Welcome The Shrine that is Jesse Hulk Hogan (Continued from Melbourne)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M_rash

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not necessarily. I imagine he has been doing a lot of cross training on the bike or rower to maintain his cardio.
And Alter-G treadmill. He’ll be fine fitness wise. These are professional athletes who still train when injured, not average Joes who lounge around getting fat, looking for sympathy.

🧐 wait a sseeecccoonddddd

05827367-62F5-4985-A58D-283F45D6EEAD.jpeg

Seriously though, he’ll be fine. Has a big tank already. If Cerra could not even run for 3 months and still be ready for round two after zero previous preseasons - I’ll back Hoges to be ready to rock’n’roll some Roos!

basashi

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
Can't see it myself. He's pictured this morning barely running, so his fitness is going to be shizen.
Also, and please correct me if I am (hopefully) wrong.... but if he was available for round 1 PLUS was reliably available throughout the year, wouldn't that be quite a remarkable outcome for this kind of injury? Navicular?

JBMAN

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's a tricky one this one, there are varying reports about recovery from this type of injury. Normally 4 months before resuming full activity but it can vary according to what I have read. The fact that he is kicking the footy would make you think that so far he is on track. The key indicator seems to be that if there is ongoing pain then it can be a bad result in the end and sometimes it can recur after healing. Bad results seem to be in the minority of cases, lets hope Jesse isn't one of those.

Arcassius

Team Chaplain
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
It's a tricky one this one, there are varying reports about recovery from this type of injury. Normally 4 months before resuming full activity but it can vary according to what I have read. The fact that he is kicking the footy would make you think that so far he is on track. The key indicator seems to be that if there is ongoing pain then it can be a bad result in the end and sometimes it can recur after healing. Bad results seem to be in the minority of cases, lets hope Jesse isn't one of those.
In the scenario that they do cut his foot off, is there a precedent for AFL players with prosthetic limbs?

youmewe

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
In the scenario that they do cut his foot off, is there a precedent for AFL players with prosthetic limbs?
Freo medical staff have been tinkering with prosthetic limbs for some time now.

Last year they replaced A. Pearce's troublesome lower leg with a wooden rail.
Worked a treat until termites set in mid season.

1547094473086.png

Arcassius

Team Chaplain
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Freo medical staff have been tinkering with prosthetic limbs for some time now.

Last year they replaced A. Pearce's troublesome lower leg with a wooden rail.
Worked a treat until termites set in mid season.

View attachment 603269
I love Alex. Especially the way he would grab the ball and go for a trot. Then you can see that moment when he's moving faster than his brain could figure out what to do next, so he'd turn the ball over instead of hitting up a short target.

I love the attack on the ball, and I love the trots he goes on. The last bit will come with experience. For now, it's just hilarious ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom