The Shane Warnes of Football: Overweight players

Remove this Banner Ad

Fev in his final year for the Lions was starting to show.
48d9819a-0381-467e-bf16-72b25f38973e
Wrfldeehopgf-01.jpg

After AFL footy he piled on the kegs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another couple of names for the old timers - Richo's old man Alan " Bull" Richardson.About 6 inches shorter than his son but heavier and John Sudholz of South Melbourne.
In the 50s and 60s I reckon each team had a couple. of less than athletic types.

Scotty Cummings, built like a fridge full of custard.
(Also an absolute legend off field)

Ashley Sampi would bugger off for the summer and fail every skin fold test know to man come first training back.

Willie Rioli in the WAFL looks like he could ruin a few Bunning's BBQs

Western Australia: Come here to get fat
Didn't West Coast confiscate Sampi's Hungry jacks discount card he got as part of the sponsorship?

Any idea whether Cale Morton has continued to pack on the kgs since being delisted or does him running away from players like Lade keep the weight off?

Going by Buddy's dad, he will be huge once he retires.
A sort of claim to fame is playing against Ben Cousins in an East Freo Juniors combined side. There was a teammate of his called Billy. A bit 'chubby' and pigeon toed. He picked up the ball a couple of metres in front of me. I took off after him rehearsing in my mind the perfect rolling tackle. Needless to say after 10m of running the gap was 5m and he laced a pass to a teammate. This guy could waddle faster than I could run. Sure taught me a lot that one moment. Its still a vivid memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back