Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 6 disposals, when he have had to work harder for 0 goals with 10. Pleasing effort. Well deserved too
He creates space for his team mates. Did a couple of nice blocks in marking contests around CHF area for Fyfe and Lobb I think. Also muscles players off the ball regularly to allow smaller players to swoop in and steal the ball. He’s a smart player who just needs game time to get that cohesion and rhythm. He should have played one week earlier against GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Important offseason coming up for Hoges. If he can keep his head straight and lay off the drugs and booze he will return with a bang in 2021 and help lead the team up the ladder. It's up to him now really if he wants to become a serious footballer or not.

the boys really got around him when he kicked his first. I think he is a popular guy around the club, so suggesting he is going to be booted for off the field activities i think is a tad unrealistic.

This is a bloke who had cancer and his dad died. I think we can cut him a bit of slack.

the boys really got around him when he kicked his first. I think he is a popular guy around the club, so suggesting he is going to be booted for off the field activities i think is a tad unrealistic.

This is a bloke who had cancer and his dad died. I think we can cut him a bit of slack.

If there was any intentions to get rid of his at seasons end i can't imagine he'd be playing at the moment. Clearly JL is working on that forward connection at the moment and its pretty evident that Jesse is a huge part of his plans.

If there was any intentions to get rid of his at seasons end i can't imagine he'd be playing at the moment. Clearly JL is working on that forward connection at the moment and its pretty evident that Jesse is a huge part of his plans.

I think it was pretty clear if you didn't goto the hub and weren't in contention for getting a game then you are a flat delist at the end of the year.

if your getting a game at the moment you are part of the plan for next year. Stephen Hill is clearly part of the plan for example.

I think it was pretty clear if you didn't goto the hub and weren't in contention for getting a game then you are a flat delist at the end of the year.

if your getting a game at the moment you are part of the plan for next year. Stephen Hill is clearly part of the plan for example.

Bingo.

The ones of particular interest to me are North and Giro.

Yeah I'm confused why Duffield is also suggesting "intrigue" around Jesse and a potential trade. Fails the common sense test to me. Then again with the QLD hub maybe Duff and co are struggling to get much out of the club and have to rely on adding on to random thoughts from the East Coast media instead of having any inside knowledge.

My gut feel is JL and co gave Jeese a very clear ultimatum earlier in the year along the lines of 'meet these standards or we'll seek to trade you'. So that's then gone to his manager who would understandably take that and make enquiries should it eventuate. Jesse's change of manager may also point to them not handling it the way he wanted them to (ie got flak from the club). Either way the East Coast media have got wind of it and run with it. Meanwhile Jesse has pulled his finger out and JL and the club now see a bright future with him in it so long as he maintains the required standards.

I'd suggest it may have been a similar story for one or more others on our list but who didn't respond like they needed to.

Giro has speed and a huge tank. As Colyer's continued inclusion showed, that's rated as part of Longy's plan.

North seems pretty neither here nor there to me but a mate who is a good judge of footy cattle gives him a pass mark. Handy to keep on list.

I thought Thomas was g-o-r-n when Butters and O'Reilly got the neck, but they must see something in him (and that same mate tells me Thomas can play).

Giro has speed and a huge tank. As Colyer's continued inclusion showed, that's rated as part of Longy's plan.

If his foot skills have developed i think hes clearly a long term wing option, hes got that Langdon work rate and speed that i think coming from a team with Tom Phillips would be appreciated by JL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back