Welcome - The Shrine that is Jesse Hulk Hogan (Continued from Melbourne) | Page 16 | BigFooty

Welcome The Shrine that is Jesse Hulk Hogan (Continued from Melbourne)

Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by freo_leo29, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Tayl0r

Tayl0r Moderator

Fremantle
    I think Hogan is CHF, Tabs is FF, Lobb is the third tall who relief rucks. Taberner stays deepest always, he is quite quick off the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. SHill Shall

SHill Shall Club Legend

Fremantle
    Agree - I used to believe that Tabs' roaming ability meant he was ideally suited to CHF. But I've now decided that he simply can't play intuitively enough to take quick options in that link man role. Better he plays in a role where he automatically kicks for goal if he marks.

jerms, estibador and Unique Name like this.
  3. Heart Of Purple

Heart Of Purple Senior List

Fremantle
    Id say hes best suited to primarily playing deep, but on the odd occasion using his run and roaming ability to get up on the wings and leave space out the back for others to push back into. Similar to a kennedy type, primarily plays deep, but does push up leaving space behind him.

4. Paracleet

Paracleet We finally really did it. You maniacs!

Fremantle
    Please Tabs is rubbish inside 50. Even McCarthy fat and depressed marks the ball inside 50 more often than Tabs. He is good at pushing up the ground using his big tank and good one one contested marking ability, and then he does nothing with it as he has close to zero vision and his field kicking is ordinary. Cox at FF or a 2 tall forward line for me (if Fatty is counted as a medium) and Tabs to LRO.

CapitalA likes this.
  5. Righteo

Righteo Purple Campaigner

Fremantle
    Other Teams:
    Boston Celtics - The Brew Crew
    did Silent Alarm hack your account?

jerms, Van_Dyke, theGav56 and 16 others like this.
  6. Unique Name

Unique Name Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    If we only play 2 tall forwards with one of them being Lobb I will go full postal. Remember the days when we played Pav and Clarke as our two tall forwards? Clarke chops out in the ruck and leaves Pav to get tripled teamed. Yeah those were the days.

2 KPF's + Ruck/Fwd please.

7. Steinfreo

Steinfreo Club Legend

Fremantle
    Unfortunately Tabs was a stop gap during the tough times. Hes gonna struggle to make this team. He better hope McCarthy still hates footy next season and Cox stays fat, because a Tabs doing everything right is barely better than either.

charlie34 and eastfreo75 like this.
  8. Unique Name

Fremantle
    Yeah sounds good.... but fake news.

Tabs is ahead of McCarthy in basically all stats, even-steven in goals. This is with Tabs also having to try and be a ruck/fwd and considering that his game against Bulldogs was over after 10mins.

Vs Cox again most stats are in Tabs' favour. But I'd wouldn't be upset if we prioritised Cox over Tabs. (Hogan -CHF, Cox - FF, Lobb - Ruck/Fwd)

Listening to the club talk about Tabs last year and how they thought he had come along. I don't think they agree with your analysis.

McCarthy needs to spend half a season at Peel.

upload_2018-11-9_18-50-56.png

upload_2018-11-9_18-53-17.png

prpl_jss, BlueE and MadDocker like this.
  9. CapitalA

CapitalA Rookie

Fremantle
    Hows that 4.6 turnovers.....look at the relevant stats. I said he is very good at marking and kicking goals but terrible up the ground when he has to link up

10. Kram

Kram I'll brik u

Fremantle
    Other Teams:
    Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
    Tabs has tools like quality marking and a good tank but he's pretty dopey with moving the ball on.

King Tenz likes this.
  11. MadDocker

MadDocker Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Yeah what a crab only being a strong contested mark and decent kick for goal. Booooo. Booooo that man....

_007_, mr robot, Bicco and 1 other person like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Unique Name

Fremantle
    Yeah, I've said before I don't think he is suited up the ground. He should be the last link in the chain. Mark and kick goals... or at the very least half the contest and bring the ball to ground.

13. CapitalA

CapitalA Rookie

Fremantle
    Fair enough....ok i was probably being a bit dramatic about never seeing him again he will likely play deep forward at times next year but i think in our best team he will be squeezed out. Lobb can always rotate with Sandi/Darcy in the FF position

14. tants

tants Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Tabs' problems are he is not good enough to regularly hold marks against the best KPBs in the game and he is not quick enough of mind to play link up. He also doesn't ruck well enough to be R/F.

He is the perfect stop gap for any of those spots though.

15. Steinfreo

Steinfreo Club Legend

Fremantle
    Sweet but dont you feel like weve seen all we are going to see out of Tabs? Come on man, look inside your self this is it for Tabs, plus hes proving to be a bit injury prone now. He has had some great games for sure but I still believe in McCarthy for some reason. Hes one Walters off season away from a 40-50 goal season imo. This is probably his last go at it though without improvement.

16. tacopavlich

tacopavlich Club Legend

Fremantle
    Just because Mcarthy has more potential doesn't mean he deserves to be in the side with that merit alone. Tabs clearly deserves to be infront of him at this time.

UFO Tatsu and Kenny_01 like this.
  17. Galvo

Galvo Senior List

Fremantle
    interesting, If anything i would’ve said those stats support what he’s saying ie Tabs has only marginally better stats than either even with Cox being young and McCarthy being out of form. Both had more score board impact.

Regardless, Tabs will get games through having better form and/or injury issues. It’s great to have some competition for spots.

18. Unique Name

Fremantle
    Yeah, fair enough on Tabs. I'm just big on the idea of 2 KPF's and 1 Ruck/Fwd.

Hogan and Lobb obviously take two of those spots... Tabs I still think is the best of the rest in regards to the FF position. Would be happy for Cox to get that spot though if they want to push his development.

I'm well off McCarthy at the moment, completely lost faith in him so I just don't see him anyway near our B22. Hopefully he kills the preseason and proves me wrong.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 9:53 AM
    _007_, BlueE and dockerfemme like this.
  19. Spirit Level

Spirit Level Campaigner

Fremantle
    Other Teams:
    Dallas Cowboys
    Tabs isn't better than McCarthy, he's a different type of player.

There is no longer room for him in the 1sts barring injury

20. prpl_jss

prpl_jss Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other Teams:
    Brentford FC, Yankees
    If he had any intention of proving the doubters wrong, he'd have started training already.

21. Clems Knee

Clems Knee Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Check post #1 on the 2019 Preseason thread.

The thing about Taberner is that he has improved every single year he’s been on the list.

Edit: and I’ve just reread the post and realised you’re talking about McCarthy. Hopefully he comes back in good nick.

Purpletown and prpl_jss like this.
  22. Steinfreo

Steinfreo Club Legend

Fremantle
    If you combined them wed have a top 5 tall in the comp :(

23. theGav56

theGav56 Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other Teams:
    Fremantle
    Our three best forward options from last season (Cox/McCarthy/Taberner) are now fighting it out for the third tall spot. And Dixon is going into his second year. Pretty damn exciting whichever way we go.

24. mightymouse75

mightymouse75 Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other Teams:
    Wimbledon AFC
    Tabs will struggle. Happy to give him a year to improve again. But if he doesnt he needs to move on. Happy to eat my tinfoil straw hat if he kicks ass.

25. elsleevador

elsleevador Team Captain

Fremantle
    If Dixon turns out to be a gun, I wonder if we’ll be able to keep him.
    He showed some amazing signs against Claremont late in the season.
    Could Hogan turn into a swing man to allow the red headed Tasmanian space in a tall forward line?

M_rash likes this.