WilloTree

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
getimage.jpg

This is Willie Riolli after he lost 16 kegs in a big pre-season. I lol'd when a mate pointed out he's comfortably nestling the footy on his gut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
My nom would be Heath Shaw round 1 and Stevie J of course. The Wundke one also came to mind. He played in an SANFL prelim. This year. Oh how we have dropped the ball

I did think Allen Jakovich held it in quite well at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

morsie

Senior List
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Another couple of names for the old timers - Richo's old man Alan " Bull" Richardson.About 6 inches shorter than his son but heavier and John Sudholz of South Melbourne.
In the 50s and 60s I reckon each team had a couple. of less than athletic types.

MonkeyMagik

Senior List
Oct 1, 2005
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Scotty Cummings, built like a fridge full of custard.
(Also an absolute legend off field)

Ashley Sampi would bugger off for the summer and fail every skin fold test know to man come first training back.

Willie Rioli in the WAFL looks like he could ruin a few Bunning's BBQs

Western Australia: Come here to get fat
Didn't West Coast confiscate Sampi's Hungry jacks discount card he got as part of the sponsorship?

Asada Mao

Team Captain
Feb 2, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Any idea whether Cale Morton has continued to pack on the kgs since being delisted or does him running away from players like Lade keep the weight off?

Bicco

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Going by Buddy's dad, he will be huge once he retires.
A sort of claim to fame is playing against Ben Cousins in an East Freo Juniors combined side. There was a teammate of his called Billy. A bit 'chubby' and pigeon toed. He picked up the ball a couple of metres in front of me. I took off after him rehearsing in my mind the perfect rolling tackle. Needless to say after 10m of running the gap was 5m and he laced a pass to a teammate. This guy could waddle faster than I could run. Sure taught me a lot that one moment. Its still a vivid memory.

Top Bottom