The Shane Warnes of Football: Overweight players

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Hodge

js17afl_hay_narrowweb__300x444.jpg

Mcgovern currently but boy can he play.

First person I thought of- you can tell he will balloon out to brownless size about 3 weeks after retirement.

What I think is interesting about Gov is how well he uses his girth when out positioning defenders- He's a master at using his considerable arse to keep forwards away from the drop of the ball.

Dean Rioli of past players.

Jarrad Waite and Stevie J of current players. Waite was known as "mudguts" at Carlton and apparently wasn't too happy with it.
Yep. I remember seeing him walking down Napier street near Windy hill during the season eating a pie and drinking a coke.

He was massively over weight

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I remember seeing him walking down Napier street near Windy hill during the season eating a pie and drinking a coke.

He was massively over weight

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He used to regularly rock up training early and sit around eating a couple of pies and wash it down with a coke. Sheedy just let him go. His training wasn't that vigorous!

He was such a gun, wonder how he would've been fit. Similar to Cyril I guess.

ironically i remember stewie dew having a cracker game in the grandy, i thought he would go close to the norm smith that day

Nah, not the NS, he floated in and out of the game.

But he broke the game open with 2 goals and 2 more involvements / assists in a 5 minute period

First person I thought of- you can tell he will balloon out to brownless size about 3 weeks after retirement.

What I think is interesting about Gov is how well he uses his girth when out positioning defenders- He's a master at using his considerable arse to keep forwards away from the drop of the ball.
Quite remarkable in todays game...overweight with no apparent natural athletic gifts, yet is arguably the best defender in the game

Scotty Cummings, built like a fridge full of custard.
(Also an absolute legend off field)

Ashley Sampi would bugger off for the summer and fail every skin fold test know to man come first training back.

Willie Rioli in the WAFL looks like he could ruin a few Bunning's BBQs

Western Australia: Come here to get fat
Willie looks like he hasn't lost any weight at all this year. Will be interesting to see him after another preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back