sift though.

Probably personal taste but some of it almost doesn't qualify as music.

Eminem is not one of my favourites but he has a damn good back catalog of work....as I said earlier, he is good when he is angry.

Eminem is not one of my favourites but he has a damn good back catalog of work....as I said earlier, he is good when he is angry.

I've heard all his stuff, but just personal taste is i don't really like the angry stuff. I think Eminem is best when he is "Slim Shady". imo Sage Francis does better angry rap, just has a cooler voice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back