MVP The Sheedy

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
You would have to think that had de Boer not been injured, he might have taken this one out.

Ifs, buts, maybes.

TT a deserved winner.
Absolutely - was a boltaway leader early on. Would have been the shock of the decade had a former DFA taken it out ahead of all the top 10 picks on the list ... but he had been brilliant for us since coming and especially this year (indeed, much to my surprise as I was one of those who thought WTF when we selected him).

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Absolutely - was a boltaway leader early on. Would have been the shock of the decade had a former DFA taken it out ahead of all the top 10 picks on the list ... but he had been brilliant for us since coming and especially this year (indeed, much to my surprise as I was one of those who thought WTF when we selected him).

Yep, I was one of those who commented “why would you move from Perth to Sydney to play NEAFL?”. Happy to eat my words on that one.

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Well deserved win for Taranto, also some nice speeches over the course of the evening but the best news was hearing that our head Head of Athletic Performance was leaving, and hopefully with him gone we will now get on top of our injury issues that have been a problem since he joined the club.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
He had an under-rated year. With Cameron winning the Coleman and Coniglio stringing two elite seasons together it would of been a open/shut case for outsiders who don't watch you guys a lot

Tim was massive. Hopper as well but both covered the loss of shiels and more importantly sometimea even consider running the other way when the ball is turned over.

Got yourself a very Very good young player. Played his role as good as you hope and hoping he can improve on this year because he certainly has potential.

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
but the best news was hearing that our head Head of Athletic Performance was leaving, and hopefully with him gone we will now get on top of our injury issues that have been a problem since he joined the club.

The recruitment strategy for that new position is of probably higher importance than everything but a better ruck outcome.

Back