Toast The Shrine of Shiggsy AKA Keith's Cage

Remove this Banner Ad

Love biggsy when he's good but god help me when he is bad it's just something else, just seems to really struggle to think under pressure. One week away obviously wasn't enough to scare him

Just like to say i am an uashamed fan of biggsy's so i may be a touch biased at times.
I read some of the comments about him on this thread and others befor i watched the game and thought ok he had an absolute shocker. But i though would sit down with pen in hand and mark his posessions good and bad. Good being clean efficient disposal directly to a team mate. Pass being a disposal that didnt get to team mate but also didnt result in a turn over. And bad being disposal that was a turn over. And sed how bad he really was.
Tally: good disposals 16
Pass 2
Bad 0
Other notes
Had a couple of bad fumbles.
Easy mark which he fumbled an dropped but went after the ball and received the free.
And a couple of others which were under pressure which most should have held on too and couple if look at and go the effort was there and thats good.
Was beaten by zorko in goal square in one on one. Which resulted in goal. Unlucky to be given 50 m penalty against for over stepping mark. If watch closely he does take couple of steps back after being shown the mark. So good spoil ended being a goal. Guess need to make sure umpire see's those couple of steps you take back from mark.
Had a few good one on one's in the forward fifty and around the ground as every player does.
All in all his game wasnt as bad as thought was going to be after reading some posts.
Diposals while not setting world on fire were mostly good and hitting targets. A little bit fumbly receiving ball. Seems to be a touch down on confidence.
Dont think needs to be dropped though. Wasnt the worst out there today.

Will never ever forget!!!

Just like to say i am an uashamed fan of biggsy's so i may be a touch biased at times.
I read some of the comments about him on this thread and others befor i watched the game and thought ok he had an absolute shocker. But i though would sit down with pen in hand and mark his posessions good and bad. Good being clean efficient disposal directly to a team mate. Pass being a disposal that didnt get to team mate but also didnt result in a turn over. And bad being disposal that was a turn over. And sed how bad he really was.
Tally: good disposals 16
Pass 2
Bad 0
Other notes
Had a couple of bad fumbles.
Easy mark which he fumbled an dropped but went after the ball and received the free.
And a couple of others which were under pressure which most should have held on too and couple if look at and go the effort was there and thats good.
Was beaten by zorko in goal square in one on one. Which resulted in goal. Unlucky to be given 50 m penalty against for over stepping mark. If watch closely he does take couple of steps back after being shown the mark. So good spoil ended being a goal. Guess need to make sure umpire see's those couple of steps you take back from mark.
Had a few good one on one's in the forward fifty and around the ground as every player does.
All in all his game wasnt as bad as thought was going to be after reading some posts.
Diposals while not setting world on fire were mostly good and hitting targets. A little bit fumbly receiving ball. Seems to be a touch down on confidence.
Dont think needs to be dropped though. Wasnt the worst out there today.

Will never ever forget!!!
It was terrible. Was comprehensively beaten in one on one's and when having a direct match up. Made errors, fumbled and cost us goals.

I'm not one for bagging players, but he had a poor game, you can't really argue against that with good/pass disposals. Wouldn't be against him getting another chance, but fully expect him to be out of the side.

He should not have been brought back after only one VFL game, he is not that important to the structure of the side. Should have given someone else an opportunity.

Hopefully we rush Shiggsy straight back into the senior side.
While the seniors were busy choking in the nation's capital Shiggsy was busy at the Western Oval picking up a lazy 35 possessions and leading the reserves to a dominant victory.
Pretty much says it all really.
Shane Biggs Never Forget.

I think Shiggsy was playing with a sore hip earlier in the season. It seemed better on the weekend so he's forms returned.
We need him back,hopefully we don't make the same mistake of leaving him out of the side again. Without Shiggsy we look second rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time Biggs came in after one good week in the VFL, he was worst on ground by far. Give him another couple of games down there first.

I think Shiggsy also had a broken hand earlier in the season which caused him to fumble a bit more than one would expect.

If Biggs plays the next four games and has recovered from injury,we win. It's that simple.

Shane Biggs never forget.

I think Shiggsy also had a broken hand earlier in the season which caused him to fumble a bit more than one would expect.

If Biggs plays the next four games and has recovered from injury,we win. It's that simple.

Shane Biggs never forget.

Keep this on the down low but he has been playing through two broken hands and a torn achilles so far this year. Hes a warrior.

I wouldn't expect him to come back this week.

1-2 more VFL games and if his form warrants it, he may come in against WCE or Geelong.
Agree totally , we need him again for the "Big Dance".
A few more weeks of confidence in the VFL won't hurt.

He made me laugh Friday night in the 2's. Couldn't wait til he got off the field before talking to a nice looking young lady in the crowd asking if she was gonna meet him back at his place. Sounds like Biggsy saved a bit in the tank for later that night.

He made me laugh Friday night in the 2's. Couldn't wait til he got off the field before talking to a nice looking young lady in the crowd asking if she was gonna meet him back at his place. Sounds like Biggsy saved a bit in the tank for later that night.
What's your point? You wouldn't? :rolleyes:

Personally, I might have done things with a text later on, instead of broadcasting it in front of a VFL crowd of about 50 people.
That's not how Shiggsy rolls though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back