The Shane Warnes of Football: Overweight players

ShriekingShack

Senior List
Jun 9, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Shane Warne was a wonderful cricketer. He was also an absolute lump of a bloke. A lump of a bloke who managed to dominate the sport for over a decade. He loved his pies and booze and hated running, hence why he was parked at slips during the fielding sessions. The complete antithesis of your typical athlete made it to the elite level of his chosen sport and tore it up.

Which fat blokes do you remember playing football ? Good player or spud, it doesn't matter, this thread is dedicated to every single Jabba the Hut that has ever rolled out onto the ground to play at the elite level of our great game.

Ps: Feel free to recount stories of fat players during your playing days, or if you were said fatty tell us how you went.

Something tells me that a league that requires an elite, balanced athlete wouldn't have had many fat players over the years, unlike Cricket which doesn't require peak physical condition.

Or none for that matter.

Something tells me that a league that requires an elite, balanced athlete wouldn't have had many fat players over the years, unlike Cricket which doesn't require peak physical condition.

Or none for that matter.
Stewie Dew
Darren Jarman at times
Byron Pickett at times
Dean Rioli

BTs Nana

All Australian
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I get that he wasn't really but Fraser Gehrig always looked fat. I think it's cos he has the face of someone who should be fat.

Surely Darren Jarman takes the cake for post-retirement weight.

Fevola obviously loved a pie or seven coupled with his radio gig makes for some plus size footy.

MightyTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
4f106776ab4eab680a539e14bc4fb80f.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

I get that he wasn't really but Fraser Gehrig always looked fat. I think it's cos he has the face of someone who should be fat.....

That's Tom from Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels innit?

Tom, you're fat and look like you should be, but you're not.

Back