Media The Sherminators 200th ...Time to Celebrate

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

Well it's an absolute pleasure this week to get out into the greater SFA Public & spruik one of the Leagues great stalwarts .....and all round good guy Shermy 's 200th Qooty match

Just think about this for a second ....average of 17 games per season ....200 games, that's an incredible 12 seasons of Qooty ....200 weeks of Bombers Matchday Banter, and really, only small signs of wear and tear

TightUnfoldedAdouri-size_restricted.gif

So how does the great man back up week after week .....playing that difficult role of Full Back

We sent our favorite Bombers reporter out to interview Shermy this week, in his winter chalet ....where he escapes the constant weekly grind of SFA media

753067 ....Kalanadhabhatta Satya Siva Srikrishnaanjaneya Phani Surya Srinivasa Aniruddha Narayana Sastry asked Shermy

1. Where did you start your SFA journey ? .....who was your first Captain ?

I was lucky enough to not be poached by anyone, I had to sniff this out myself. It was foreign, scary and most of all titillating.
I slid into the sign up thread and chose the Bombers because reasons. Gee Dub was the captain at that stage and showed me how Baghdad worked, gee that guy could win anything.

2. What was the SFA like when you first started playing

When I first started the teams were posted on stone tablets. I still remember the day when the carrier pigeons upgrade happened, didn't really work out for the Hawks, but everyone else was fine with it.

Team PM's weren't really a thing, was very much a sink of swim type feel in the match threads, but I had the original "spammer" Bengy so it was an easy transition.

Still think my favorite match thread involved the whore tree with the Warriors, I can only imagine the suspensions nowadays from that thread.
Media threads were heavily focused when I started, never really dabbled in them mainly because im lazy and it just screamed hard work.

3. What was the young Shermy like as a Qooty Player ...and how have you changed over the seasons.

Young Shermy had gusto, pizazz, limited staying power and occasionally played some good Qooty.
Current day Shermy is old, slow, angry at clouds and wind direction changes.

4. Suppose you've lost a bit of speed over the seasons?

Speed? I dont think I ever had any. Skill? nah never had much of that either.
I think I've just gotten better at getting cheap kicks.

5. Who were some of your teammates back in the early seasons ....and notable opponents, who are still playing

Teammates from back in the day. I'm not gonna lie, the Bombers had a decent group of muppets.

Smoooothy and I were the original Bash brothers, not a pair of sharper elbows in the comp. Jimmy1992 was awesome too, I miss that guy.
As for opponents, there are so many to mention that I just wont bother. Wacky Tiger started the same season as I and was always KOTD when it came to the sim, Flog!

6. What are some of the biggest changes you've seen in the SFA?

The SFA doesn't seem to change that much tbh. The most notable change is always the changing of the guard. Players come and go, but SFA just keeps on keeping on.

7. What disappoints you about today's modern game & posting in the SFA?

The only disappointment is people constantly whinging that other people post in a way they dont like

8. If you could make one change to how the SFA operates ...what would it be?

Scrap trade period, its bad and should feel bad.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well thanks for that insight into one of the true giants of the SFA .....finally, in closing the Baghdad Bombers Qootball Club on mass, would like send our heartfelt congratulations to an absolute legend of the SFA Ljp86 of the Dragons Football Club ....cheers mate, 450 games is a mammoth achievement

Shermy , that should get this thread a few more "likes" ;) .....enjoy the week ...you are also a legend, and legends deserve to be honored !!

dfe2f73620849684badd621b9ea706908e901708_hq.gif

5. Who were some of your teammates back in the early seasons ....and notable opponents, who are still playing

Teammates from back in the day. I'm not gonna lie, the Bombers had a decent group of muppets.

Smoooothy and I were the original Bash brothers, not a pair of sharper elbows in the comp. Jimmy1992 was awesome too, I miss that guy.
As for opponents, there are so many to mention that I just wont bother. Wacky Tiger started the same season as I and was always KOTD when it came to the sim, Flog!
Was so!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A massive congratulations Shermy:thumbsu: and good thread WaynesWorld19
I even added a cross promotion for Ljp86 's 450th to get extra likes ......obviously a mistake, should have chosen a Qooty Player who's popular ....or is remembered

Remove this Banner Ad

Back